• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

D83E16D7-AADB-4B72-AB9C-47864DAA3613.jpeg

My wife retires November 30, and we’re moving full time to our farm on a spur of Round Peak mountain in the Stewarts Creek area of Surry County NC. We’re a mile off the main road 😎. Good flat ground mostly with lots of woods and the best well water you ever tasted. We live part time here and in Smithfield NC where we grew up. Selling the Smithfield house this winter. I’ve been there since I was 4, I’m 50 now. I bought it from my mom In 93 when I was married. Going to be hard to leave it but I’m a hillbilly in my heart.

I keep hoping I see him! I wanna wrassle ‘im!

It is spring fed, both creeks, and the water is COLD.

My grandmother’s brother was Percy Flowers, famous moonshiner from Johnston County where I grew up. Uncle Percy was a legend. Look him up. Sent shine all over the country and even internationally. My FIL said when he was in Nam a guy had a jar of my great uncle’s liquor in his pack LOL.
My uncle DJ ran moonshine in Franklin County Va., in a 40 Ford, when he was a teenager. He went on to work with real criminals in DC.

My uncle DJ ran moonshine in Franklin County Va., in a 40 Ford, when he was a teenager. He went on to work with real criminals in DC.
My new place ain’t far from Franklin. That county has a real history too and is where my user name comes from.

'These are the last few for awhile'...
I have one more enroute, then unless it’s something really rare for a deal.....

Thinking of building something similar to this to display the vintage razors, only thinner oak with a darker finish and maybe some brass or nickel accents. It’ll need to hold 12 or so.

DAD1F855-136F-42BC-A16D-6B7F91C2CD30.jpeg

Reactions: Edgecrusher
Started chemo today and I think I saw this out my bedroom window.

View attachment 7401607

Hmmm. As Lawless said, whats up?
Well, chemo is a double edged sword. It sucks. And beating cancer beats that suck dow even more.
I dont know you from Adam and would love to pray for you. As would my folks. A name is nice to pray for and if you know God, you also know its not required by Him.

Please let me (and us Hide guys, we get things done) if you need anything.

BTW, your posts are awesome. Beautiful pics of nature bring me a lot of joy.
I looked up that waterfall pic from AK. Its near a small summer supply village on the shore of Lake Clark in the national park in AK. No info other than there is a trail Along it for a ways.

Started chemo today and I think I saw this out my bedroom window.

View attachment 7401607

Godspeed brother and I hope for the BEST outcome for you.

Eat A LOT of cruciferous green vegetables. (Cabbage, bok choy, etc) and A LOT of apples. Granny Smith and Red varieties. Habits like these should be practiced for life... Beating this shit requires cooperation on all parts. Medical, dietary, psychological, etc...

Maybe I missed it, what’s going on brother?
Ultrasound showed an enlarged lymph node in 2018; needle biopsy negative. More nodes enlarged and more negative needle biopsies, so I had a surgical biopsy in 2019 and it showed nothing. I had another surgical biopsy this July and diagnosis is classic Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 2. Port-A-Cath surgery last Tuesday and started chemo yesterday. If all goes well: chemo every 2 weeks for a total of 4, if PET scan is clear t, then another round of 4 and then radiation every day for 3 weeks. So far, I just feel tired spacey and have a dull headache and am able to eat some. Any and all prayers for Eric appreciated.

My grandson sent me this. I feel the same. :)

back off.jpeg

Last edited:
Well.

I have told this story a million times and will a million more.
When I was 4 my mom had CA. 3 very involved surgeries and 8 months of chemo. Last dose on her 28th birthday in early April.
She had a husband and 3 boys under 10.

Docs told her to recoup from the last chemo for a week or 10 days and enjoy the summer, as it would be her last.

Well, I just chatted with her this AM.
We talked about baking bread and creating a new gluten free pizza crust from scratch for my kid, her 3rd grandchild.

Her doc said that her case is was cemented his faith and belief in miracles.
She went on to become a nurse and touched thousands of lives, and still does volunteering weekly at home and across the country for weeks and even months at a time with my dad.

Dang. Dusty in my just dusted house.

Take care. Again, please let us know if you need anything at all.

cape_towns_kalk_bay_harbour_au.jpg

Giant waves crash over onlookers washing them off the sea wall of Cape Town’s Kalk Bay harbour, August 27, 2005. The two men were later rescued as storms created waves of an estimated 9 meters.

Ultrasound showed an enlarged lymph node in 2018; needle biopsy negative. More nodes enlarged and more negative needle biopsies, so I had a surgical biopsy in 2019 and it showed nothing. I had another surgical biopsy this July and diagnosis is classic Hodgkin's Lymphoma stage 2. Port-A-Cath surgery last Tuesday and started chemo yesterday. If all goes well: chemo every 2 weeks for a total of 4, if PET scan is clear t, then another round of 4 and then radiation every day for 3 weeks. So far, I just feel tired spacey and have a dull headache and am able to eat some. Any and all prayers for Eric appreciated.

View attachment 7402050
Absolutely will be praying for ya brother!
Philippians 4:6-7

View attachment 7402050

I’m not going to throw platitudes at you. I’m going to tell you that a hard road is ahead of you and you will be tested like never before. There will be times when you want to give up. There will be times you treat your family badly. There will be times when you’re just angry and pissed off at the world....and all of that is OK.

Romans 7. Grace defined.

I will pray for you Eric.

If you need anything, PM me. I can be your venting place, your encouragement or cry with you. Anything at all, just let me know.