• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

15 eh?....gear is a hell of a thing.....
If you’re talking about riding gear, yes. It’s a hell of a thing. His riding gear saved his life. Helmet and chest protector mainly but his pants could have possibly kept him from a femur artery bleed. If you want pics I can give them to you.

• Wow
Reactions: gigamortis
I do.
And remember now.
Been a long day/ weekend and brain a little slow…

Unfortunately, I see a couple hundred cases a month of people admitted for severe injuries (quite a few as bad as his) and my brain jumbles it all.

How is he recovering?
First please allow me to thank you for remembering my son. You and I are complete strangers. For you to even show the most
remote interest speaks wonders about your character. Jaron’s doing exceptionally well. He’s been completely cleared by the orthopedic surgeon, his only restrictions are no contact sports and no riding. We had another impact test with the neurologist on friday. He passed, I guess with flying colors and was cleared of all concussion symptoms. Now, on the 27th is an MRI on his right shoulder for a possible torn rotator cuff. I have to speak honestly. After all he’s been through I’m glad we have to only worry about one shoulder.

Gear is slang for steroids/PEDs.
Then @mcameron can lick my nut sack you fucking troll. I’m talking about riding gear quality. Helmet, chest protector, stuff like that. You have no idea the lengths I’ve gone to make sure my son has never been on any type of steroids. It’s not my fault my son is genetically superior to your son and he has to take antibiotics. @mcameron you’re a fucking failure as a parent.

First please allow me to thank you for remembering my son. You and I are complete strangers. For you to even show the most
remote interest speaks wonders about your character. Jaron’s doing exceptionally well. He’s been completely cleared by the orthopedic surgeon, his only restrictions are no contact sports and no riding. We had another impact test with the neurologist on friday. He passed, I guess with flying colors and was cleared of all concussion symptoms. Now, on the 27th is an MRI on his right shoulder for a possible torn rotator cuff. I have to speak honestly. After all he’s been through I’m glad we have to only worry about one shoulder.

Glad to hear he is healing well!

Keep him fit and active and away from the dirt bike for a bit.

Im a fan of living life and would never want to discourage one from getting back on the “horse” per say. Just as teens, a little more time off to heal and let ourselves process is good.
I spent a lot of time doing sports most consider super dangerous for quite some time.
Then fatherhood slowed me down.

My $0.02 and worth what ya paid.
Easy on the counter attacks.
Makes you look like quite a turd too….

Glad to hear he is healing well!

Keep him fit and active and away from the dirt bike for a bit.

Im a fan of living life and would never want to discourage one from getting back on the “horse” per say. Just as teens, a little more time off to heal and let ourselves process is good.
I spent a lot of time doing sports most consider super dangerous for quite some time.
Then fatherhood slowed me down.

My $0.02 and worth what ya paid.
Easy on the counter attacks.
Makes you look like quite a turd too….
Yeah I get it. I may have overreacted. Anyhow. The moment he got out of the hospital he asked me if the bike can be fixed. After looking over it, yes it can. I also told him that that’s a discussion for another day. Well, that discussion happened this morning. My son wants us to get the bike fixed asap. I want him to heal fully before he throws a leg over it. My wife wants the bike to be sold and keep him in a protective bubble. Obviously the latter is off the table. I think my reasoning will prevail. He knows he’s not invincible now. He knows he has to have respect for the machine. He also knows he can’t ride over his head. I think he’ll be fine in about 3 months. @powdahound76, what do you think?

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
Is he going to pay for the bike repairs with his money that he earned? That's another painful lesson that must be learned.
Honestly no. He’s received enough gift cards and checks from friends and relatives that will more than take care of the cost of repairs. What I will say though is the work on the bike will not be done without him. I demand that he helps on the maintenance and care of the bike. That ensures that we are in the garage, wrenching together and he’s learning how to work on the bike. It’s always been like that. From oil changes to top end rebuilds I’ve always worked on his bike with him so he learns and understands the how and why of things. If that makes sense.

Honestly no. He’s received enough gift cards and checks from friends and relatives that will more than take care of the cost of repairs.
I'm of the opinion that many teenagers need to learn the hard way, my son certainly did. He quit being quite as reckless once he realized that I wasn't going to pay for his mistakes. Broken fishing poles, crashed bicycles, fender benders ect. He payed his own way through hard work as a teenager, bought his own pickup and unnecessarily expensive clothes ect.

I'm in no position to tell you how to raise your family, just providing an opinion.

Reactions: Ichi and animaldoc
Yeah I get it. I may have overreacted. Anyhow. The moment he got out of the hospital he asked me if the bike can be fixed. After looking over it, yes it can. I also told him that that’s a discussion for another day. Well, that discussion happened this morning. My son wants us to get the bike fixed asap. I want him to heal fully before he throws a leg over it. My wife wants the bike to be sold and keep him in a protective bubble. Obviously the latter is off the table. I think my reasoning will prevail. He knows he’s not invincible now. He knows he has to have respect for the machine. He also knows he can’t ride over his head. I think he’ll be fine in about 3 months. @powdahound76, what do you think?
We all eventually learn that we are not invincible and that risks that can go bad have severe consequences. Some of us pay more than others to learn this and some learn earlier than others. Some never live to learn and some never learn.

I hope that your son heals up well and that he learned a valuable lesson.

Written by a slow learner.

We all eventually learn that we are not invincible and that risks that can go bad have severe consequences. Some of us pay more than others to learn this and some learn earlier than others. Some never live to learn and some never learn.

I hope that your son heals up well and that he learned a valuable lesson.

Written by a slow learner.
Thank you, sir.

IMG_5967.jpeg

Hard to tell depending on all factors, and most likely for mellower stuff. No full speed tree riding. No huge tables. Etc.
Conditioning will be off, so he will likely be a bit before he is ready to charge hard.

He is likely still seeing a trauma surgeon and ortho in clinic? I would ask them for their opinion.
The solid organ injury is as much concern as anything. What grade was his lac?

Usually those docs are used to that and not in the same boat as your wife.
They should give a good answer and not be emotionally cautious.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I got the opportunity to learn the hard way - 50 yrs ago.
I still limp.

Years after "recovery" I'd be on a bike going WFO through the woops in high gear.... then remember that whole "risk vs reward" thing. All of a sudden I'm not at full throttle anymore. That's what it takes though. Healing vs learning. There is a balance.

5 and 6 huh. Mine was in 2016, but yeah 5 and 6 too.
Mine unfortunately failed(didn't completely fuse)and my screws are broken and loose....
I just threw the loose part in there, give the boys a slow one down the middle for their entertainment.
I already threw them one that went past them.
Is this still the bear pit or what?

Mine fused up really well. Per CAT scan noylthing broke loose, but my discomfort level is higher and range of motion less. Neuro found C7 is now compressed about a year ago. I waited ten years after diag to have 5/6 done.

Yeah, still the pit.

Mine would not wait.

I talked with a number of guys who had the same surgery and they all said avoid as long as I could deal with it. Apparently, it doesn't last forever. Once I couldn't sleep more than a few hours each night, I gave in. Since the crash, I'm averaging about three per night.

Sounds as if yours was a "sudden" injury. Mine was a crash, suffered whiplash, but the 5/6 issue didn't surface for several years.

I talked with a number of guys who had the same surgery and they all said avoid as long as I could deal with it. Apparently, it doesn't last forever. Once I couldn't sleep more than a few hours each night, I gave in. Since the crash, I'm averaging about three per night.

Sounds as if yours was a "sudden" injury. Mine was a crash, suffered whiplash, but the 5/6 issue didn't surface for several years.

Exact same. I simply waited until it had nearly paralyzed me. I have an extremely high pain tolerance.
If I tell you I'm dying with pain, then I am probably way past, "shoulda gone to the hospital".
They had a hard time diagnosing me cause "I shouldn't be walking around". Anyway neurosurgeon took one look at MRI and said, "you need surgery, NOW!"
Don't get me wrong, I am way better shape than before surgery.

• Wow
Exact same. I simply waited until it had nearly paralyzed me. I have an extremely high pain tolerance.
If I tell you I'm dying with pain, then I am probably way past, "shoulda gone to the hospital".
They had a hard time diagnosing me cause "I shouldn't be walking around". Anyway neurosurgeon took one look at MRI and said, "you need surgery, NOW!"
Don't get me wrong, I am way better shape than before surgery.

From crash to surgery was 22 years. Told me I needed it at 10 years, but it was just a nuisance then. Better post surgery, but lost a lot of range of motion. Pain is, well was, much better.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
That was sickening to watch.
I know right? That was a lot of screaming and histrionics from ‘momma’ but the girl was pretty calm for being in bottom position. After a decent take down, momma exerted a lot of energy for little gain. She needs to work on breaking open that turtle position so she can do some actual damage. Sickening.

I know right? That was a lot of screaming and histrionics from ‘momma’ but the girl was pretty calm for being in bottom position. After a decent take down, momma exerted a lot of energy for little gain. She needs to work on breaking open that turtle position so she can do some actual damage. Sickening.
Mama should have used the baseball bat on the daughter.

Reactions: Lawless
Then @mcameron can lick my nut sack you fucking troll. I’m talking about riding gear quality. Helmet, chest protector, stuff like that. You have no idea the lengths I’ve gone to make sure my son has never been on any type of steroids. It’s not my fault my son is genetically superior to your son and he has to take antibiotics. @mcameron you’re a fucking failure as a parent.
Hey brother, we pick on each other here some so the first assumption always has to be that no real insult was intended. If somebody goes beyond good natured ribbing, all of the rest will pile on….don’t worry. Giving the benefit of the doubt will go a long way in this thread.

IMG_2856.gif

Hey brother, we pick on each other here some so the first assumption always has to be that no real insult was intended. If somebody goes beyond good natured ribbing, all of the rest will pile on….don’t worry. Giving the benefit of the doubt will go a long way in this thread.

View attachment 8235539
And while us folks who have been here a while beat on each other relentlessly... for outsiders, screwing with one is screwing with all. And it never ends well for the outsider...

Apparently the ship only had 1" of armor plate. Some similar vessels had an additional 4.5 of belt armor, but not this one according to the description.
"This same account goes on to detail the damage to the warship — an eight-foot split in the side plating located around 8 feet above the waterline, and some minor distortion to panels on the hull."

Last edited: