• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Image 3-19-23 at 7.28 PM.jpeg

Reactions: Lawless
Punch cards, Fortran, IBM 1130, line printer.

Thank you,
MrSmith
The DOT that I work for had only been a couple of years out of the “electronic“ punch card software when I got hired. It’s amazing what I can do with the current design software now. We still have the problem of your design is only as good as the survey data provided though.

I DO enjoy pushing the data and software to the limit to model what I see in my mind 😈. I guess that having worked in several manufacturing and earth moving jobs helps see how the design should go.

Back when the Blues Mobile was just off the big screen... early '80s... our town was running a Chevy Citation and an Aries-K as their cruisers. Do you have any idea how awful a Chevy Citation Cruiser was? I was still in HS then... but the officers HATED those cars! And you could outrun the Chevy Citation on foot. It would make it only so far before breaking down.

Sirhr

We had Ford Futura before my time. Stories abound about going down the highway and slamming it into reverse. The car would shake and buck all the way down to zero, then start backing up. You could not kill them. After the gas crunch they went back to crown vics, and chevy caprice. The crown vics are nice, they still existed when I started. The caprice I am told would get very light at speed.

They bought some new Impala's for some of the guys not on the road, SRO, Paper service and the tires on all of them on the back where gone in under 2000 miles, cords showing. Seems chevy did not put them together right.

Yeah. But then you had the Bee Gees, KC and the Sunshine Band, the Village People and more than a few other disco homos. I all but stopped listing to anything new in the early 70s.
Sing it, Brother!

121119-brothel-4a.jpg

In 1999 the Feds took over the Mustang Ranch whore house. It made the National News. As part of the story, CBS ran a staged clip of dudes selecting ladies for a romp, and I absent-mindedly said out loud "That's not how they do it!" Wife happened to be standing right behind me.

Shocked, she said "You never told me you'd been to a whore house!" I immediately replied "Before we got married you never told me you loved disco." That was the end of the discussion. True story. :)

Last edited:
The '70s had a lot of good music, too. Forget Disco and that soul crap. But you had a lot of great Southern Rock. Punk and New Wave. The Who, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd... dozens of others from Aerosmith to Zappa... were in their prime.

Yeah, the 70's sucked for a lot of stuff. But not for music... movies... some great TV...

And you could buy a brand new Colt M16, full auto, for about $600 plus $200 stamp. Just 'sayin.

Sirhr

Years ago I worked for "the worlds formost outfitter" and I controlled the instore music. This is before digital music, so they used Dish Network for the piped in music. But they also had a 5 disc CD changer on the system. I would make my own music and we would rock out to ANYTHING but country. That was pure hell.

One of the most well liked was Disco day. When you stop and listen to it again it is fun and up beat music. Great for stocking. People dancing in the isles, pushing carts, fantastic for morale. We did acid rock, classic rock, even OLD country, but nothing new. But disco and 80's are the most requested. When you have not listened to Car Wash in 30 years it is kinda fun.

Then a VP from Sidney came by and had a fucking cow and pulled it. I think the people where actually going to kill him. It was that ugly. They had that little fuck backed into a corner, the entire morning staff, so roughly 60 people. He said put the music back on.

And I am not kidding in any of that. It was harmless, cost them no money and the people liked it. This is the same puke that played Centerfield by John Fogerty about 100 times opening night.

Good times.

Reactions: Oldloser
In 1984 brand new in the box colt manufacture 16s were under $500. I think it was about $460 if memory serves me correctly.

Right before the first ban I bought an Colt HBAR sporter. It was quite a bit more then that. I still have the two 5 round colt mags that came with it. A bit ticked off because a flood killed the original box. As I understand it in some of the more commie states those are still grandfathered in and bring big bucks. I doubt I will ever sell mine.

It is still in the original config. Really the only reason I bought it was because they are going to take it away. Back then there are not a lot of choices for an AR rifle. It was a lot of money for a newly married couple, and it was unique at the range. Everyone was not making them at the time. It sits in the back of the safe now, I never really had much interest in it. I did get it out and shot it a year or so ago, and learned a couple things. Yes it is fun to shoot. Buddy gave me one of those new fangled plastic mags for it. Loading it sucks, and shooting a loaded mag like that sucks as well, it never ends. I now understand all the speed loaders for the things.

I will keep all my old GI mags, that will do me just fine, I have that one pmag that holds like a billion rounds....will be handy for blue hair zombies.

View attachment 8098698
Quanah Parker was the last Chief of the Commanches and never lost a battle to the white man. His tribe roamed over the area where Pampas stands. He was never captured by the Army, but decided to surrender and lead his tribe into the white man's culture, only when he saw that there was no alternative.
His was the last tribe in the Staked Plains to come into the reservation system.
Quanah, meaning "fragrant," was born about 1850, son of Comanche Chief Peta Nocona and Cynthia Ann Parker, a white girl taken captive during the 1836 raid on Parker's Fort, Texas. Cynthia Ann Parker was recaptured, along with her daughter, during an 1860 raid on the Pease River in northwest Texas. She had spent 24 years among the Comanche, however, and thus never readjusted to living with the whites again.
She died in Anderson County, Texas, in 1864 shortly after the death of her daughter, Prairie Flower. Ironically, Cynthia Ann's son would adjust remarkably well to living among the white men. But first he would lead a bloody war against them.
Quanah and the Quahada Comanche, of whom his father, Peta Nocona had been chief, refused to accept the provisions of the 1867 Treaty of Medicine Lodge, which confined the southern Plains Indians to a reservation, promising to clothe the Indians and turn them into farmers in imitation of the white settlers.
Knowing of past lies and deceptive treaties of the "White man", Quanah decided to remain on the warpath, raiding in Texas and Mexico and out maneuvering Army Colonel Ronald S. Mackenzie and others. He was almost killed during the attack on buffalo hunters at Adobe Walls in the Texas Panhandle in 1874. The U.S. Army was relentless in its Red River campaign of 1874-75. Quanah's allies, the Quahada were weary and starving.
Mackenzie sent Jacob J. Sturm, a physician and post interpreter, to solicit the Quahada's surrender. Sturm found Quanah, whom he called "a young man of much influence with his people," and pleaded his case. Quanah rode to a mesa, where he saw a wolf come toward him, howl and trot away to the northeast. Overhead, an eagle "glided lazily and then whipped his wings in the direction of Fort Sill," in the words of Jacob Sturm. This was a sign, Quanah thought, and on June 2, 1875, he and his band surrendered at Fort Sill in present-day Oklahoma.

Read Empire of the summer moon, fantastic book. I would not really call it a "quanah parker" book but more of a Commanche history book. IIRC it covers from spanish to the 1900's when they finally (i will use my word) domesticated the american indian. I think I have some reviews up in the book report thread.

Reactions: Rookie and Kjb1796
I grew up 5 miles from there... Back in the day, Fred Gibb was a pretty big deal. As I understand it, he's basically the reason that GM put a 427 in the Camaro in '69, because he did a '68 just to prove you could.

There are a couple like that back in the day, two most common are Yenko and Motion. They both did basically the same thing to get around the stupid rules GM had at the time.

Reactions: J-Ham

That photo with her baby, IIRC Cherry Blossom was quite the upstir in victorian times. A white women with her boob out like that was just not done.

She was full on "indian" by the time of her capture by the whites, and capture is the correct term. Her baby died not long after being captrued, and she passed a little while after that. She would sit in the dirt and slash her breasts in grief over the losses she had. Taking her from the "indian way of life" was just death for her.

what was before basic, i cant remember?
Not an answer to your question but your question sent me back to memory lane.

Basic PDS 7.0 and 7.1. Most never heard of it. Pretty good language with lots of support. Nothing like the numbered basic that shipped with MSDOS. Wrote some pretty good stuff with it in the late 80’s and 90’s. Then they introduced Visual Basic. That was the slowest, piece of software I ever had experience with. Most who used it, used it only for prototyping and then ported (actually rewrote it) in C.

I though writing and debugging a program and then rewriting and debugging that same program in another language was stupid. Just use C to began with.

Finally Windows quit supporting MSDOS based applications but by then, I had moved on to writing apps under WORD BASIC because I really had no need for stand alone applications and the entire agency had “finally” converted from WordPerfect (which I hated) to Word. And, we needed to streamline much of the work, spending minutes to run a Word Applet to compete a multi page form instead of days navigating through all the Governmental hidden bull that the forms incased. (Let the applet(s) ferret out all the hidden details, they were good at it)

Reactions: Gee Kay

In another lifetime I did sports car racing. Drag racers shut the fuck right up, you are in that oven for what 10 minutes tops. Try an hour.

I remember when I bought my first "cool shirt". It was a t-shirt that had tubes in it that water would run through. It had a little cooler and you filled that with ice and water. First time I hit the switch I thought it was dumping ice water all over me, it was so cold. Then no it was just the water running through the suit. My cooler would last about 1 race. By then end of the session the water would be warm to the touch. One thing for sure it did make your mind "more fresh". You loose something when you get that hot and sweaty.

Basically long johns, a head sock, and gloves head to toe.

In another lifetime I did sports car racing. Drag racers shut the fuck right up, you are in that oven for what 10 minutes tops. Try an hour.

I remember when I bought my first "cool shirt". It was a t-shirt that had tubes in it that water would run through. It had a little cooler and you filled that with ice and water. First time I hit the switch I thought it was dumping ice water all over me, it was so cold. Then no it was just the water running through the suit. My cooler would last about 1 race. By then end of the session the water would be warm to the touch. One thing for sure it did make your mind "more fresh". You loose something when you get that hot and sweaty.

Basically long johns, a head sock, and gloves head to toe.
LOL.
We'll end up sitting in our drag cars for hours at a time also when the track has issues. It's not worth getting unstrapped or out of the fire suit if you don't know how long before you need to be ready to race again. It comes down to which is a bigger distraction? Sitting in a 150* car for that hour, or getting out, stripping down - then having to get everything back together in a hurry. If you aren't the next group up in the staging lanes it's a no-brainer. Cool off. The closer you are to the front of the lanes - the greater the decision weight.

LOL.
We'll end up sitting in our drag cars for hours at a time also when the track has issues. It's not worth getting unstrapped or out of the fire suit if you don't know how long before you need to be ready to race again. It comes down to which is a bigger distraction? Sitting in a 150* car for that hour, or getting out, stripping down - then having to get everything back together in a hurry. If you aren't the next group up in the staging lanes it's a no-brainer. Cool off. The closer you are to the front of the lanes - the greater the decision weight.

Hours just sitting in the car, hell with that. When we had a red flag we would all roll onto the false grid and the first thing everyone did was off with the helmet, the unzip the suit to the waist, and off tie the arms around the waist. Why would you keep all that crap on, it would take like 3min to get you back going again. I think in the time it would take to make the car ready again you would have your gear on.

I only did drag racing at a very hobby level, low level. The turn left and right was also "hobby" racers, but a bit more fun. Drag racing just did not last long enough for me.

My local track at the time was Heartland Park in Topeka, a drag strip and road course. In the rain that drag strip was slippery as snot.

Hours just sitting in the car, hell with that. When we had a red flag we would all roll onto the false grid and the first thing everyone did was off with the helmet, the unzip the suit to the waist, and off tie the arms around the waist. Why would you keep all that crap on, it would take like 3min to get you back going again. I think in the time it would take to make the car ready again you would have your gear on.

I only did drag racing at a very hobby level, low level. The turn left and right was also "hobby" racers, but a bit more fun. Drag racing just did not last long enough for me.

My local track at the time was Heartland Park in Topeka, a drag strip and road course. In the rain that drag strip was slippery as snot.
I've raced at HPT before.
I really like that place!

I've hobby road-raced cars and motorcycles.
There is no doubt that it's more fun to pick lines and turn corners.

I've spend many of the best days of my life at Heartland Park on the road course. Most of my old courses are office parks now.
file008420.jpg

I've spend many of the best days of my life at Heartland Park on the road course. Most of my old courses are office parks now.View attachment 8101040

I kept my car, need to find a pic of it. It was an Opel GT in Gulf colors, good looking car. I ran IT at first then FP. That is where the name comes from FPGT72, my number was 72.

I hold on to the car with the silly idea of doing an open road race like big bend or sand hills, think that would be fun, and I have a good rear end for it as well.

Found some, after I got hit at Hallett.
cherokee_140_DSCF00021.jpg

cherokee_140_DSCF0040.jpg

This was my IT car.
cherokee_140_DSCF0025.jpg

Great for heating up the C-rations and LRP’s when on the hill as well. Burns with a hot and long lasting, though smoky fire) Though some say this was all disproven, it was recommended by our infantry drill instructors that you don’t “stomp” the burning C-4 out. (Both pressure and heat are required to get C-4 to detonate.).

29E1F357-4D53-4C05-858F-85595656FE62.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Gee Kay
A lot of folks dismiss or dislike self checkout. I find that with Self Checkout, my losses both in products given up on and 45 minute round trip drives back to town, to get PRODUCTS THE CASHIER DID NOT PUT IN MY BASKET has been reduced to "0" when I use Self Checkout.

Seems cashiers often confuse the Round Bag holder with the Round File.

All too often, I would get home and find multiple products, I choose, put on the counter to be paid for, actually paid for, the checker either intentionally or accidentally left the bag holding these products on the round bag holder. Time, effort, fuel (at 3 bucks per gallon) and wear and tear on the vehicle to drive back to town to get shit paid for can really piss a fellow off. Wear and tear on the vehicle, our little road isn't the best pavement job in the world. Bordering on the worst actually.
Everything is half price, BOGO, or Free Today! I've never been trained, nor have I filled out an application for employment, so if they want it done "right", the store will have to provide a checker.

Great for heating up the C-rations and LRP’s when on the hill as well. Burns with a hot and long lasting, though smoky fire) Though some say this was all disproven, it was recommended by our infantry drill instructors that you don’t “stomp” the burning C-4 out. (Both pressure and heat are required to get C-4 to detonate.).

View attachment 8101110
C-4 burned fast and hot, like a little jet. It didn't smoke. Period. I heated water but never C Rats, due to either burning, on the bottom or heat expansion pushing out stuff like spaghetti, like a huge toothpaste. I used a certain size to boil water for cocoa or LRRPS, and heat tabs for everything else. I had quite a battery of recipes to alter things like pork slices or beef slices (with juices) or a pecan cake roll. And of course Peaches and Pound cake. Our C-4 was in a longer strip-like rather than a block like the photo. It had a strip of green sticky covered withtape along one side. C4 was GREAT stuff.

Reactions: Oldloser