• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

7848d61054f038fa.jpeg

Yeah ok....not when that 800pr cable shows up at 9 distribution boxes(called SAC boxes) and it's an old lead cable where the prs are with white/red or white/blue so no color binders and you pray someone wasn't lazy and used an unused pr of wires halfway through a spice for a easy fix 15 years ago and hopefully someone else didn't do that either and so on and so on.....or someone didn't forget to have the platt updated after they spliced in a 50pr cable for a new street or business put in that they ran those 50prs to and cut at that splice.....

But yeah, 2 days.....reminds of the movie money pit with Tom Hanks, where everything was 2 weeks.....

Doc
Paper insulated, quad, lead cable… tone from both ends and you’ll get er spliced / fixed fairly quickly… been there done that… 50 years ago…

You didn't mention lead/paper...that would definitely take longer.
Yeah we had an 1800pr lead cable cut along with a fiber trunk cut by an auger when the state put the auger into the ground doing soil samples to expand 295 in NJ.

We ended up pulling a new cable in from the Central office to that point which took almost 3 days straight of 24hr shift and then we came and spliced it all, and of course it was manhole work.......took us a week or so to complete the copper cable.

They got fucked. No markout or anything.

That bill was immense.

Doc

Last edited:
Two days to do two 800 pair splices? Good grief, should have taken less than a day with a decent splicing crew.

We had a guy hit an unmarked gas line with the hoe, first time you see that happen it will give a pretty good pucker...those gas lines aren't as fragile as you're "taught". LOL

Yea they had half the road closed for two days. This was roughly 20 years ago when the KC speedway was just built. The only thing in that area at the time was the speedway and Cabelas, I worked at the latter.

I think I've covered this before.
Look at the guy to right.
He's what...6'.....5'8"....??
The nut and bolt are chocked maybe a foot off the ground.
Saying its 96 anything, is as ridiculous as saying, "hand me the 11mm socket".
The proper wrench here is the popular and common 58-5/8".
Your welcome.

I have no idea, they said it was an 800 pair cable, about as thick as my leg. All I know is all the phones went dead.
You just know that somewhere a woman ended the conversation by saying, "He just hung up on me!"

• Haha
Reactions: Modoc
You just know that somewhere a woman ended the conversation by saying, "He just hung up on me!"
Wonder how many fights that was. It was basically Wyandotte county west of the legends. There was not really the Legends shopping area there yet, it was just the speedway, Cabelas and Nebraska Furniture mart. The area really built up after I left.

I kinda miss Cabelas, I helped put the ears on an elephant before the store opened......good times.

Reactions: jrassy
Wonder how many fights that was. It was basically Wyandotte county west of the legends. There was not really the Legends shopping area there yet, it was just the speedway, Cabelas and Nebraska Furniture mart. The area really built up after I left.

I kinda miss Cabelas, I helped put the ears on an elephant before the store opened......good times.
The rest of Dottsville is a poorly maintained feed lot left behind to rot.

the irony is Tesla was pushing AC and Edison DC

One was IMHO Evil. The other an actual genius to the point of being socially awkward. His end of life was just sad. Had some not so cool ideas, like only smart people should be allowed to have kids.

Wonder where we would be if it was not for bankers pulling the plug. John Galt's Motor?