• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Even if you are neutropenic you dont need a mask in a car alone…..

I mean, unless the CDC changed guidance.
Cause I TOTALLY believe them….. 😁

And yes, I have to actually know this stuff.
As a keyboard commando it is in my job description.
I mean, I wear a condom all the time to keep from getting a STD.
Could just happen
Even alone in my truck.
With my clothes on.
Its just good logic and good Boy Scout preparedness.
I guess I'm getting old and like to give people the benefit of the doubt. However on the other hand I still drive around with a couple of knives handguns and a shotgun.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt as well, but have you tried to simply smile and say hello to these people? They bow their head and turn away like if you look at them they might croak right there. Scary weird.

Reactions: powdahound76
Taken from the pier at Cape Charles
20220725_052810.jpg

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt as well, but have you tried to simply smile and say hello to these people? They bow their head and turn away like if you look at them they might croak right there. Scary weird.

Yep. Went to a climbing class. Nobody under 30 had outside communication skills. They looked at me like "What is this physical object with sound coming out of the hole in the top?" Couldn't understand nuance in conversation. Was an eye-opener, since those there who were of conversational age prior to 1996 didn't suffer from even a hint of that problem. Like I was talking to people who spoke a different language and couldn't engage in a simple, polite, conversation. Wide eyed, stupefied, fearful, especially the cuck males. No wonder so many modern women don't want anything to do with the so-called "men" of their generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emerson0311
There is also a 1/8 scale on the back.

It may be used for other things, but I have a modern version that is used for Blueprint / plans takeoff and estimating just like Lawless mentioned. It sits in a drawer with my triangle scales that I dont use much anymore. Software has replaced their need most of the time, but once in a while they are needed in a pinch or out on the road.

Paid to do that on Loos Key except they were reef sharks.

The Goliath grouper looking for shade under the boat scared me more.

Come on, the goliath grouper are big puppy dogs. 😉

Screenshot_2017-05-21-18-57-42.jpeg

I made the mistake of dropping into the water right next to him. He tried a quick escape and honestly, if that big assed tail had hit me, he would have busted me up against the boat.
^^^^^^^ that guy was right at 400lbs.

This one below was caught by Rebecca about 30 minutes earlier. Almost 7-1/2' long and right at 600lbs. It dwarfed the size of the one I caught.

20170521_103045.jpg

View attachment 7934627
I made the mistake of dropping into the water right next to him. He tried a quick escape and honestly, if that big assed tail had hit me, he would have busted me up against the boat.

This one below was caught by Rebecca about 30 minutes earlier. Almost 7-1/2' long and right at 600lbs. It dwarfed the size of the one I caught.

View attachment 7934628
The ones under the boat looked like fish 2.

If they had of taken in a deep breath one of my kids would have been gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Lawless
JoCo ain’t the same boys. I was there this weekend for my FIL’s Bday pig pickin’ and the amount of farmland and woods turned into subdivisions has “rurnt” it.

Where I’m at now is like JoCo was 40 years ago, friendly, rural and local government that understands its role.

68CC33EE-B988-4106-BEC4-13532C0CD96F.jpeg

The ones under the boat looked like fish 2.

If they had of taken in a deep breath one of my kids would have been gone.

The power they have is amazing. The pectoral fins on mine were bigger than my noggin.
The tail is unbelievably wide when they flare it out to move forward.

When you hook up to them it feels like you snagged a moving 3/4 ton truck.

The first one I ever hooked into took off away from the structure. We got about 150-ish yards away and settled in for a second. I told my buddy I thought it might go 200lbs.

He laughed.

The fish laughed.
Then it rocketed back towards the structure. All I could do was to hold the rod as it stripped line.
It took the 150 yards of 100lb test, the ten yards of 200lb leader and snapped it off like it was a toothpick.

I still think to this day that the fish asked his buddies who was holding his beer...

The next week we were back out there with a 5.0 reel, 300lb line and wire leader with a doubled up shock leader.

They still had the power to break that shit off on structure.

They are very docile and actually curious with respect to divers.

They really don't like hooks in their lips.

This is a real picture of my son's rugby team playing in Northern Viriginia under the approach to Reagan National Airport.

IMG_3868.JPG

Reactions: MJF
See them all the time on the Susquehanna river below Conowingo dam, there are at least two nesting pairs.View attachment 7934926

We make the trip to the Susquehanna River a couple of times each year. Reason? My wife loves Bald Eagles and I like taking pictures. We usually go right below the dam. The eagles like the trees on each side of the river and the power lines that go across the river. They are amazing to see when they splay out their wings to come in for a fish. They barely get their feet wet, just enough to grab the fish and then fly off.

Reactions: Cowpokey
We make the trip to the Susquehanna River a couple of times each year. Reason? My wife loves Bald Eagles and I like taking pictures. We usually go right below the dam. The eagles like the trees on each side of the river and the power lines that go across the river. They are amazing to see when they splay out their wings to come in for a fish. They barely get their feet wet, just enough to grab the fish and then fly off.
I've seen them pick up quite a few fish doing exactly that. Never have my phone out to get a picture...I'm too busy fishing.

I've seen them pick up quite a few fish doing exactly that. Never have my phone out to get a picture...I'm too busy fishing.
I live overlooking the Kiskiminetas River and we've got 2 nesting pairs just upriver from us. I get to see them on a weekly basis pretty much.

Have a camp near Tionesta and see em all the time up there too. Awesome birds to see! We get the occasional Golden eagle as well

I live overlooking the Kiskiminetas River and we've got 2 nesting pairs just upriver from us. I get to see them on a weekly basis pretty much.

Have a camp near Tionesta and see em all the time up there too. Awesome birds to see! We get the occasional Golden eagle as well
We had more Golden Eagles than you could swing a dead cat at growing up in South Dakota...they were everywhere, but that was 30+ years ago now, not sure what the population is now.

Reactions: Hookturnr

We take an SLR camera with a large lens when we go. There are people there at the visitor center with $5-$8K lenses and they are there every weekend. The wife loves to do this, but I like going to Gloucester MA and whale watching. It's convenient. Drive to BWI airport, land in Boston 55 minutes later, get a rental car and drive to Gloucester, stay in the same hotel every time. Catch a ride on the same boat (7 Seas Whale Watching). Great folks too. There was a time we would do this for a day trip. Catch the early flight, drive to Gloucester, get on the boat for the after cruise and reverse the process and be home before 11pm.

IMG_1846.JPG

View attachment 7934627

View attachment 7934628

Maybe we were lucky on Loos Key

This is a real picture of my son's rugby team playing in Northern Viriginia under the approach to Reagan National Airport.

View attachment 7934927

The Marine House in Geneva, HE was on the approach to the airport. We had a big field beside the house and I would see that daily.

They were so low seconds after passing you could here the air “vortex” after their passing.

I could usually sleep through the 0700 arrival.

We take an SLR camera with a large lens when we go. There are people there at the visitor center with $5-$8K lenses and they are there every weekend. The wife loves to do this, but I like going to Gloucester MA and whale watching. It's convenient. Drive to BWI airport, land in Boston 55 minutes later, get a rental car and drive to Gloucester, stay in the same hotel every time. Catch a ride on the same boat (7 Seas Whale Watching). Great folks too. There was a time we would do this for a day trip. Catch the early flight, drive to Gloucester, get on the boat for the after cruise and reverse the process and be home before 11pm.

View attachment 7934988

Leviathans at our Chatham Ma vacation stay…..

image.jpg

Maybe we were lucky on Loos Key

The stupid thing about me getting into the water wasn't the goliath.
The possibility of a very large bulk shark coming in because of the struggling fish was nearly certain.

I can't tell you how many times the man in the brown suit has taken grouper from us. They've even tried to take them while unhooking with the tail still in the water.

It's scary as fuck.

It never occurred to me how dangerous it was that day until I climbed back into the boat.

I've been a lot more cautious since then.

Then there was this trip tarpon fishing in Boca Grande back in April 2020.

Jim had hooked his third fish of the day and that's when we encountered the trio.
One was >10', and the other two were 8-9'.

The big one had grabbed at this guy but didn't get a good hold on him.
Notice the immediate bruising.
Got him landed without any other issues, so the immediate need was pics and release.
20200422_194428.jpg

I took three more pics after this one and stood up to go around the console to help Jim unhook the fish.
I was putting my phone in my pocket and had reached for the grab rail as I passed by the controls.

That big motherfucker rammed the boat in his attempt to grab the tarpon again. If I hadn't been reaching for the rail, I would have been knocked into the water on the starboard side. Jim let go of the fish and popped up quicker than I've ever seen a human move.

Big boy missed again and the tarpon went out past the bow of the boat only to meet up with the smaller pair. 10 seconds later, they corralled the tarpon between the motor and the stern.
That was the end of it. Nothing but blood and fish parts.
It took quite a while for our heart rates to settle back down.
Some of the other boats around us stopped by to see if everything was okay because they had seen what the bull sharks did.

All I can say is,
Thank God for grab rails...

The stupid thing about me getting into the water wasn't the goliath.
The possibility of a very large bulk shark coming in because of the struggling fish was nearly certain.

I can't tell you how many times the man in the brown suit has taken grouper from us. They've even tried to take them while unhooking with the tail still in the water.

It's scary as fuck.

It never occurred to me how dangerous it was that day until I climbed back into the boat.

I've been a lot more cautious since then.

Then there was this trip tarpon fishing in Boca Grande back in April 2020.

Jim had hooked his third fish of the day and that's when we encountered the trio.
One was >10', and the other two were 8-9'.

The big one had grabbed at this guy but didn't get a good hold on him.
Notice the immediate bruising.
Got him landed without any other issues, so the immediate need was pics and release.
View attachment 7935265

I took three more pics after this one and stood up to go around the console to help Jim unhook the fish.
I was putting my phone in my pocket and had reached for the grab rail as I passed by the controls.

That big motherfucker rammed the boat in his attempt to grab the tarpon again. If I hadn't been reaching for the rail, I would have been knocked into the water on the starboard side. Jim let go of the fish and popped up quicker than I've ever seen a human move.

Big boy missed again and the tarpon went out past the bow of the boat only to meet up with the smaller pair. 10 seconds later, they corralled the tarpon between the motor and the stern.
That was the end of it. Nothing but blood and fish parts.
It took quite a while for our heart rates to settle back down.
Some of the other boats around us stopped by to see if everything was okay because they had seen what the bull sharks did.

All I can say is,
Thank God for grab rails...

Very good story and well said.

My civilian dive instructor was fishing with spear guns with his buddy off the California coast during a very warm spell as a young man. They got some good catches and thought nothing about the struggling fish on their belts. He lost track of his buddy in the kelp forest for a bit and went looking for him. A great white had his buddy pinned on the sea floor. This was part of his lecture about how sharks don’t give a crap and even if you don’t send a lot of time turtlebacking they will go into the kelp forest and find you if they want you. Hiding in the rocks won’t work.

I’ve got a question. Can’t you just shoot the sharks? When I crewed fishing boats commercially in the late 80s we would be aggressive towards sea lions and sharks that interfered with us.

Very good story and well said.

My civilian dive instructor was fishing with spear guns with his buddy off the California coast during a very warm spell as a young man. They got some good catches and thought nothing about the struggling fish on their belts. He lost track of his buddy in the kelp forest for a bit and went looking for him. A great white had his buddy pinned on the sea floor. This was part of his lecture about how sharks don’t give a crap and even if you don’t send a lot of time turtlebacking they will go into the kelp forest and find you if they want you. Hiding in the rocks won’t work.

I’ve got a question. Can’t you just shoot the sharks? When I crewed fishing boats commercially in the late 80s we would be aggressive towards sea lions and sharks that interfered with us.
If your crew shot sea lions or seals you were violating Federal Law, MMPA 1972 and in serious trouble, if caught. I crewed on fishing boats and they were a PIA.

That kind of treatment of sharks ended decades ago.
In Florida and much of the Gulf and Atlantic, sharks are a game species now with very strict regulations on size limits, method of take and even specific handling requirements.

Here's a couple of screen shots:
20220816_124704.jpg

Screenshot_20220816-124305_Chrome.jpg

I bear no ill feelings towards them or the goliath that constantly steal catches.

I love and totally respect watching nature do its thing.

Is it aggravating to lose a dozen keeper sized grouper or snapper in a day? Absolutely it is, but sharks and goliath gotta eat too. They are opportunistic feeders just like most fish.
Example:
This small gag grouper was eaten right as the fish was being lifted from the water.
Note the bite radius...
20200403_123355.jpg

A couple of years ago I watched a guy hook into and fight a tarpon that easily broke the 200lb barrier. We stayed about 150 yards out (fishing is crowded and normal distance etiquette is different down here)
so we wouldn't be in the way during the fight. When he got it near the boat an extremely large hammerhead breached the surface with the tarpon in its mouth.
That was it. Over and done with. Blood was everywhere and the tarpon was gone. The hammerhead was big enough to consume the entire tarpon in its own.

It's a daily occurrence at Boca Grande and also along the north tip of Anna Maria Island at the mouth of Tampa bay.

BTW, if the FWC caught someone shooting at sharks, they would spend plenty of time in jail.

Just go to ewetoob and watch the idiots that dragged a shark behind their boat at 50mph. AFAIK, they are still in jail.

You can shoot sharks, while diving, that is legal in CA. Sharks are very sensitive about damage to their nose. If I was in the water and had a problem with a shark getting too close, I would try to hit or cut the nose. Next choice I would spear it through the gills. Last choice, if I had a sharp knife, is if it made a pass at me I would try and slit it's belly as it passed.