• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

Have been caught in small rivers at large as 100 lbs.
biggest on record 160.

We need more pics and story.

Big alligator snappin turtle either way!

Reactions: Sgt47
Have been caught in small rivers at large as 100 lbs.
biggest on record 160.

We need more pics and story.

Big alligator snappin turtle either way!

Forwarded to me by a friend that is on social media. The guys original post has been modified or removed as Dept of Conservation got involved. Alligator Snappers are protected this far north. He caught it while catfishing with hook and line.
Its said now not to retrieve them and cut the line.

Long arm camera trick or not that's a big mofo!

Forwarded to me by a friend that is on social media. The guys original post has been modified or removed as Dept of Conservation got involved. Alligator Snappers are protected this far north. He caught it while catfishing with hook and line.
Its said now not to retrieve them and cut the line.

Long arm camera trick or not that's a big mofo!
Agreed it’s a big one, I caught one about that big catfish’n in Kentucky, I made the mistake of pulling him into the boat.......

they weren’t protected back then so we ate him, it was fucking awesome!

Reactions: Halfnutz
Biggest I've seen up close and personal was in 2007 at the Palmetto Sprotsmans Classic in Columbia S.C. and was part of a wildlife expo set up by the Savannah River Ecology Labratory out of Aiken county S.C.
I dont remember all the particulars but IIRC it weighed in the neighborhood of 175 lbs, and was thought to be somewhere between 100 and 150 years old.
Not sure if the photo of the one above has been enhanced but I do know it's very unwise to get within arms lenght of one, much less hold one like the dude in the photo is doing. Those snappers necks are close to the same length as their shell and they can strike fast as a snake. And they remove chunks of whatever they latch ahold of.
I've seen much smaller ones take chunks out of wood boat paddles....

Reactions: Halfnutz
Agreed it’s a big one, I caught one about that big catfish’n in Kentucky, I made the mistake of pulling him into the boat.......

they weren’t protected back then so we ate him, it was fucking awesome!

Dem make soma da goodest saus piquant. Den agin, I be Cajun an us will ate anatin dat ain't aet us furst.

Biggest I've seen up close and personal was in 2007 at the Palmetto Sprotsmans Classic in Columbia S.C. and was part of a wildlife expo set up by the Savannah River Ecology Labratory out of Aiken county S.C.
I dont remember all the particulars but IIRC it weighed in the neighborhood of 175 lbs, and was thought to be somewhere between 100 and 150 years old.
Not sure if the photo of the one above has been enhanced but I do know it's very unwise to get within arms lenght of one, much less hold one like the dude in the photo is doing. Those snappers necks are close to the same length as their shell and they can strike fast as a snake. And they remove chunks of whatever they latch ahold of.
I've seen much smaller ones take chunks out of wood boat paddles....

The way brave people say to hold them is "nape" of shell and shell at tail.

Ive never been brave enough.

The way brave people say to hold them is "nape" of shell and shell at tail.

Ive never been brave enough.
I dont fish much, co worker that showed it to me first does. He said "fuck that thing in my boat, I woulda cut the line as soon as I saw what it was."

As a kid our neighbor did some diving and caught one big enough to cover the bottom of a trash can, he cut the head off and left it in the yard. The head would latch onto a stick for hours afterwards. Some things just dont know when they are dead, or are just plain mean no matter what.

Reactions: bearleft
20yrs in military, 12 in NoVa. Stayed as an IT contractor for 20yrs because job opportunities were limited in LA when I retired. Now 10 years retired, can't get wife to return. Still visit to shoot with friends and haul two ice chests filled with Cajun food after overdosing on beignets, crawfish, crabs, etc. Still carry my birth certificate for "native" Louisianan hunting/fishing license.

Not really motivating, funny, or sexy, but I wanted people to see this crap.

I guess we need a "sad but true" thread, or a "this shit makes me mad enough to do evil things" thread...

Don't watch this if you have poor impulse control. You'll destroy your computer.

I'm so ashamed of people... in general.

So why doesn't anyone show chihuahua puppies when they are only a day old? They look like field mice.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Sgt47
Not really motivating, funny, or sexy, but I wanted people to see this crap.

I guess we need a "sad but true" thread, or a "this shit makes me mad enough to do evil things" thread...

Don't watch this if you have poor impulse control. You'll destroy your computer.

I'm so ashamed of people... in general.

Can we get them to sign a document that says that they renounce their citizenship to begin deportation procedures?

Once in a while we just have to stand back in awe of our government.
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever - to 46 million people.
Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.