• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

img_1_1667305985814-2583808.jpg
Looks more like Hillary Clinton dressed her. Commie outfit of some sorts?

What is the carbon foot print of making that battery pack... and truck... etc.

Ah h ah ahhaa...

Sirhr

Oddly enough they never do go into that, but on the "gas" side, you bet they follow it through the entire life cycle, from finding the place to drill to capping it off. But in the electric world, nope it is all "clean"....could not be farther from the truth.

Look I have no issue on what you want to move your car with, gas, electric, unicorn farts......I don't care. However if you do start to have that smug I am better then you bullshit....well get ready you planet saving puke you are not going to like what I say, and I hate to tell you this it is all true.

Reactions: tomcatmv
Oddly enough they never do go into that, but on the "gas" side, you bet they follow it through the entire life cycle, from finding the place to drill to capping it off. But in the electric world, nope it is all "clean"....could not be farther from the truth.

Look I have no issue on what you want to move your car with, gas, electric, unicorn farts......I don't care. However if you do start to have that smug I am better then you bullshit....well get ready you planet saving puke you are not going to like what I say, and I hate to tell you this it is all true.
^^^ This.

Actually, electric cars make a lot of sense in congested cities. So why aren't New York Taxi's and police cars All electric? Simple... Economics dictate that they are on the road 24 x 7... three shifts a day. And they don't have places to charge them. Because 'real estate' for parked cars is at a premium. So gasoline is energy that is compact and fast. And keeps the fleet moving. So once again, no electric fashion statement even where it makes 'sense' from a range/speed, etc. point of view. Add in the up-front cost, the fire risk, the 'cold weather' problems... and once again, electric vehicles are a fashion statement for rich greens who want to virtue signal to each other that they care about the planet.

When the fact is their impact is FAR worse... But being trendy has its cost. You know, like poor African kids working in mines, chopped up Eagles, solar panels polluting every inch of landscape, coal plants, Massive use of complex hydrocarbons to make plastics used in everything from solar cells to lightweight plastic body shells for cars...

Yup.... drive a green car! Just don't expect anyone to believe you are anything but a virtue-signalling, attention-seeking little twat with money to burn. Which, btw, would release less carbon than mining yoru batteries.

Sirhr

^^^ This.

Actually, electric cars make a lot of sense in congested cities. So why aren't New York Taxi's and police cars All electric? Simple... Economics dictate that they are on the road 24 x 7... three shifts a day. And they don't have places to charge them. Because 'real estate' for parked cars is at a premium. So gasoline is energy that is compact and fast. And keeps the fleet moving. So once again, no electric fashion statement even where it makes 'sense' from a range/speed, etc. point of view. Add in the up-front cost, the fire risk, the 'cold weather' problems... and once again, electric vehicles are a fashion statement for rich greens who want to virtue signal to each other that they care about the planet.

When the fact is their impact is FAR worse... But being trendy has its cost. You know, like poor African kids working in mines, chopped up Eagles, solar panels polluting every inch of landscape, coal plants, Massive use of complex hydrocarbons to make plastics used in everything from solar cells to lightweight plastic body shells for cars...

Yup.... drive a green car! Just don't expect anyone to believe you are anything but a virtue-signalling, attention-seeking little twat with money to burn. Which, btw, would release less carbon than mining yoru batteries.

Sirhr
Where does the electricity come from to charge these cars?

If it's not hydro, wind or solar, where exactly is the advantage?

^^^ This.

Sirhr

I watched a Jordan Peterson video, and I really think he has it. I like a lot of what he says.

But to this end, and really all the "green" BS he said something to the effect, it is not that you love the planet, it is that you hate humanity.

Reactions: Rich4
Where does the electricity come from to charge these cars?

If it's not hydro, wind or solar, where exactly is the advantage?

Did you see the story out of Germany......they are tearing down windmills because they are sitting on top of coal. I find that just funny as hell.

And the have "activists" all up in arms, and protesting.

My solution, get the address of all of them, and if their power does not come from renewables cut it off. You "say" you have a blood clot in the hand you glued to the floor, and you must leave.....oh really....do tell. Sorry pal I am sure we can come up with something to watch your "health" while you have glued an appendage to the floor. Let them see the full results of their stupid actions.

Reactions: jrassy
Did you see the story out of Germany......they are tearing down windmills because they are sitting on top of coal. I find that just funny as hell.

And the have "activists" all up in arms, and protesting.

My solution, get the address of all of them, and if their power does not come from renewables cut it off. You "say" you have a blood clot in the hand you glued to the floor, and you must leave.....oh really....do tell. Sorry pal I am sure we can come up with something to watch your "health" while you have glued an appendage to the floor. Let them see the full results of their stupid actions.
All they have to do is bring in a Skil Saw and as soon as the blade hits the wrist, I guarantee the glue will come loose… if not, problem solved and the next activist will come up with a different plan.

Will be easy to play “spot the greenie.” They’ll be the ones with stumps.

Stop fucking around with these people. No matter what you give them they will demand more or something else. They are mentally ill. Make them mentally Ill and eating with a spoon held in a hook… and they will stop the shit fast.

Sirhr

eagle.jpg

^^^ If this was a Condor, it would be front page news. But the left could care less about Bald Eagles any more. Sorry Rachel Carson... your Commie friendes have a new cause now.

Sirhr

PS. Actually, I have a lot of respect for Rachel Carson. But like most visionaries... her vision got hijacked for political reasons. That said, without her, we probably would not have Eagles, Hawks... raptors of any kind. She did good. What was bad is what people did with her good...

View attachment 7989361

^^^ If this was a Condor, it would be front page news. But the left could care less about Bald Eagles any more. Sorry Rachel Carson... your Commie friendes have a new cause now.

Sirhr

PS. Actually, I have a lot of respect for Rachel Carson. But like most visionaries... her vision got hijacked for political reasons. That said, without her, we probably would not have Eagles, Hawks... raptors of any kind. She did good. What was bad is what people did with her good...

This guy I really liked. And at one time I supported greenpeace. It was about animals, and I admit I have a thing for animals.

1667395384076.png

Then the "activists" took over and it became all political, and he left the thing he founded.

Listen to the first 10 minutes of this video, that is all you need to listen to. It shows really how people that have zero clue as to what they are talking about are pushing agendas.

There is a better video, I just can't find it. I had to type in the entire title of the book with the authors name to pull this one up. Talk about hiding the "inconvenient truths"

Been busy being PaPa to Wyatt. He is 18 months old now and pretty much has me wrapped around his finger. My daughter made him a tornado costume for Halloween. Then she dressed him in boots and jeans for a more mobile costume.
FF8849D6-0C33-4E53-A78A-AF708EBDB334.jpeg
5CF98F2F-D5D3-4BF5-952E-470F5E787349.jpeg
FCB523D1-ABD9-483C-8FE2-30DB5AD30D38.jpeg
E02BA8F1-3DF6-45E7-9171-0B71301E8197.jpeg
ADE91840-6D37-45B3-9792-884016B67D9F.jpeg
4C022E6F-FD4C-4F28-84FA-3F44564C5B15.jpeg
E8B5780F-37D1-4A16-9D3D-FAA1CD974972.jpeg
47EC8B3E-605F-442B-8A59-800F6C5900CB.jpeg
BFE6794C-9FA5-4DEC-B632-DB39B824B36C.jpeg
2E78BBC4-96AF-4730-9F49-DE4EF3022BD7.jpeg

Last edited:
^^^ This.

Sirhr
Dang, the solution is simple. The electric vehicles need fast change batteries like hand tools. Drive up, 15 minute battery swap and rolling again.

Reactions: Fig
Dang, the solution is simple. The electric vehicles need fast change batteries like hand tools. Drive up, 15 minute battery swap and rolling again.
How do you make sure that enough "replacement" battery packs are in the right place at the right time. Unpossible.

Sorry, we're out of battery packs, we expect more to come in next Thursday... There's a Holiday Inn Express down the road about a mile.

How do you make sure that enough "replacement" battery packs are in the right place at the right time. Unpossible.

Sorry, we're out of battery packs, we expect more to come in next Thursday... There's a Holiday Inn Express down the road about a mile.
How are you shipping those battery packs? By electric trolleys?

Agreed. At $20k a battery pack (ok, cut that 20 percent for high volume production) now you need three packs per car. You just added $36 k to the price of your police car. Plus the charging infrastructure. $36k is what NYC pays for each stripped police Impala thing.

Think the city council is going for that? Or the taxpayers. Nope

Sirhr

Reactions: Ltcg and BLEE

This is for the fleet vehicles. This is for the fleet owners to figure out. I'd think you could calculate your expected usage for the fleet, in service and prepare accordingly, just like carpenters do with battery powered tools. They have chargers and batteries to last for expected use and duration. Simple, but mighty expensive.

Agreed. At $20k a battery pack (ok, cut that 20 percent for high volume production) now you need three packs per car. You just added $36 k to the price of your police car. Plus the charging infrastructure. $36k is what NYC pays for each stripped police Impala thing.

Think the city council is going for that? Or the taxpayers. Nope

Sirhr
I never agreed that electric vehicles are practical, for any purpose. Lol

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
I never agreed that electric vehicles are practical, for any purpose. Lol
Being a fashion statement is practical. For some people. Who live their lives needing to be fashion statements.

As far as having any utility value there ain’t much. Maybe people on golf carts driving around Nantucket.

Cheers

Reactions: BLEE

Ignore the computerized unintelligible audio on this one - but this video is a 25meter Sunseeker Yacht (Fiberglass hull) in Hamilton Island Queensland. Captain was on board in shower but chef who was reboarding got him out. Cause of fire upon investigation: Dyson Cordless Vacuum. (Yacht value 6-8M depending on year).

• Wow
Reactions: gigamortis
When you're not content to just be a paraplegic:

Was sitting in my truck one day after a climb in the mountains. Heard a loud wham and then the truck shook. Got out and found a guy and his skateboard wedged under the truck. He had two fractured legs but was lucid and stable. I took him to the local ER.

A year later I found him and a buddy thumbs out on another descent with burned out brakes on their rollerblades.

His buddy was a world class hang glider and base jumper. His stories were outrageous.

Both were phenomenal athletes and I took them climbing for the first time. They both became 5.12 climbers in two years.

Reactions: jrassy