• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Something to consider the next time you take a quiet stroll in the jungles of the Sub-Continent.
A9F03D1C-41F6-42B3-84C5-85F835D71A18.png

Okay, mostly venting, but hope this will motivate us...in an angry way.

Just learned my son and his wife bought (after) Christmas gifts for a little boy my grandson plays with. Apparently, on Christmas day my GS invited "Jimmy" over to ride the dirtbike Santa brought. Kids being kids, GS asked asks Jimmy what he got for Christmas. "Nothing." `

When he later told his parents, they went shopping Sunday. They left gifts at the front door while the family was out so no one knew the source. I remember meeting the kid at my GS's last birthday party. Polite little guy, very quiet and dressed in rags. I asked my son and he said the parents were basically walking wastes of protoplasm.

I told my wife I wished she hadn't told me as I will be pissed all day. How do you have nothing for your child? I'm confident they never run out of cigarettes. One month of cigarette money would buy an eight-year-old a decent Christmas. A year's worth would properly cloth and feed him. The parents could have gone to almost any church and gotten help...but that would require effort on the part of the sperm donor and recipient.

As I type this, I'm watching my 16-month-old granddaughter run amok around all the toys she received. This child will most likely never want for anything and I have made it my mission to make certain she knows how fortunate she is and how unfortunate some kids are. Also, she will know toys are not what CHRISTmas is about. She gets that at home and reinforced here.

My wife and I have always supported Christmas programs directed at kids, but we're going to double down and continue though the year. We're contacting schools to find how to get clothes and essentials to kids in need. What we will not do is donate cash that could get to the parents.

<rant off, carry on>

Here in the ATL, we have a radio celeb (Clark Howard) who has organized a Christmas Kids program for decades, to benefit all the foster kids who's guardians can't afford to give them much for Christmas.

You go to WalMart - he goes to several around town on Fridays in the weeks leading up to Christmas - and browse thru a file folder with sheets the kids have filled out with stuff they would like. All ages, all kinds of stuff from bikes to video games to toys. Choose what you want to spend and pick one out, buy it, take it along with the receipt over to his booth, where a team of volunteers bag and label it so it reaches the right kid.

One of the most rewarding things I've done in my life. Back when times were good, I'd let my daughter choose one of her own as well so we'd buy for two kids.

Here in the ATL, we have a radio celeb (Clark Howard) who has organized a Christmas Kids program for decades, to benefit all the foster kids who's guardians can't afford to give them much for Christmas.

You go to WalMart - he goes to several around town on Fridays in the weeks leading up to Christmas - and browse thru a file folder with sheets the kids have filled out with stuff they would like. All ages, all kinds of stuff from bikes to video games to toys. Choose what you want to spend and pick one out, buy it, take it along with the receipt over to his booth, where a team of volunteers bag and label it so it reaches the right kid.

One of the most rewarding things I've done in my life. Back when times were good, I'd let my daughter choose one of her own as well so we'd buy for two kids.

<rant back on>

We've always done the Christmas Tree Angel thing at church. Pretty much what you described. This is why I cannot fathom how a parent has NOTHING for their child on Christmas morning. I've heard my mom and dad talk about Christmas during the depression when they were grateful to get fruit or maybe a handmade gift from granddad...but THIS AIN'T THE DEPRESSION.

<rant off, as you were>

Reactions: sea2summit
I was a recipient of church-given gifts, as my mom was forced to raise four kids alone after my dad left. It was a fantastic Christmas, both for we kids and my mother. We're huge in giving to orphan children organizations and single mother needs. Please GIVE TO KIDS when you can.

Last edited:
We would sponsor a class at the local headstart. The teachers would get a list of needs and wants for every child. A friend would dress up as Santa and we had a party for the children while Santa handed out gifts. One little boy opened his gift and ran to Santa shouting that only Santa knew that he wanted cowboy boots. He said that he prayed for Santa to get his letter.
A parent complained about the school promoting a religious holiday and being govt funded it was against the Constitution. The next year it was not allowed.
Some people should be... Well you know

There's always one guy who comes up with the Fart Jokes.:giggle:
I mean.

Then there is this.

Anyone have that link for the video of the guy they show setting up for shot using every gizmo out there then taking the shot and it barley hits paper and they zoom out and the targets like 10' in front of him? I searched high and low on YT and couldn't find anything even close.

I love the heat. The only time I want it to be cold is during hunting season and then bring on the heat. I'd take a 100 degree day over a 30 degree day any time
Had to run the air here in the Lowcountry last night. Be careful what you wish for. :)
My daughter is in Bismarck ND and it was -18 this morning there. Keep that shit above the Mason Dix line thank you very much.

I love the heat. The only time I want it to be cold is during hunting season and then bring on the heat. I'd take a 100 degree day over a 30 degree day any time

My daughter is in Bismarck ND and it was -18 this morning there. Keep that shit above the Mason Dix line thank you very much.

Still deer season here. HATE the heat during hunting or camping season, as we have homicidal mosquitoes, and the game is pest free when it's cold. Next three months are the best here for camping, hunting, and dirt bike riding.

STS1/SSDV

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC