• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fvsr Build

Porter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2011
Ohio
Hey fellas I'm picking up my new Fvsr tomorrow. What ideas does everyone have for a build. I'm going to get a tacticool stock when ever they ship out. Figure I'd throw a bipod and optics on. What optics and rings are you guys running on your rimfires. This one will be picking off birds and squirrels along with some paper punching and steel ringing. My goals for optics would be an 8in-12plate from 100 and 200 yards. I know the 200 might be pushing it with this budget build. Looking to spend up to $250 for scope and rings

Thanks

Re: Fvsr Build

I don't have the FVSR, Mine is the TR , i used TPS Low rings and a Mueller APT. Really like the Mueller scope clear all the way up to 14 power best 180.00 i have ever spent on a scope.

007.jpg

Bushnell 10x with swfa or burris rings will land you 250 + shipping.

I am running a cheapie bushnell right now, but I have a swfa 6x mil/mil ordered with swfa rings, a camo laminate rimfire hunter stock which is back-ordered as well with a harris.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell 10x with swfa or burris rings will land you 250 + shipping.

I am running a cheapie bushnell right now, but I have a swfa 6x mil/mil ordered with swfa rings, a camo laminate rimfire hunter stock which is back-ordered as well with a harris. </div></div>

Seems like its gonna be a while before you get your build complete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Porter24</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rory_™</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bushnell 10x with swfa or burris rings will land you 250 + shipping.

I am running a cheapie bushnell right now, but I have a swfa 6x mil/mil ordered with swfa rings, a camo laminate rimfire hunter stock which is back-ordered as well with a harris. </div></div>

Seems like its gonna be a while before you get your build complete </div></div>
Boyds site says the stock will ship in 1-2 weeks, and the swfa scope should be through customs soon, but who knows.

Wasn't super impressed with it i bought a Truglow 6-24 with a mildot reticle. I think they sell around $100

I have a elite 3200 10x40 on my 17hmr and a swfa as 16x on my .233 I don't want to buy a junk scope for my 22 but also don't wanna break the bank

I like my BSA 4-14x44 FFP (which is supposedly built on the same line as the equivalent Falcon Menace, just $100 cheaper). Very usable reticle. Perpetually on sale for $250 from MidwayUSA. A good buy for that price.

+1 for the Weaver 3-10 mil/mil from Midway and I run mine with Weaver medium 6-hole tactical rings. bout $330 total

This is my FV-SR...there (evidently) are many like it but this one is mine:

IMG_9939.jpg

I am also a big fan of the Weaver 3-10x....

I plan on going to a Mueller APT since it focuses down to 25yd versus my current optic only going down to ~45yd.

Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44, 20MOA base, XTR low rings; FVSR bedded in Tacticool, SS Sparrow
Tacticoolbedding9.jpg

Going to pick up my fvsr tomorrow. Should have my bushnell elite 3200 soon also. I'm gonna shoot that way for a while before I upgrade my stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Porter24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to pick up my fvsr tomorrow. Should have my bushnell elite 3200 soon also. I'm gonna shoot that way for a while before I upgrade my stock</div></div>
You may have issues with the 3200, if you're talking about the popular 10x model, since it's a fixed 100yd parallax which is far from ideal for a .22. For a few bucks less you can get an APT 4-14x.