• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Furthest .308 win Kills

Re: Furthest .308 win Kills

My furthest was a whitetail doe at a lasered 496 yards on a dead calm, cold (10 degrees) November morning. 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip, 45.5 grains of Varget with an average MV of 2690fps. Both lungs, and the heart were shredded.

Have been trying to get a 600 yard shot on one but the opportunity just has not presented. Maybe this year.

Rob Opp

On a big game animal it would be a buck antelope at 920 meters 2.2 mil hold off for wind. Two witnesses, my cousin John and good friend Nick from Iowa. CB shot. Surgeon built .308 shooting 155 Scenars. Ranged with a Vectronics Vector. 5-25 S&B PMII.

My furthest kill was a javelina at 800 yards. It came out right next to the burm where we were shooting. I shot two in a row at this distance with a 155 scenar. This year I will be hunting with my .338 lapua and I will hopefully make some kills at over 1000 yards.

I am the Nick from Iowa that saw the 920 meter shot by PGS. It was awesome! but that 308 is just a boring round... grin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wjwill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6 pigs at 75 yards with a single round.

Filled a 2 liter coke bottle up with tannerite. Set it down and dumped corn over it, then shot it when the pigs were feeding.

Funniest thing I have ever seen in my life was pigs going airborne. </div></div>

I just choked on my drink......

I got a large Doe at 600 yds. Actually went shooting one morning and got all of my shit ready and there was a Doe licking the dew off my target stand @ 600. actually made a head shot too. it was too easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: acks280ack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am the Nick from Iowa that saw the 920 meter shot by PGS. It was awesome! but that 308 is just a boring round... grin </div></div>

920 yards with a .308 and a confirmed witness. That's impressive. Good job!

I do ADC work on a high fence exotic ranch nearby, he has a very large food plot on the land that coyotes are at every morning. The coyotes sit in a tree line across the plot and cut fawns from the does. From the mesquite tree I set under to the tree line is 538 lasered yards. I have made this shot about a dozen times from the prone using a PSS topped with an ST-10 using Black Hills 168gr A-Max at about 2,790FPS 0 value wind 35 deg temp(avg.). I tend to forget the misses, but I'll bet there have been a few.

I have yet to be able to call the coyotes more than about 10 yards out of the tree line so I gave up on doing so, and am content in this current tactic.

Chupa

that is impressive, especially since it was 920 meters not yards, that's about 1006 yards. too bad he can't teach us iowa boys to shoot that well:)!

480 yards on a coyote running.it was an accident but hey luck is a good thing to have.615yrds on a yoty standing still.ranged with leupold rx3 and confirmed with gps.175vld with 45.5 varget.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ground hog at a distance of near 2,700

inches. </div></div>

grin.gif
I resemble that....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my farthest kill...

18 paces...

why shoot any farther?? laffin'

-Wil </div></div>

I see you and I BOTH remember last fall
laugh.gif

last saturday morning koguy and myself went to smack some steel and found these two coyote pups. i drilled the first one with a 475yd first round hit to the melon with a 175smk. koguy nailed the other at the same distance with a 7wsm. cell phone pic...sorry

cid__0627090740a.jpg

What is the net wisdom as to best rounds for elk?