• New Site Changes

View thread We just went through a pretty major site upgrade, so if you see any issues feel free to post them here

Maggie’s  Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Hawkwood

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2018
Looks like 1950s cotton insulation.

Aussie Joe

Wookie from Down Under
PX Member
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2019
Down Under
www.outbackpacks.com.au
Very nice.
Good on you for a cool business!
This is a side gig for now, correct?
Or is it FT? Thought I remembered this was a start up and you still had a reg job.

Would be cool to get these to the US.
Yeah still a side thing, and a good hobby to have.
I've shipped my gear all over the world now, if you search for the coutdoor basics " channel in YouTube a d you will see a stellar review of one of my medium Alice Packs I sent to the guy in Scotland 😎

Reactions: powdahound76

powdahound76

Old tired dad
PX Member
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Yeah, Im led to believe it is not long term (gone after days off) and been hearing this from a number of friends who still have to work around people.

lots of acne, strange marks, skin break down.
My friend moved to ME a few years ago and for the nurses and CNAs up there, she was sewing buttons on headbands so they wouldn't have to loop them behind their ears. folks were getting open sores on the back of their ears.
An RT here I work with did the same, but do a couple baseball hats.

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I have to wear a mask for 4 hours, 3 times a week and my ears are taking a beating by the straps. I can't imagine what front line hospital staff are enduring. I don't care what the professionals are saying but I don't feel well after wearing a mask for any extended period. CO2 is my concern. I'm not a Doc, but I can't believe rebreathing CO2 is a good idea.

sea2summit

Trying to get past 100m
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 1, 2009
    I have to wear a mask for 4 hours, 3 times a week and my ears are taking a beating by the straps. I can't imagine what front line hospital staff are enduring. I don't care what the professionals are saying but I don't feel well after wearing a mask for any extended period. CO2 is my concern. I'm not a Doc, but I can't believe rebreathing CO2 is a good idea.
    I feel the same, emotionally I also feel myself get angry when I put one on and often have to tell myself to relax. Really don't like them. And I'm a guy that has spent thousands of hours on respirators and rebreathers of one type or another.

Reactions: woogie_man

brianf

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY
    My company (myself included) have been wearing masks (n-95, blue paper, “Sheetrock” masks) depending on the department all day every day (except for break, lunch and bathroom) for decades...like the rest of the pharma industry

it’s really not that f-ing hard.

guys in the coating department wear the full face respirator (not pressurized) with filters for hours a day every day all year

these should stop posting pics and start putting the vaccine in people

Duc

Sergeant
    Supporter
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Oct 16, 2007
    NE. Illinios

EddieNFL

SMSgt
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jan 11, 2006
    Florida
    My company (myself included) have been wearing masks (n-95, blue paper, “Sheetrock” masks) depending on the department all day every day (except for break, lunch and bathroom) for decades...like the rest of the pharma industry

guys in the coating department wear the full face respirator (not pressurized) with filters for hours a day every day all year

Try MOPP 4 in the desert...or any climate.

• Haha
    Reactions: Doc68

powdahound76

Old tired dad
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 7, 2011
    Denver CO

while acknowledging this isnt a support for some of the SJW BS surrounding a lot of this, nor the obvious crap I hate about social media.

Have you ever worked clinically?
    12 hr shifts with one break long enough to pee?

Didnt think so.

Its not apples to apples.
    Work a year of nights in the ICU and then let me know if you still think it is.

And, their whiny crap annoys me too.
    figure it out and stop being a princess.

And yes, I have worked all kinds of hard jobs requiring respirators, long hazmat calls in full bunker gear, etc.
    and nights in the ICU..... 😁

Reactions: 260284 and brianf

Tazman308

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Jul 3, 2014
    People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Why People in California are Confused...

HERE IS WHY PEOPLE IN CALIFORNIA APPEAR CONFUSED

Chief Heather Fong is the first SFPD female, lesbian chief of police.

Theresa Sparks, a former male, is president of the San Francisco Police Commission, and CEO of a multi-million dollar sex toy retailer, and a transgender woman.

Sgt. Stephan Thorne, a former female, is the first transgender male SFPD police officer.

Where else are you going to find an Asian lesbian police chief, one deputy chief who is a woman who was a man, another deputy chief who is a man who was a woman, and
    a police commissioner who was a man is now a woman and whose full-time job is running a dildo store.

Their Representative in Congress is Nancy Pelosi

You cannot make this stuff up !!!!

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    while acknowledging this isnt a support for some of the SJW BS surrounding a lot of this, nor the obvious crap I hate about social media.

Have you ever worked clinically?
    12 hr shifts with one break long enough to pee?

Didnt think so.

Its not apples to apples.
    Work a year of nights in the ICU and then let me know if you still think it is.

And, their whiny crap annoys me too.
    figure it out and stop being a princess.

And yes, I have worked all kinds of hard jobs requiring respirators, long hazmat calls in full bunker gear, etc.
    and nights in the ICU..... 😁
    MOPP 4 in the south during the summer.. Military guys will get that reference.

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    No thanks

i have done a bunch of chem disaster trainings in the summer here in CO.

the garb was “warm” we will say.

What all does MOPP 4 entail?
    Easiest explanation is full head to toe PPE. Let's just say it's very warm and uncomfortable and you better be able to put it on very fucking quick, and know how to take it off in the right order.

powdahound76

Old tired dad
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Sep 7, 2011
    Denver CO
    Yeah, no humidity here in CO.
    the sun has a different setting of power, but having been around both, I will take that over the humidity of the south.

I was one of the “trainers” so I spent a lot of time practicing.

Still have a full kit or 2 in the WMD bags DHS gave out. 😎

gunjunkie45

Major Hide Member
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Nov 28, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Nothing leaves the secure part of the facility. You dress before you enter and you leave naked. Anything on you inside goes in the incinerator, wedding rings included.

• Wow
    Reactions: Jscb1b

GUN NUT in IA

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Dec 28, 2017
    No thanks

i have done a bunch of chem disaster trainings in the summer here in CO.

the garb was “warm” we will say.

What all does MOPP 4 entail?
    MOPP = Mission Oriented Protective Posture

Level 1. Suit
    Level 2. Boots
    Level 3. Mask
    Level 4. Gloves

edited for further clarification.

Last edited:
    Reactions: powdahound76