Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

missed

nothing
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
TEXAS
I call you an raise you with English Grammar. Baked does not rhyme with Naked. Teaching grammar to the young mind allows them to acclimate to the oddities, but imagine being an immigrant in your 20s and having to learn this crap as your second language.
I can see that. I have a buddy that is a Swede, learned English in his thirties, speaks English 98% of the time now. It's been nearly 10 years and it still kicks his ass sometimes.

Sandhog308

Petty Officer of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 14, 2020
Between the Ozark and Ouachitas
I’m headed to the hills to mow this weekend. I imagine my pasture is definitely in need.
Keep the pics coming 👨🏻‍🌾
Have fun & be safe !! 👍

Heading to a spot on the Buffalo National River where I have access to a friends land that’s having coyote problems. Finally have awesome weather !! He pays in Black Angus beef and/or moonshine 😎

John_in_WYO

Colorful Raconteur
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2009
Cody, WY
I call you an raise you with English Grammar. Baked does not rhyme with Naked. Teaching grammar to the young mind allows them to acclimate to the oddities, but imagine being an immigrant in your 20s and having to learn this crap as your second language.
Calling Prof. BullGear!

Would you please explain the reason that tasty and nasty are not each either “long vowel“ or “short vowel“ sounds?
🧐
😆
I’ve been curious about that language oddity for years.
I wish Mrs. Tuck had explained that in high school.....grin.

And why in the world is the “Homo” in Homonym/Homophone/Homograph not pronounced the same?

You’re correct, sir.
English is full of rules that make little sense, especially to a non-native speaker.

Last edited:

Lawless

Tribal Appalachian
Belligerents
Minuteman
  • Feb 11, 2018
    NC
    Pasture mowed, all the grass mowed, finished getting the last of some ancient barbed wire out of the woods. Whole line was around 1200 feet and parts of it was 9 strands 🙄 took me several trips to get it done over the summer. Thick laurel some of it ran through and multiple trees fell across it.

Glad it’s done, my legs look like a herd of angry cats smelled tuna in my shorts.

$#@& barbed wire, seriously 😐

On a positive note, it is beautiful up here and supposed to be highs in the 60s for a few days.

No freeloading

C4D00E61-256F-4A06-89BE-CA5634D5B02F.jpegFEA7E0B1-D6DE-4B7A-8BC8-830441919591.jpeg