• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

andrey gudkov.jpg

That Piper Cub landing is an annual contest in Valdez AK For shortest landing.
IIRC they have one for short take off as well.

Those planes are cool.

I have a love affair with the Beaver though. Also like the Otter and Twin Otters, and a couple 185s I spent a lot of time in. More for their personal nostalgia.
Got a full tour of Denali Park from the air one in N1292F, which graces the cover of Bush Pilots Of Alaska, a great book about AK flying.

675696E1-304D-435E-A75C-6C0E622E96D8.jpeg
DC-3 owned by ERA. 20 yrs ago and more they flew a pair of these on sightseeing flights around Denali and Prince William Sound in Alaska. The stewardesses wore 40’s style outfits and served champagne while classic music was played. Sometimes they threw them in as regular passenger flights between Kenai and Anchorage. You never knew until you showed up for your flight if you were fortunate enough to be on one. I was in Kenai waiting to fly to Anc and this bird was next to leave. An old tourist feller was talking to his buddy about how he rode on them in WW2 and how he’d love to fly in one again.
I asked him his flight time then went to the counter to see if he was on the flight. He was, so I told him the same. He literally broke down right there in the airport. Weeping as he couldn’t believe it. It was awesome to see his face when they called his flight number. He was like a giddy little kid doing the happy dance. So cool.

View attachment 7398429DC-3 owned by ERA. 20 yrs ago and more they flew a pair of these on sightseeing flights around Denali and Prince William Sound in Alaska. The stewardesses wore 40’s style outfits and served champagne while classic music was played. Sometimes they threw them in as regular passenger flights between Kenai and Anchorage. You never knew until you showed up for your flight if you were fortunate enough to be on one. I was in Kenai waiting to fly to Anc and this bird was next to leave. An old tourist feller was talking to his buddy about how he rode on them in WW2 and how he’d love to fly in one again.
I asked him his flight time then went to the counter to see if he was on the flight. He was, so I told him the same. He literally broke down right there in the airport. Weeping as he couldn’t believe it. It was awesome to see his face when they called his flight number. He was like a giddy little kid doing the happy dance. So cool.

I cant remember why, but one of the ERA planes landed at Talkeetna when I worked at the airport there.

Had to help get it turned around as our ramp was kinda small.

Classic plane and so beautiful.
Good memories.

Reactions: LegioX
I thought that dude with the "giant roses" was just Frank with a normal bouquet riding the RTD here in Denver. I know he doesn't post a lot about family, but he is a man, guessing he likes the ladies (statistics), and given he is a dude, he is bound the screw up.

I never have brought flowers for screwing up. Just to celebrate a wonderful lady. Usually at random.

Reactions: jrassy
@Lawless - all that money and time wasted......😁

Spoke to a beautiful lady over a cold beer and delicious pizza she fed me last weekend. She noted my beard and mustache were bushy. Wondered if they would tickle. Said she assumed that if she wanted a kiss, that she better figure out how to love the whiskers.

I have nothing further to comment on.;)

• Haha
Reactions: Lawless

Spoke to a beautiful lady over a cold beer and delicious pizza she fed me last weekend. She noted my beard and mustache were bushy. Wondered if they would tickle. Said she assumed that if she wanted a kiss, that she better figure out how to love the whiskers.

I really do not like shaving either.. lol

Reactions: LeftyJason

My wife is down with the slickness 😎

Reactions: BadDogPSD
well my friend, that is a deal sealer right there.

If I ever have a wife again and she prefers the shaved or trimmed, I will be happy to shift my plans a tad. some things are non-negotiable. whiskers are.

• Haha
Reactions: Lawless
I thought that dude with the "giant roses" was just Frank with a normal bouquet riding the RTD here in Denver. I know he doesn't post a lot about family, but he is a man, guessing he likes the ladies (statistics), and given he is a dude, he is bound the screw up.

I never have brought flowers for screwing up. Just to celebrate a wonderful lady. Usually at random.

Nice of you to give @lowlight the benefit of "statistics".

I had thought about tagging him in that.

Figured he is so worn out by the idiots ranting around here he might need a break.
But, everyone needs a laugh.

Disgusting how childish people on here are, really juvenile.

I mean despite his physical challenges they are pulling the leg on a guy that has raised himself up by his boot straps, stood on his own two feet and embraced a beautiful relationship, you really have to hand it to him..........I bet they couldnt walk a mile in his shoes.

Perspective on how big a B36 Bomber was......makes the B29 look like a Cessna. Like to see a B52 photoshopped in.

1597494496511.png