• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

A-lion-greets-a-dog-like-a-gentleman.gif

My dad had one in the late '60s or early '70s. It was like you said. There was a plastic cartridge that held a continuous strip of razor metal, wound up around a spool. You'd mount the cartridge on the handle and shave for a few days until it got dull. Then, you'd turn a small handle on the back of the main handle one revolution and it would advance the strip of blade just enough to give you a "fresh" blade. I think you could turn that crank 10 times before the blade ran out.

My dad used to give me the cartridges to play with when it was used up, because the blade was completely wound up on the spool at that point and couldn't cut you. Unless you figures our a way to break that cartridge open, of course.

Can't recall the name, but I really think it was made by Gillette. I say that because at the time Shick was seeking their Injector model, which gave fast blade changes without having to handle the blades.
Anyone else remember bathroom mirrors with a slot in the back for blades? There are houses out there with thousands of rusty razor blades piled in between the bathroom studs!!

Sirhr

Growing up poor, I had my fair share of potted meat sandwiches for lunch and dinner. It stinks, but after you've eaten 100-200 of them, they start to taste, well not bad. Not bad as in not good, but not bad either.....

You are correct. I grew up the same, and won't go near the stuff.

Reactions: jungle45
Re: coiled razor blade shaver: it was made by Richard Hudnut, called the Reel Shaver.
I had one. Hated it. Because it was a foil blade, it never seemed to be rigid enough to get a good shave and always seemed far to easy to slash my baby face.
I also never liked the double bitted axe, that Gillette marketed.
EF656763-4AC7-4C9E-843C-8DF3530EEEB5.jpeg

Attachments

• E6B31806-607D-4A89-8B00-8D5A5E43C31E.jpeg
    E6B31806-607D-4A89-8B00-8D5A5E43C31E.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 76
Growing up poor, I had my fair share of potted meat sandwiches for lunch and dinner. It stinks, but after you've eaten 100-200 of them, they start to taste, well not bad. Not bad as in not good, but not bad either.....
I love potted meat sammiches and Libby’s vienna sausages too (can’t eat Armour)

Reactions: 12Bravo
Re: coiled razor blade shaver: it was made by Richard Hudnut, called the Reel Shaver.
I had one. Hated it. Because it was a foil blade, it never seemed to be rigid enough to get a good shave and always seemed far to easy to slash my baby face.
I also never liked the double bitted axe, that Gillette marketed.
View attachment 7360564
Your review aside, that is really really cool!

Reactions: phxfa
Rental management company I sub from said the owner of this rental wanted to know if I could fix this mailbox.....😂

Advised a new one was the way to go. Rental owners.....

B8D28E7E-8E65-4D74-A524-C3D2638DDA35.jpeg

Reactions: StealthOwl