• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

0BB2B8A0-BE97-4FFF-AB2D-26C29157391A.jpeg

This guy didn't get the message......merde

I don't swim in fresh water down here.

This is why:
Less than two hours hunting netted this group.

20210820_234328.jpg

Mine was 10'6" and not the biggest.
20210821_000448.jpg

The one in the bottom of this pic was only 10'7" but much heavier than mine.
20210821_000509(0).jpg

I want one of these now. I wonder if @sirhrmechanic has one?

I have a hit and miss pending restoration... if I had a saw like that... It would be 'under restoration!!!'

Damn America was such an awesome place before OSHA and liberals came along and fucked it up. Back then, you either knew your stuff or you died. Or became 'stumpy' and then died of sepsis.

It was better for everyone back then!

Sirhr

I have a hit and miss pending restoration... if I had a saw like that... It would be 'under restoration!!!'

Damn America was such an awesome place before OSHA and liberals came along and fucked it up. Back then, you either knew your stuff or you died. Or became 'stumpy' and then died of sepsis.

It was better for everyone back then!

Sirhr
How about one of the old lathes or mills that they had in the factories in the 1800s? One of the ones they powered with the belt coming down from the ceiling. Think it could power on of those?

OK razor peeps, I found something special. An early 1900s Golf brand bakelite slant razor in unused condition. I scored it from eBay Germany and it is enroute. This was made in Solingen Germany and is the razor head design the Fine brand slant razors were patterned after.

8C1BEAF6-0CD5-4B8E-978E-A0654CABFCB9.jpeg
C7799F17-D85F-49B7-9E6A-71A734A46334.jpeg
B3F2F88A-E5A2-47CA-9844-0E1A7696E206.jpeg
D3EA6AC4-6B4B-4A41-88C5-4942ED19391B.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 260284 and RudyN
How about one of the old lathes or mills that they had in the factories in the 1800s? One of the ones they powered with the belt coming down from the ceiling. Think it could power on of those?
It's all about flywheel size and... yes. Sawmills to butter churns to big threshers... hit and miss motors kept big flywheels spinning and could do damn near anything!

It's a whole collecting genre until itself. So many cool engines out there. And restored ones are cheap, because noone is collecting them any more. They're all dying off.

Cheers,

Sirhr

It's all about flywheel size and... yes. Sawmills to butter churns to big threshers... hit and miss motors kept big flywheels spinning and could do damn near anything!

It's a whole collecting genre until itself. So many cool engines out there. And restored ones are cheap, because noone is collecting them any more. They're all dying off.

Cheers,

Sirhr
Yours specifically or just in general? It would be pretty neat to have one powering one of those old metalworking machines and use it to build a rifle or make gun parts.

I'd like to have on powering a small saw mill but I don't have much use for making lumber... yet.