• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Yeager's final test flight in the move "The Right Stuff" is not clearly depicted. The movie frames it as unauthorized flight of his ego. Just to see how high he could take the jet, since he was passed over in the astronaut program. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised at the inaccuracies...

Here's much better depiction of the test flight, complete with the hydrogen peroxide rocket engine and thrust maneuvering jets that were intended to control the jet above 100,000 feet.

Here's a link to a very detailed account of the flight and the burns/injuries that Yeager endured after the ejection:
The True Story Behind the Famous Sequence of The Right Stuff Movie featuring Chuck Yeager’s NF-104 Ejection

If you're not familiar with the DCS and you like realistic combat flight simulators, you should check out the DCS videos that you can find on YouTube...

CF0D8A54-3D09-4897-83F1-028471CAFD2A.jpeg

Yeah… I tried to get into law school, but they ejected me after my first answer-
You see, I thought No Lo Contendre was that Mexican bantamweight from Los Angeles….

Reactions: Lawless
I was in the hospital for a while. I was pretty well banged up.

The only thing that I could remember when I regained consciousness in the hospital was walking through a crowded nightclub.

There was really loud music and everyone was having a good time dancing.

I passed by a really big fat lady dancing on a table. She had a dress on that could have doubled for an Army wall tent. She was swishing her dress around and kicking her legs up in the air like she was a can-can girl.

As I passed the table, I turned around and shouted, "nice legs" above the noise.

She replied, "do you really think so?"

I said, "yes, most tables would have collapsed by now!"

Yeager's final test flight in the move "The Right Stuff" is not clearly depicted. The movie frames it as unauthorized flight of his ego. Just to see how high he could take the jet, since he was passed over in the astronaut program. I guess that I shouldn't be surprised at the inaccuracies...

Here's much better depiction of the test flight, complete with the hydrogen peroxide rocket engine and thrust maneuvering jets that were intended to control the jet above 100,000 feet.

Here's a link to a very detailed account of the flight and the burns/injuries that Yeager endured after the ejection:
The True Story Behind the Famous Sequence of The Right Stuff Movie featuring Chuck Yeager’s NF-104 Ejection

If you're not familiar with the DCS and you like realistic combat flight simulators, you should check out the DCS videos that you can find on YouTube...

Still one of the best movies ever made!

Cheers,

Sirhr

He did not have a collage degree because his family was to poor. They couldn’t afford to send him to collage so no astronaut program for him.

• Sad
Reactions: babyguppy and Ichi
He did not have a collage degree because his family was to poor. They couldn’t afford to send him to collage so no astronaut program for him.
They must have had different "education" standards back then, he made BG. Now-a-days it takes a Master's Degree to make Col.

Just like under Carter... when the leadership goes tits-up, the force goes hollow.

Late '70's there were places on ships officers dare not go... and in places like Bragg, the drug culture made Haight-Ashbury look like an AA meeting.

Gee... you think that's what Potato wants? Methinks Me Not Wrong....

Sirhr

You are not wrong, the biggest danger to him is a good military.

I was at my bosses house for a MANDATORY team building deal.....on a weekend. To say I was not real happy would be an understatement. He has two carpet climbers that are running around the house like crazy people, one is carrying a toy gun with a wood stock. Just like out of a cartoon he has the rifle sideways across his chest and tries to go through a door way. Stopped right there and on his ass.

I was laughing so hard it hurt, everyone else was ohh the poor baby.....it is not a baby it is like 7yrs old.

It was at this time I knew I was not going to fit in here at all.

It was right out of a cartoon, he bent in the middle, arms ahead, legs ahead, and folded around that rifle like paper, that was so darn funny.

Poverty that most of the US can’t understand

View attachment 8019067View attachment 8019075View attachment 8019076View attachment 8019077View attachment 8019079

This is a group of “shoeshine boys”. They leave their home in the mountains as early as 10 years old and go to a city where they are “taken in” by a leader who loans them what they need to work. They are basically homeless and are used to make the leader relatively wealthy.

View attachment 8019078

Have you ever watched the Indigo Traveller? His videos are quite interesting.....and actually not sure how he is still alive.

Another fairly interesting one, not so much going to "hell holes" but just general travel is Itchy Boots, this is a lone female riding a motorcycle ALONE across some pretty horrid places. I would go back to her first one and start there where she rides from India, up through the Mid east, including Iraq, up into and through Russia and many of the 'stans. Into europe. Her last one is from the the tip of south america to the tip of north america......

some interesting stuff.

Reactions: Lawless
I was at my bosses house for a MANDATORY team building deal.....on a weekend. To say I was not real happy would be an understatement. He has two carpet climbers that are running around the house like crazy people, one is carrying a toy gun with a wood stock. Just like out of a cartoon he has the rifle sideways across his chest and tries to go through a door way. Stopped right there and on his ass.

I was laughing so hard it hurt, everyone else was ohh the poor baby.....it is not a baby it is like 7yrs old.

It was at this time I knew I was not going to fit in here at all.

It was right out of a cartoon, he bent in the middle, arms ahead, legs ahead, and folded around that rifle like paper, that was so darn funny.
Your boss breeds chaos.

Have you ever watched the Indigo Traveller? His videos are quite interesting.....and actually not sure how he is still alive.

Another fairly interesting one, not so much going to "hell holes" but just general travel is Itchy Boots, this is a lone female riding a motorcycle ALONE across some pretty horrid places. I would go back to her first one and start there where she rides from India, up through the Mid east, including Iraq, up into and through Russia and many of the 'stans. Into europe. Her last one is from the the tip of south america to the tip of north america......

some interesting stuff.

Don’t forget kidofspeed. She rode through Chernobyl. And the stuntwoman who street races Hayabusas..