• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Screenshot 2024-01-08 084020.jpg

A few years ago, a buddies wife shot my 460 S&W. She'd watched a couple of us shoot it before her and knew what she was getting into. I still tried to talk her out of it.

I stood a few feet behind her, expecting to have to try and catch it, but she held on! After that, she went prone and shot another guys fairly light 50BMG.

I was having flashbacks of a time at the range when I watched a guy hand his 8-9 y.o. daughter a 1911, and she promptly split her forehead open with it. :mad:
A buddy in the early 90's was a Class 7 'smith and brought some college kid from U.T. out to let him shoot his FA Uzi. Les had his 1911 on his hip and gave the kid instructions on how to hold it, lean into it and what to expect.

His final bit of advise was"...I'm going to stand behind you. If you let it get away from you or drop it while it's in full auto, I'm going to shoot you...in the head." :oops:

I think the kid realized right then the importance of maitaining control of the gun.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmmoFort and mi650
A buddy in the early 90's was a Class 7 'smith and brought some college kid from U.T. out to let him shoot his FA Uzi. Les had his 1911 on his hip and gave the kid instructions on how to hold it, lean into it and what to expect.

His final bit of advise was"...I'm going to stand behind you. If you let it get away from you or drop it while it's in full auto, I'm going to shoot you...in the head." :oops:

I think the kid realized right then the importance of maitaining control of the gun.
1st time my wife shot a gun was a couple years before we got married, my Marlin M60 at some cans. That afternoon, she decided to try my Mossberg 500, with a 2 3/4 #6 in it. (She weighed 105 at the time) I told her 5-6 times to pull it tight to her shoulder, including 1/2 a second before she pulled the trigger.

You guessed it, she flinched, pulled it away, and got slammed!! She threw it at me!! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: TexPatriot

Many years ago was at The Sicily drop zone at Bragg watching a landing. Couple of chutes got tangled and then untangled but the paratroopers hit a bit hard. Big dodge ambulance heads toward them… while other troopers are still landing. Big no-no! The Ambulances were supposed to stay out until everyone was in the ground.

This one poor guy lands right on the hood/windshield of the moving ambulance. Splud.

Everyone survived with just minor injuries….

But… was painful to watch!

Oops.

Sirhr

I just got, via UPS, a pair of 2.5" inlet/outlet Cherry Bombs from Summit Racing.

They cost about $29 each. Plus some shipping.

I seem to remember that back in about 1982... a pair of Cherry Bombs cost about $50. Which was real money back then. But, hell, Cherry bombs!!

We're about to find out who is a boomer and who is an X-er or some kind of Gen Blue-hair type.

Because if you don't know what a Cherry Bomb was.... you should be driving a hybrid.

Sirhr
I think I'm technically a millenial, but whatever. Somewhere around 20 years ago or so I had dropped off my car at a local muffler shop to get a dual exhaust out on it, and used their courtesy car to do some errands around town. I came back with a set of cherry bomb knockoffs and the guy working on my car asked what they were for. I told him I needed something to make other car sort of legal. He told me those won't do it, which was perfect.
Here's the car that got the cherry bombs, long gone now. Came out of a farmer's field and I cut the roof and mufflers off, best $100 I ever spent.
BIRD6 copy.jpg
349638986sFxWZa_ph.jpg

We were out hunting with that car in northern BC a long time ago. My brother shot off the passenger side mirror trying to hit a deer with a paintball gun. Later he actually shot a bear, and we drove down the road with it on the hood until it slid off on a corner, and we had to move him to the trunk. Good times.
Kristian

Last edited:
Back in the day, I was probably 11 or so, we had some ice followed by a little snow. A couple buddies and I grabbed our steel runner sleds and headed to a spot in town that had a long run down a sidewalk for about 300 yards. I led off and flew down the sidewalk, but when I got to the bottom my buddies were way back. I walked back up the hill and the guy behind me, either couldn't see due to snow flying up or just lost control a bit, can't remember which, but he ran head on into a telephone pole between the sidewalk and the curb. Bloody face, out-of-it, etc. We helped him home and dropped him off at the door, no use of us getting chewed on...lol. He told his mom he thought he broke his nose. She told him to go to bed and sleep it off, he was fine. When he got up in the morning he was black and blue, swollen and couldn't breathe through his nose. Nose and sinus surgery put him back in commission. "Just walk it off, you're fine...":ROFLMAO:
Sleds like this are very common in Norway.
012wX1PwW7jn-258219002.jpg

And they don't salt the backroads in the mountains. When visiting family in winter we'd get towed up the road at night by rope, then race back down in the dark, with the tow car behind everyone. They run huge races on frozen roads (closed to traffic) too, or at least used to. We didn't have that luxury, so had to watch for headlights of oncoming vehicles. There was never that much traffic though. Unfortunately one of my adult cousins was going way to fast (nearly 20 years ago now) and didn't make it around a corner one time, and died from his chest hitting the steering wheel. Pretty messed up sometimes what might take you out. That put a huge damper on our new years eve back home in Canada when we heard about it, and I think they cancelled the big local race that year.
Kristian