• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1604380147609.jpeg

Reactions: Beefmanne
Have seen hundreds of them being shipped blade by blade, section by section, down I-84 through The Gorge.

They are big and I just hate seeing them litter the country side up. Quite a few issues with them that you never hear about, nor do they want you know.

When my kids were younger they said it would made them dizzy looking at them. I told them that they made made the cows so dizzy that they would throw up all four of their stomachs:)

Obama had them rolling in from China like Model T's off the Ford assembly line when he was in office.
And they're much louder than you would think.

There's a Boy Scout camp on the NE/KS border.

About 1/4 mile away, sits about a half dozen of these monstrosities.

At night after the boys fell asleep and all was quiet, all you could hear was "WOOSH, WOOSH, WOOSH."

It's awful.

Reactions: gunman_7 and Decoy
There is a town in MA that had them in town. Then they had them stopped due to all the issues town folks had.

Lot of migraines and sleep issues.

Wind energy - great stuff. Figure out a new, or better yet, private way for people to have it on a small scale that isn't noisy. I used to hunt a few spots near some off the grid homes (from before it was a cool thing) and a couple of their windmills would howl like no tomorrow in the mountain winds of fall.

Nope. You're low on blinker fluid.
A few years ago working at an auto parts store a couple of girls came into the store needing blinker fluid. Looking outside I saw Dad sitting in the truck waiting... They had explained that pops sent them in for blinker fluid.

So being the person that I am my truck a little bit, got a pack in a poke Grease and explain to them what was going on... Initially not happy but then they explained it to him and I saw it was all in good fun.

So they go back to Dad and they leave. Later that week Pop's come in the store, opens the door and asks "ok, who's the asshole?" I just naturally respond, that would be me. To which he responds, "i haven't even explained anything yet".. As I hear somebody from down the counter "no, he's right he's the asshole"

Since he was holding the bulb Grease I knew who it was but let him explain the situation anyway. He had said that he would never hear the end of it that is gross keep giving him crap... LOL

My response was basically I may be an asshole but I'm not the asshole who sent my kids and be embarrassed and completely looks stupid and be laughed at. " let me speak to your manager" to which somebody in the background respectfully said he is the manager... LOL

Shook my hand, said that he knew there's a raised me like this place...lol

A few years ago working at an auto parts store a couple of girls came into the store needing blinker fluid. Looking outside I saw Dad sitting in the truck waiting... They had explained that pops sent them in for blinker fluid.

So being the person that I am my truck a little bit, got a pack in a poke Grease and explain to them what was going on... Initially not happy but then they explained it to him and I saw it was all in good fun.

So they go back to Dad and they leave. Later that week Pop's come in the store, opens the door and asks "ok, who's the asshole?" I just naturally respond, that would be me. To which he responds, "i haven't even explained anything yet".. As I hear somebody from down the counter "no, he's right he's the asshole"

Since he was holding the bulb Grease I knew who it was but let him explain the situation anyway. He had said that he would never hear the end of it that is gross keep giving him crap... LOL

My response was basically I may be an asshole but I'm not the asshole who sent my kids and be embarrassed and completely looks stupid and be laughed at. " let me speak to your manager" to which somebody in the background respectfully said he is the manager... LOL

Shook my hand, said that he knew there's a raised me like this place...lol

@seanh Please reread this and make the necessary changes so the rest of the literate world can understand this.

Don’t have an opinion on them either way but I do know that the blades are made in the USA.

Actually most of the blades for the US are made in Mexico and staged in Santa Teresa NM for shipment by truck or by rail. When I worked for a REIT we leased land for their storage facilities. Frankly I think they are a pox on the landscape and deadly to birds. Crony capitalism and rent seeking at its finest.

Actually most of the blades for the US are made in Mexico and staged in Santa Teresa NM for shipment by truck or by rail. When I worked for a REIT we leased land for their storage facilities. Frankly I think they are a pox on the landscape and deadly to birds. Crony capitalism and rent seeking at its finest.
BS. Provide citation for your statement that “most of the blades in the US are made in Mexico”. I have personally seen Vestas two blade building factories in Colorado which umploy over 3,200 employees. GE has three blade blade production facilities in Louisiana, Arkansas, and North Dakota. Siemens has their blade production facility in Iowa.

BS. Provide citation for your statement that “most of the blades in the US are made in Mexico”. I have personally seen Vestas two blade building factories in Colorado which umploy over 3,200 employees. GE has three blade blade production facilities in Louisiana, Arkansas, and North Dakota. Siemens has their blade production facility in Iowa.

Maybe I should I have worded it differently. Mitsubishi manufactures blades for the US market in Juarez. Hundreds of blades are stored on the US side of the border and shipped daily from the yard via truck and rail to locations all over the country. Regardless they are still a pox on the landscape.