• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

I know it's a joke. I get the joke. My question is: Is it an actual photo of a real product that has been memed into a joke and what is the actual product/device used for? Ice on props is a very real problem. And based on the apparent age of the photo, I wondered if it was something used to combat ice on a prop prior to flight. As in, the chain would prohibit ice from forming and that any ice that did form would be removed when the chain was removed prior to flight.

I know it's a joke. I get the joke. My question is: Is it an actual photo of a real product that has been memed into a joke and what is the actual product/device used for?
It could not possibly work. So, no, it's not an actual product. It was created to get a laugh, nothing more. I feel like:

1670779455157.png

It could not possibly work. So, no, it's not an actual product. It was created to get a laugh, nothing more. I feel like:

View attachment 8018786
So a chain on the prop installed prior to icing could not and would not prevent ice from forming on the prop and, additionally, it would not remove ice that may have formed on the prop, and chain, when the chain was removed?

Reactions: Lawless
So a chain on the prop installed prior to icing could not and would not prevent ice from forming on the prop and, additionally, it would not remove ice that may have formed on the prop, and chain, when the chain was removed?
About as good as a chain on a boat propeller. . .

Reactions: Lawless
Are you drunk or high? It was done as a joke...nothing more.

I know it's a joke. I get the joke. My question is: Is it an actual photo of a real product that has been memed into a joke and what is the actual product/device used for? Ice on props is a very real problem. And based on the apparent age of the photo, I wondered if it was something used to combat ice on a prop prior to flight. As in, the chain would prohibit ice from forming and that any ice that did form would be removed when the chain was removed prior to flight.

It is genuine. You'll find them at Ace hardware...right next to the sky hooks.

Well, apparently I'm not describing what I mean is such a way that you understand what I'm asking. In no way do I believe the chain would be left on the prop while in use during flight. Also, it's clear you have no understanding how ice effects a prop or wing. Or that I'm just inquiring out of curiosity beyond the meme. Thanks for your help though.

@Jefe's Dope people before color film had a sense of humor too brother.
I'm beginning to think his mom and dad did too.
Well, apparently I'm not describing what I mean is such a way the you understand what I'm asking. I no way do I believe the chain would be left on the prop while in use during flight. Also, it's clear you have no understanding how ice effects a prop or wing. Or that I'm just inquiring out of curiosity beyond the meme. Thanks for your help though.
You must be an engineer.

• Haha
Reactions: EddieNFL
My wife today, when we were moving and re-stacking lumber we had sawed last year, said: “That’s the reason you can’t ever get help for projects, you’re a perfectionist” 😆

This was said in response to my insistence that the lumber be straight and each board not be touching another (Spaced with scrap).

I waited a few moments and nodded then replied “if doing something right is a vice, I’m happy to be an outlaw”. She tried to not let me see her grin 🥰 I love that woman.

1670782805836.jpeg

I'm just inquiring out of curiosity beyond the meme.

No, it never existed, and would not prevent ice formation. It is one of many comedic/satirical postcards created by Paul and Laurie Stanton of Duckboy cards.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
My wife today, when we were moving and re-stacking lumber we had sawed last year, said: “That’s the reason you can’t ever get help for projects, you’re a perfectionist” 😆

This was said in response to my insistence that the lumber be straight and each board not be touching another (Spaced with scrap).

I waited a few moments and nodded then replied “if doing something right is a vice, I’m happy to be an outlaw”. She tried to not let me see her grin 🥰 I love that woman.

View attachment 8018833

This is the reason I did 95% of the work on my "modular office to house" conversion by myself. I had lots of offers of help, I took the offers a couple times, this lead to much cussing and "reworking" those things that I had "help" with.

The wife kept trying to get me to "let them help".
"If I keep letting them help me, I'll never finish."

Poverty that most of the US can’t understand

BD7FB21F-7571-43A4-9B58-3B3B8A7CF293.jpeg
BE009DC2-4477-491B-AA03-2DC522DF3953.jpeg
FF071003-F6F1-44CD-86BB-A30226BAD468.jpeg
0EB82C84-2F7E-4C05-B6EE-D3DE9B676A71.jpeg
089088D7-577E-4FF5-B783-AF7AE2C92625.jpeg

This is a group of “shoeshine boys”. They leave their home in the mountains as early as 10 years old and go to a city where they are “taken in” by a leader who loans them what they need to work. They are basically homeless and are used to make the leader relatively wealthy.

F659A841-F6D6-4FC3-B7A0-6E829759DEB0.jpeg

Well, apparently I'm not describing what I mean is such a way that you understand what I'm asking. In no way do I believe the chain would be left on the prop while in use during flight. Also, it's clear you have no understanding how ice effects a prop or wing. Or that I'm just inquiring out of curiosity beyond the meme. Thanks for your help though.

Wouldn't work. Joke, like relative bearing grease for sailors. I'm a pilot and understand icing. That is by no means a prerequisite to understanding how goofy your question is. :)

BLATANT. DEF: "Obvious to the most casual observer."

• Haha
Reactions: EddieNFL