• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

lightning road.jpg

Wow. That looks like Ritter/Banner Peak, at Thousand Islands Lake

My exact thoughts! But, I initially thought it looked more like Garnet lake. My high school graduation present was backpacking to Garnet lake with my dad for 5 nights. That trip will be one of the highlights of my life.

Yes, Thousand Island lake a few years ago. This is one of my favorite places to go backpacking.

That whole area feels like it was kissed by God for us to enjoy. Next to the Alaska range, that's one of my favorite areas on earth.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF
My dump trailer paperwork says (suggests?) it will dump 6800lbs. I have been creeping up past that, it has monster axles and tires but the issue is “will it dump” what I put on it.

I had gotten up to about 8500 and was about at its (and my) limit with that. It towed well and dumped easily at that weight and I was carrying almost a ton more each trip.

The regular loader driver was out yesterday at the quarry and they had Juan (no really, his name is Juan) who is in my best estimation NOT a natural born loader driver...running the wheel loader.

Well ole Juan proceeded to put an entire bucket in my trailer...

I looked at my wife and I said “That dude just put a LOT of stone in this trailer. We get to the scales and 10,300lbs! I looked at the guy running the scales and he said “that’s a ‘little’ more than you usually haul...

I took the chance and sure enough the Big Tex (gotta love those Texans) dumped without issue. Over 5 tons of stone really doesn’t go very far spread on the ground LOL.

Does your BigTex have a scissor lift? When I was building my house I bought a used PJ 14k dump for moving everything from land clearing to lumber to gravel and rock for my drive way.

I filled it up first trip to the Rock pit, had a lot on my mind, I didn't pay much attention until I got across the scales. Ended up north of 28,000lbs. Truck and trailer was about 12,000 of that. I started paying more attention when they loaded me.

FWIW, I can see the rock pit from my house so I wasn't going down the highway either.

I traded that trailer for the last job I needed for my house. I really miss it and look for another one on and off.

Spent many Friday and Saturday nights turn to mornings out drag racing.
From 1966 until I joined the Navy. Had some really nice and fast cars in that era.
Took my DL test in a 59 Vette ,My first car was a 57 Chevy 2 door post with a 427 out of a wrecked 68 Vette. We seldom got in trouble , or had any crashes. Couple of tickets here and there. Small town America in those days had benefits.

Edit for pictures : The picture of the 59 Vette I took my DL test in. My Uncle in the checkered shirt owned it. He was a Navy Corpsman then called Pharmacist Mates attached to the Marines from 1942-1944. We would drive to the closest Drag Strip 100 miles away from home. Change the rear tires to cheater slicks , uncap the headers , and run consistent 12.50‘s ET for the 1/4 mile.

He sold the 59 Vette in 1975 for basically chump change : ( He then bought and drove a 66 Vette , until he physically had trouble getting strapped in. I drove for him a couple of seasons at a local 1,000 ft. strip. Small Block , mostly all aluminum...block, heads etc. Ran on VP Racing Fuel , no nitrous , bulletproof Powerglide. Ran in the low 8’s / 120 mph in 1000 ft......Only time on a 1/4 mile strip ran in low 10’s close to 130 mph.
Great times and memories ! He was a charter member of NHRA , like Member 125 !
He passed away at age 97 , never lost his love and need for speed !! 👍

The 59 had both tops and was sweet ! He took the original 283 out , replaced with a 283 with some 327 parts , and changed gears to 4.56’s.. ...drove the piss out of her. He replaced everything as it should have been , looked NIB , so to speak. Not sure why to this day he didn’t sell it to me 😉
In between the 59 Vette and the titled 66 Vette , he bought a real deal 69 Z-28 pictured. He took the 302 out after a few passes and replaced it with a nice four bolt main Small block. Replaced the M-22 trans with a Glide , and went racing ...in his mid 70 ’s yr old !
He quit driving it , had everything taken out put back on , sold it 😖
I owned a bare bones 77 with a L-82 , Super T10 4 speed. First car my daughter ever rode in. Took her DL test in it 👍 Got speed and Chevys in our blood

Attachments

• AEB269F6-09F3-49EE-BF63-4E69F61AA6FB.jpeg
    AEB269F6-09F3-49EE-BF63-4E69F61AA6FB.jpeg
    409.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
My dump trailer paperwork says (suggests?) it will dump 6800lbs. I have been creeping up past that, it has monster axles and tires but the issue is “will it dump” what I put on it.

I had gotten up to about 8500 and was about at its (and my) limit with that. It towed well and dumped easily at that weight and I was carrying almost a ton more each trip.

The regular loader driver was out yesterday at the quarry and they had Juan (no really, his name is Juan) who is in my best estimation NOT a natural born loader driver...running the wheel loader.

Well ole Juan proceeded to put an entire bucket in my trailer...

I looked at my wife and I said “That dude just put a LOT of stone in this trailer. We get to the scales and 10,300lbs! I looked at the guy running the scales and he said “that’s a ‘little’ more than you usually haul...

I took the chance and sure enough the Big Tex (gotta love those Texans) dumped without issue. Over 5 tons of stone really doesn’t go very far spread on the ground LOL.

That's a well built trailer alright, electric hydraulics? What are you pulling it with?

At one stage in my earthmoving business I was running an old Mack Econoliner with a 40' tip-over-axle trailer to move stuff about.
To get through some serious downtime following the 87 market crash I got some work for the Mack pulling sawn timber on a borrowed flatbed trailer.

On my first load I picked up 39t of dry timber from a lumberyard north of Sydney on a trailer registered for 40t.
It started raining about 20 minutes after I left the yard and flogged down for the rest of the trip.
I hadn't bothered to check and sure enough, the borrowed trailer didn't have any tarps.

About 5hrs later, after crawling through Sydney traffic and traveling about 200km closer to my destination, I had to pull into a mandatory government weigh-bridge.

In those 5hrs that timber had soaked up 4.3t of that rain, putting me 3.3t overweight.
$3000 fine and I had to leave the trailer there. That was the start of a chain of embuggeration that lasted over a month before the customer got their timber and my mate got his trailer back.

The authorities that run the heavy vehicle inspection stations here are known by truckers as Mermaids, cunts with scales, they give you no leeway at all and will bust you for being 5mm overdimension.
I know that from a trip carrying a load of assorted cattle grids and slings of pipe.
I was pulled up at 2am by a roving unit of Mermaids.
One of them decided that one of the timbers between the pipe slings was protruding too far from the side of the load. I knew it was the legal 75mm because I had to beat hell out of it to get it there when I loaded it the previous afternoon.
This smartarse put a tape underneath the timber and held his torch over it and measured where the shadow fell and decided it was 80mm.

About 4 years ago, the mate whose trailer I borrowed asked me if I wanted to run one of his trucks for him Brisbane to Melbourne, it would have been a cream job, new Freightliner Argosy pulling palletised freight in B-double freezer trailers, but from all accounts the Mermaids have gotten worse, I don't need the grief.

• Wow
Reactions: Lawless
That's a well built trailer alright, electric hydraulics? What are you pulling it with?
Yeah, electric with an on board battery and it charges anytime the truck is running (it has an onboard A/C charger too with a covered male receptacle).

It has been one of the best things I have ever bought and there is no counting the yards of mulch I have put out with it for customers and the amount of junk it has hauled away from rentals that the tenants abandoned.

It is 7x12 on the inside and with the added 2x6 rail it has 30” sides.

I pull it with my 2002 Ford F250 7.3 turbodiesel.

From the day I bought it

581BCBC3-C5B7-4795-AEF1-D9839F0A6824.jpeg

Thanks for posting that Paul.
Maybe the Aussie can now clear you for hauling 10k and send you a "i know what I'm doing" sticker.

I'm sitting here thinking,
"Well hell, I guess hauling a 5th wheel is out of the question."

That damn F250 will pull hell off the hinges, and leave the devil at the gate.

About a month ago, I was at my SIL’s house for a cookout and she showed me a hole in her back porch roof. She asked me what caused it.

I told her it looked like a bullet hole. She looked confused and I explained that a bullet shot into the air on New Years Eve probably had come down through the roof.

She laughed that off and I told her to get some Henry’s elastomeric sealer to fill it, then I forgot about it.

She Facetimed me tonight, guess what she found when she moved the rug....the bullet had come through the roof, into the rug and dented the decking. Looks like a .45 I guess.

E0EA4BBE-0767-4B37-A2EB-1CBD34E0F3D0.jpeg

maybe a .38? Or a 9mm... Looks too far away from 0.5 inches to me. And I have these "youngster eyes" 😁
Suckers were still 20/10 last check. But I am the age they are gonna start to go

Now we need a pic with a caliper and a weight on a scale.....

Reactions: 2ndamendfan
So, I sit down and open this thread to show my kid some of the cute animal pictures.
so while I like animals, my LOVE response to any of those is at her request. She is a fan of the cute puppy and kitty pics for sure.

She is well aware of the Hide and all of daddy's shooting..... And enjoys getting to share a little part of it.
Thanks for a good thread I can share most of with my 9 year old!

maybe a .38? Or a 9mm... Looks too far away from 0.5 inches to me. And I have these "youngster eyes" 😁
Suckers were still 20/10 last check. But I am the age they are gonna start to go

I'm old and going blind, but I can read at least 7/16'' on that bullet.
Its a 45

Might could be.
I was trying to read and reply with a 9 yr old highly focused on me being on the receiving end of a wet willy.....

Upon further review it might just be.

And yes Mr Chikin. you is old. Blind I dont know. You still got those old timer glasses down at the end of yer nose?? ;)

Might could be.
I was trying to read and reply with a 9 yr old highly focused on me being on the receiving end of a wet willy.....

Upon further review it might just be.

And yes Mr Chikin. you is old. Blind I dont know. You still got those old timer glasses down at the end of yer nose?? ;)

ZomboMeme 24022021213925.jpg

perfect!! Just perfect.

When I need glasses, I am getting the grumpy old bastard glasses too!!!
Yes...yes you will, and soon I'd say. I had 20/10 as well...and then my 40s came....
I still have 20/20, my prescription corrects to 20/15...the reading bifocals is why they sit down on my nose. If I'm looking in the field for deer, they come up off my nose.
Itll probably start with latent farsightedness....mine did.

Reactions: powdahound76
My dad's hit at 46. Sucker went through like 8 lightbulbs in the light by his rocking chair he would read in.
When my mom noticed, she sent his butt to the eye Dr. Bifocals immediately.....

I work on a screen for work all day. I use filters, settings, dimmed down, dark backgrounds to ease eye strain. Tried those blue light glasses. Gave me a HA all the time.
I know a lady who wears em. I like em on her.
First typing I wrote "I like me on her."
I reckon both to be true...... ;)

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Yeah, electric with an on board battery and it charges anytime the truck is running (it has an onboard A/C charger too with a covered male receptacle).

It has been one of the best things I have ever bought and there is no counting the yards of mulch I have put out with it for customers and the amount of junk it has hauled away from rentals that the tenants abandoned.

It is 7x12 on the inside and with the added 2x6 rail it has 30” sides.

I pull it with my 2002 Ford F250 7.3 turbodiesel.

From the day I bought it

View attachment 7566057
Sweet.🍻

You have never really flown until you've been on a Russian Aeroflot aircraft. From St. Petersburg to Moscow in '98 I had to hold the seat back in front of me from falling on my lap, a foul-smelling smoke came out of the vents, and I swear I also smelled something like oil and burnt wiring. It was a short flight so I missed the opportunity to partake of the snack ot in-flight meal but the landing was fun.

Flew it from Helsinki to Moscow, 1988.....tough planes, landing on snow runways, Spartans call it Spartan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawless

I'm old and going blind, but I can read at least 7/16'' on that bullet.
Its a 45
Yep, I saw the 7/16 and said fotee fibe

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Unusual wiring in a sports complex in Samoa:

NEr1ACr.jpg

veUXizF.jpg

It had a photocopier plugged into it.
Having been in South America a few times I have seen some shiz. I stayed in the nicest hotel in Alausi Ecuador and it had a piece of romex with bare copper hanging above the shower head, true story.

Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man: no time to talk
Music loud and women warm
I've been kicked around since I was born
And now it's all right, it's okay
And you may look the other way......

Yes...yes you will, and soon I'd say. I had 20/10 as well...and then my 40s came....
I still have 20/20, my prescription corrects to 20/15...the reading bifocals is why they sit down on my nose. If I'm looking in the field for deer, they come up off my nose.
Itll probably start with latent farsightedness....mine did.
I have to use my readers under my helmet to weld for about the last year 🤠