• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

I ran a rock crusher for a few years while I did maintenance on heavy equipment. I live in the PNW and all the yards push selling rock by the ton. The yard I worked for sold it by the ton. A reason was because we could scale trucks, versus measure volume.

On the other hand we always measured our volume to weight in the summer.
Yeah, don’t buy stone or fines on a rainy day 😁

The loader they’re using puts 4 tons in my trailer without even emptying the bucket 😮

One ton of gravel equals about 18 cubic feet, so 1.5 tons is about a yard. Fortunately for me, the local places all sell by the yard if delivered; if you're hauling your own in a dump trailer you're back to tons. I guess weighing is the only way they really know what's in your trailer.

I apologize for all the math talk, as I'm told it's racist. 😜
Interesting fact...

The white granite in this area is slightly lighter than gray granite. Mount Airy NC has the biggest white granite quarry in the US. If you buy white gravel in a bag at Lowes or HD, it most likely came from there.

I like it, the driveway lights up in your headlights when you come in at night. We’re about a mile from pavement and go through 2 other properties to get to our place. Neighbors love me for working on the drive.

Last edited:
39384628-9268585-image-a-11_1613537693693.jpg

39384630-9268585-image-a-10_1613537690033.jpg

Reactions: winniedonkey
Yay pilgrim, are these all your photos?

If so, you are a genius with your camera, hands down.
Best pictures I´ve seen since a while.

And if so too, have you been to all this places?
:oops:
No, all poached from various places on the net. I'm just sharing what I find interesting.

Reactions: Gaznazdiak
Rain and sleet earlier this morning. Trees aren't happyView attachment 7559823View attachment 7559824
Were supposed to get it tonight 😑

I spent a good part of the day making and testing the gennie connection to the panel, moving a couple of circuits and adding a new wire to my well pump all so I can run everything essential if we lose power. We’ve only been here full time for a couple of weeks so getting it all preppery like our old house is taking max effort.

Good news is gennie handles furnace, well, all lights, fans, fridge and even the water heater if I make sure well is off while it heats up. We can’t use the oven or clothes dryer obviously, it’s only a 6500W gennie.

I ordered a propane wall heater today....for a worst case scenario, to be used for emergency only like gennie quits running or something. It won’t be here for this storm but well have it going forward.

I also ordered our mini-split heat pump system (19 seer!). I’m taking the old oil furnace out before it craps the bed. The new sys is supposed to make heat down to 5 deg 😎 and I sized it perfectly to the house to be sure and remove humidity in the summer.

4 wheeler and truck are full of fuel, we have plenty to cook and I’ve got a book I want to start 🤠