• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

I still have my "Cadillacs" somewhere at my parents' house. I'm sure they're still there in a box somewhere.

On my "I love me" display are the pair of newer boots that I wore during my retirement ceremony.

Many of us lamented for years that when the Marines did away with the spit shined boots and starched cammies that it became much more difficult to tell the good troops apart from the turds.

I was the idiot that thought jungle boots were the most comfortable boots mankind had devised (with an N=2, I was comparing to combat boots at the time.)

So young, so stupid, good times.

Now those bastards don't even have to polish boots. New Corps, damn New Corps.

Shocked by how much they hurt on break in. Found this out while at CAX with limited ability to use something else.

Once broken in they were like slippers but initially they were tight and the union of canvas and leather was a hot spot.

I still have my "Cadillacs" somewhere at my parents' house. I'm sure they're still there in a box somewhere.

On my "I love me" display are the pair of newer boots that I wore during my retirement ceremony.

Many of us lamented for years that when the Marines did away with the spit shined boots and starched cammies that it became much more difficult to tell the good troops apart from the turds.

It's apparent in the way the person "carries" themselves.

Than again "looking good" doesn't always mean "is good".

These days for me it's less about what co-workers think more about having the "customers" assume having your uniform shit together means you actually have your ass kicking shit together.

Im a lover not a fighter.

Reactions: Joel Danielson
My 27 year old son is a landscaper, and he is on the last pair of jungle boots that I brought home. We were digging around in the basement and came across a couple pair that he quickly laid claim to. I didn’t mind, I’d rather see them get used that rot away. He has been wearing them out, and asked if I could find some more. Surprisingly they still sell them.

It's apparent in the way the person "carries" themselves.

Than again "looking good" doesn't always mean "is good".

These days for me it's less about what co-workers think more about having the "customers" assume having your uniform shit together means you actually have your ass kicking shit together.

Im a lover not a fighter.
Got out of the Corps in the summer of 76', so I never got to experience the new garb...

Got out of the Corps in the summer of 76', so I never got to experience the new garb...

I understand USMC is testing a new uniform material right now.

Same camo patterns but a lighter weight material.

I was in the PI when the alternative to NYCO Woodland, ripstop Woodland cotton, came online.

It was like heaven switching to the lightweight material in that climate. Gladly shelled out the Lance Corporal pay for ripstop at Subic.

Reactions: Joel Danielson
That amount of pay wouldn't even buy a good pair of boots today...still trying to figure out how I managed to pay for beer.

Well beer is necessity and a right obviously you just went without food and medical care.

ijb0Y1E.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 7368363
I remember these. Got issued as a size too small cuz the CIF lady said they'd stretch, then stayed up way to late to get a good shine on them so I wouldn't get smoked. Instead I got smoked for having a button unbuttoned 🤓.

I still remember my bloody, blistered feet from those boots. Ditched them when i got to my unit for some jungle boots, back when jungles were cool.
Jungle's for me as well. 👍 those cif boots ruined alot of feet....

Got mine at the Bragg px, jumped in em once and only wore em with class A's afterwards. Gave them to a neighbor kid after I got out.
Work requires Corcoran jump boots.

They issue those shitty "field" model Type IIs that only shine on the toe and heel.

I badgered the supply guy to search the Arc of the Covenant warehouse for Type Is.

View attachment 7368432

He found me 4 pairs from the 60s, Made in Stoughton, Massachusetts. Only difference from WWII manufacture is these are black instead of brown.

View attachment 7368433

Little water, maybe some leather grease, I can make an 8 to 9.5 fit.

Granted I am not force marching in them.

Work requires Corcoran jump boots.

They issue those shitty "field" model Type IIs that only shine on the toe and heel.

I badgered the supply guy to search the Arc of the Covenant warehouse for Type Is.

View attachment 7368432

He found me 4 pairs from the 60s, Made in Stoughton, Massachusetts. Only difference from WWII manufacture is these are black instead of brown.

View attachment 7368433

Little water, maybe some leather grease, I can make an 8 to 9.5 fit.

Granted I am not force marching in them.
Corcorans were fine for wearing around the orderly room or the medic shack.
Only a leg would spit shine just the toe and heel of any boot.
Jumped only in issue boots. And never used Corcorans in the field.
These boots looked great in a set of class A’s blouses.

Reactions: abn31c
Dont go starting a war with our non winged brethren 🤣😀

Reactions: jbrand11

My job does not require going to "the field".

Our issue type IIs are sometimes left unshined by coworkers - buffed and brushed on occasion.

Some will spit shine and as the toe and heel are the only parts of the leather that will shine thats all you get.

Some use that paint on lacquer shit.

Hoping in boot camp the mil still issues leather oxfords so at least they can learn to spit shine those before moving on to corfram patent leather shit.

Marines dont have a "cap toe" on any boot save someone in the air wing that is wearing a steel toe safety shoe or special boot for their job.

A fleet Marine would have been told to throw that shit away if they where wearing Corcorans or a boot with a "cap toe".

It was recognized as an army thing.

Reactions: Ravenworks
Ohh the hours spent on my Corcoran's with kiwi, cotton balls, alcohol and water........ and beer.....lots of beer😆

View attachment 7368363
I remember these. Got issued as a size too small cuz the CIF lady said they'd stretch, then stayed up way to late to get a good shine on them so I wouldn't get smoked. Instead I got smoked for having a button unbuttoned 🤓.

I still remember my bloody, blistered feet from those boots. Ditched them when i got to my unit for some jungle boots, back when jungles were cool.
Still got 2 pairs of those and I wear them on occasion .