• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_pt9pdfnwWj1rgonum_1280.jpg
P-47 my favorite WWII fighter.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
P-47 my favorite WWII fighter.

Officially called the Thunderbird. Unofficially the "Jug" Radial engines made them more reliable, able to take hits and keep on fighting, perfect for air to ground.

FWIW US Navy preference was for air cooled , radial engines (no fragile radiators) Wildcats, Corsairs, Hellcats, Bearcats, Douglas SBD, Avengers...

Officially called the Thunderbolt. Unofficially the "Jug" Radial engines made them more reliable, able to take hits and keep on fighting, perfect for air to ground.

FWIW US Navy preference was for air cooled , radial engines (no fragile radiators) Wildcats, Corsairs, Hellcats, Bearcats, Douglas SBD, Avengers...
FIFY

Reactions: klf
FWIW Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp was used in
Canadair CL-215
Convair CV-240 family
Douglas A-26 Invader
Douglas DC-6
Grumman F6F Hellcat
Martin B-26 Marauder
Republic P-47 Thunderbolt
Sikorsky CH-37 Mojave
Vought F4U Corsair

Reactions: JBPilot
I hope the appointment went well.

Sorry I didn’t make it back yesterday. It was a bad day. The “headache that defies belief” came back and my fever got up.

My doc teleconferenced me and joked “youre looking well”. I love her to death, she is amazing. 5’ tall Indian spitfire.

She called in 500mg of Azithromycin (not a tapered Zpack) and some codeine cough medicine.

I took a shower, hot as I could take, first thing this morning. I blew a thing out of my nose that resembled the alien from The Thing and was huge, so maybe the antibiotic is busting it up.

Headache still, but not as bad.

I appreciate your prayers, thoughts and well wishes. @armorpl8chikn knows me personally and if I do not appear he can be PMd to ask if I’m alive.

We keep any serious theological discussion out of here per @lowlight ’s rules. I do not believe he minds us asking each other for prayer. I am as sick as I imagine I could be and not be in the hospital. C19 is no joke, I will never complain of a cold again.

Now back to the pics.

appreciate your prayers, thoughts and well wishes. @armorpl8chikn knows me personally and if I do not appear he can be PMd to ask if I’m alive.

^^^^^^^I've never met this guy before in my life.

?

Get well brother. You are gonna be fine.
I'm battling my sinuses right now with pollen allergies. Maybe insult has been added to your injury with this pollen.

This is a swarm of honey bees. It is nothing to be afraid of. They're hanging out waiting for their scouts to find a new home. This is part of their natural cycle. They are loaded down with honey, nectar and pollen and are quite mellow in this mode unless you do something stupid. Leave them alone and they will be gone in a few hours, or better yet, do a quick internet search for your local beekeepers' organization and you will invariably find a list of people who will come immediately.

Where I live, the local and state PD's have a list of beekeepers who will come and get them, especially if they're in an easy place like this. There is a lot of beekeeper politics to being on top of the list. Where I am, it is now done by lottery at a meeting with everyone watching. This swarm is incredibly easy to catch for those who know how and is worth $120+ immediately or much more over time if you start a new hive and work it.. There is no danger at all. I have a friend who makes a really entertaining show of being a bee whisperer. He loves to gather a crowd to watch if it's in the suburbs. He's not a bee whisperer; he just knows what to do and the swarm's behavior is extremely predictable. It's still entertaining to watch. He also has an ingenious homemade vacuum system for catching swarms that end up high in trees without hurting them.

I've gotten several swarms like this off of farm fenceposts and in trees where I can reach them.This year I didn't do well in the lottery and am 8th on the public list. The farmers close by know to call me as I give them a few pounds of my best honey.

This is a swarm of honey bees. It is nothing to be afraid of. They're hanging out waiting for their scouts to find a new home. This is part of their natural cycle. They are loaded down with honey, nectar and pollen and are quite mellow in this mode unless you do something stupid. Leave them alone and they will be gone in a few hours, or better yet, do a quick internet search for your local beekeepers' organization and you will invariably find a list of people who will come immediately.

Where I live, the local and state PD's have a list of beekeepers who will come and get them, especially if they're in an easy place like this. There is a lot of beekeeper politics to being on top of the list. Where I am, it is now done by lottery at a meeting with everyone watching. This swarm is incredibly easy to catch for those who know how and is worth $120+ immediately or much more over time if you start a new hive and work it.. There is no danger at all. I have a friend who makes a really entertaining show of being a bee whisperer. He loves to gather a crowd to watch if it's in the suburbs. He's not a bee whisperer; he just knows what to do and the swarm's behavior is extremely predictable. It's still entertaining to watch. He also has an ingenious homemade vacuum system for catching swarms that end up high in trees without hurting them.

I've gotten several swarms like this off of farm fenceposts and in trees where I can reach them.This year I didn't do well in the lottery and am 8th on the public list. The farmers close by know to call me as I give them a few pounds of my best honey.
Funny though, I was a timber faller for 20 years in the Pacific Northwest and during that time, I became familiar in a bad way with many types of bees. One of the worst to come familiar with were the wild honey bees, they’re darker in color. They can somehow track you down further than you’d think. They hate timber fallers