• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

It's not a storm jib. It's something odd hoisted on the spinnaker halyard. That boat has a roller furling jib, which is rolled up. A storm jib would be hoisted up the forestay with the jib lanyard, and would be used in heavy winds to keep the stern of the boat into the wind - running downwind. If shit gets really bad, you drop a sea anchor off the font of the boat so the bow stays into the wind.

They could actually be at anchor and just using that sail to keep them downwind off the anchor in a current.

But they most likely are a short case into the day, and in no hurry.
Not at anchor.

Slowly traversing south to north enjoying a fine day.

It was a triangle shaped sail secured point to top of mast and the two lower corners tied off below, either on the roller jib or perhaps to cleats on the deck.

Real light cloth.

323DBD79-D43B-4D18-AABE-00E693A0D323.png

Other boats with more sails out were pumping right along.

Reactions: Keith E.
Not at anchor.

Slowly traversing south to north enjoying a fine day.

It was a triangle shaped sail secured point to top of mast and the two lower corners tied off below, either on the roller jib or perhaps to cleats on the deck.

Real light cloth.

View attachment 8209831

Other boats with more sails out were pumping right along.
Just a spinnaker. Crappy photo but you can see the roller furled jib. No mainsail up. Nice slow day.

I met a guy in Tahiti that had sailed across the pacific from the west coast. We were hanging out on his boat in Tahiti, and he said he spent three days getting back from Morea to Tahiti when his diesel quit on him and there was no wind ( it's about 12 miles). I said weren't you pissed? He said "I didn't have to be anywhere".

Just a spinnaker. Crappy photo but you can see the roller furled jib. No mainsail up. Nice slow day.

I met a guy in Tahiti that had sailed across the pacific from the west coast. We were hanging out on his boat in Tahiti, and he said he spent three days getting back from Morea to Tahiti when his diesel quit on him and there was no wind ( it's about 12 miles). I said weren't you pissed? He said "I didn't have to be anywhere".
Watched a vid on YouTube about the last grain racers of the 20s and 30s.

Those big arks went from wind at the Capes that would threaten all sails to decking out their ships with as much sheet as they could to try and catch the slightest puff of air in the horse latitudes.

There was absolutely no talk of DEI on those boats. They were all equal, equally overworked.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawless
Pennsylvania has blue balls too.
True story about someone from that part of PA that I know well.

Him, his business partner and wives were on a business trip out west. On the bus ride from the resort to the convention center, the bus driver was bragging about their efficient interstate system that allows them to reach any point in the city in 30 minutes. Without thinking, this man's wife quips "It takes us 30 minutes just to get through Intercourse in the morning".

The bus ride couldn't end fast enough!

Reactions: TxLabRat
True story about someone from that part of PA that I know well.

Him, his business partner and wives were on a business trip out west. On the bus ride from the resort to the convention center, the bus driver was bragging about their efficient interstate system that allows them to reach any point in the city in 30 minutes. Without thinking, this man's wife quips "It takes us 30 minutes just to get through Intercourse in the morning".

The bus ride couldn't end fast enough!
I was in New Holland for work. I went to Intercourse and got my wife a bright pink shirt that said I ❤ Intercourse. She blushed and I got some with her wearing the shirt.