• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

tumblr_4886808409d98665f1bd3bb2b55d5e2e_f74f250e_1280.jpg

When I lived in Northern VA years ago, something similar happened. If you know anything about VA, you know revenue generation under the guise of "safety" is an art form there. VA cops do not take kindly to anyone messing with their cash cow and fleecing of motorists.

Some guy got pissed off at their ridiculous speed traps and actually held up a sign on the side of the road that read "speed trap ahead". He was cited by the angry cop for obstruction of justice or some other bs charge. Was in all the local papers at the time. The guy became something of a folk hero. Anyway, the judge ended up dismissing the charge on constitutional grounds.

Reactions: Lesch and ubettcha
When I lived in Northern VA years ago, something similar happened. If you know anything about VA, you know revenue generation under the guise of "safety" is an art form there. VA cops do not take kindly to anyone messing with their cash cow and fleecing of motorists.

Some guy got pissed off at their ridiculous speed traps and actually held up a sign on the side of the road that read "speed trap ahead". He was cited by the angry cop for obstruction of justice or some other bs charge. Was in all the local papers at the time. The guy became something of a folk hero. Anyway, the judge ended up dismissing the charge on constitutional grounds.

I take it as my patriotic duty to warn others of speed traps and other such evil.
Of course I get the normal tirades from the heel clickers about... well once upon a time in some unknown place a speed trap caught a wanted criminal so blah blah blah, and I nicely go back to using my 1A rights to help protect my fellows.

I say tell folks and then ask what’s the purpose of the “speed trap” to slow people down or generate revenue? If it’s revenue generation when was the vote on the tax increase? If it’s to slow people down I’m just helping you do your job.

Morning folks,
Does anyone happen to know what this is? Father in law found it and we can't figure it out.

View attachment 7328640View attachment 7328641

First guess would be that its the grip end of a tool used to carry bricks. Kind of works like a lever but part of the tool is missing and it wouldnt work as intended.

but....

Marbles is a firearms cleaning tool manufacturer as far as I know.

Reactions: Spicerack
First guess would be that its the grip end of a tool used to carry bricks. Kind of works like a lever but part of the tool is missing and it wouldnt work as intended.

but....

Marbles is a firearms cleaning tool manufacturer as far as I know.

We know about the Marbles, MI company history. They go back a ways and made firearm sights too once upon a time. I thought it might be some kind of crimping tool since it appears to look like it was intended to be bench mounted. The part marked 'H' on one end and 'S' on the other can be removed and flipped around.

I take it as my patriotic duty to warn others of speed traps and other such evil.
Of course I get the normal tirades from the heel clickers about... well once upon a time in some unknown place a speed trap caught a wanted criminal so blah blah blah, and I nicely go back to using my 1A rights to help protect my fellows.
Yep. I’ve been flashing my lights at oncoming drivers since I was 16 to warn them of speed traps. I consider it my civic duty.

I know of one police agency that their mission statement for traffic safety is to create "Voluntary compliance"

So if presence gets people to slow down and voluntarily comply than you have met the mission.

If presence results in others flashing their high beams, holding up signs, notifying Ways - than they have magnified the effect of your "presence" and you are even more so meeting mission.

If verbal warning, written warning or actual citation generate voluntary compliance than do so as needed. Their driver history usually tells you what form the contact needs to take.

Ive heard Judges ask these guys would they be upset if the violator was found not responsible and the correct answer is "As long as they will abide by the rules of the road voluntarily going forward than the mission has been met."

My father was an Areospace engineer. One of the projects was radar suppression and the many ways to do that. One man on his team got a speeding ticket in the town the shop was in. 35 in a 30 a real bs ticket that the dc judge wouldn't throw out. After he lost the case he and 2 others took to the town roads with a proect to "test in real world radar suppression" They proceeded to blow out every radar gun in the 2 towns local to the company. They also blew out 3 msp radar guns. Then they contacted the point of aquisition to inspect the non functioning units to see how the systems worked for both improvements and methods to protect them. This was late 70's.
To put it in context. This shop had the machinists, running the late 60's muscle cars. The younger engineers running the latest muscle cars they were designing parts for after hours, and my dad's class of engineers and foreman that had the vettes and LS6 chevelles, 426 hemi cudas 440 6pak super bees and the like. The whole place had some form of above average speedy car attracting the local popo. The best part was when they started tuning the local popo cars once efi was the normal induction method

Reactions: Arc Light