• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FYI - Atlas Bipods - Raider Cleats

Kasey

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 3, 2003
www.accu-shot.com
We get calls and links sent in to threads about Atlas bipods daily and recently we've seen the following statement - "I don't like Atlas bipods because the feet roll" - this is true of ONE authentic Atlas model, the V8 (BT10, BT10-NC and BT10-LW17) bipods. In 2014 we actually listened to SOCOM suggestions on this and created the the PSR model bipods that the feet do not roll and it was the Atlas PSR BT46-LW17 was awarded the PSR bipod contract with non-rotating feet. Then, as we never heard anyone complain about non-rotating feet, we incorporated that feature into the 5-H, CAL and SCAL models as well meaning, the feet DO NOT ROLL on these models.

So if you got an Atlas bipod before 2014, then yes the feet roll, after 2014, there are several Atlas bipod models with non-rotating feet. If you got an early Atlas and you did not like the feet rolling, thank you for giving our products a chance and if inclined to give us another, please try a PSR, 5-H, CAL or SCAL as thier feet are non-rotating.

Oh, and ALL fake, counterfeit, copies of the Atlas do roll as well. These fake, counterfeit and copies also break like it's their job.

And speaking of feet....we will be doing a SH intro special before August is over (yes, i know what you are thinking, and it is August 2020! :) ) !!

Last edited:
We get calls and links sent in to threads about Atlas bipods daily and recently we've seen the following statement - "I don't like Atlas bipods because the feet roll" - this is true of ONE authentic Atlas model, the V8 (BT10, BT10-NC and BT10-LW17) bipods. In 2014 we actually listened to SOCOM suggestions on this and created the the PSR model bipods that the feet do not roll and it was the Atlas PSR BT46-LW17 was awarded the PSR bipod contract with non-rotating feet. Then, as we never heard anyone complain about non-rotating feet, we incorporated that feature into the 5-H, CAL and SCAL models as well meaning, the feet DO NOT ROLL on these models.

So if you got an Atlas bipod before 2014, then yes the feet roll, after 2014, there are several Atlas bipod models with non-rotating feet. If you got an early Atlas and you did not like the feet rolling, thank you for giving our products a chance and if inclined to give us another, please try a PSR, 5-H, CAL or SCAL as thier feet are non-rotating.

Oh, and ALL fake, counterfeit, copies of the Atlas do roll as well. These fake, counterfeit and copies also break like it's their job.

And speaking of feet....we will be doing a SH intro special before August is over (yes, i know what you are thinking, and it is August 2020! :) ) !!

interesting info.. thanks for the update.

NM - just checked mine. must have been stuck but they roll like a bitch

Last edited:
we will be doing a SH intro special before August is over (

Do I need to hold off on buying another CAL Gen2?

Edit: Rereading it, sounds like this is going to be for a new type of foot, not a complete bipod.

Last edited:
really nice of you to offer this. I was strongly considering purchasing another set, mine are still ok but wearing down and wanted to have a nice spare.... will hold off till the new info.

Last edited:
Are those coming in the SH intro ?👀
Not sure... And I for one don't appreciate the secretive nature of his teaser, haha!

Sorry, been shopping for tripods lately & reading the latest on the Colorado one... Got TRIpods on the brain... Read no more into that.

Looking to buy my first Atlas... looks like I'll keep an eye on the thread at least until the end of the month.

No tripod guys, I made a gentlemans agreement with Michael at RRS that we'd not do so. (sorry J-Ham, but thanks just the same!)

This SH intro is not a new bipod, it's for shooters that are running an Atlas or another bipod with the Atlas feet adapters (footnote, we developed the plunger, push button feet and put it out there for the industry to use and adopt. It's humbling to see this happen.)
AnimalMother224 - then it's a V8 or worse, a counterfeit (yes they have been sold as legit, even to a tier 1 group!).
want2learn
Thanks, our rubber feet are good till the steel insert shows!
whiskeytower - Well, not actually a conversion but we do offer 50% of retail for your Atlas towards a new one. (What other company does this?! lol)

A while back, just for the heck of it, I mentioned to Kasey about my Atlas being tough for me to adjust the Cant, only because of my limited hand function. Today, I get a e-mail from him wanting me to send it to him, so he can look it over and maybe make it easier for me to use... THAT'S how you run a business! (y)

I’m confused, have a psr, and 5H with pushpin feet that don’t roll, does this mean someday they’ll roll?

interesting info.. thanks for the update.

NM - just checked mine. must have been stuck but they roll like a bitch
[

Was just about to order some Hawk Hill feet for my Scal . Now patiently awaiting! announcement from Kasey.🙃
Are we there yet?

Hmmm... I didn't realize you offered a trade-in program... I may take. you up on that offer.

Got 3 V8 and just get the rolling legs to my liking!

Reactions: Boxerglocker
My CAL is out for delivery, scary fast shipping, thank you! Looking forward to the intro.

bt74-atlas-raider-cleat-feet.jpg

Here is the SH Intro deal on our new Atlas “Raider Cleat” Feet. There are two sizes, the BT74 will fit the V8, PSR and CAL line of Atlas bipods and adapters that use our feet, the larger BT75 will fit the 5-H and SCAL Atlas bipods. They are turned from 416 Stainless Steel bar stock in one piece for durability and strength. The first production run of these should be coming off the machines mid-late September, the second run delivers 3-4 weeks after the first is delivered. Offer ends 9/7/2020 at midnight CST

BT74 – retail $69.95 – SH Intro – $55.00 with free shipping (domestic USA residents only)

BT75 – retail $84.95 – SH Intro – $70.00 with free shipping (domestic USA residents only)

• Raw stainless steel only.
  • Intro offer ends 9/7/2020 at midnight CST
  • FREE SHIPPING for domestic USA residents only
  • No other discounts apply
  • First come, First serve
  • Priority given to military & law enforcement
  • Order will show as “Back ordered”
  • You will be billed at time of placing your order (logistically, this is the best procedure for us to be able to make this offer.)

Please note, we will not ship partial orders with this offer.

When we have a new product to introduce, we do it here on Snipers Hide and this is the only time we offer such a discount. We’ve been doing this for 18 years as a token of our appreciation for Frank in creating this website and a way for us to give back to this community. We do not discount our products nor do we run sales and we expect all our dealers to sell at MAP the only exception is LEO and Military get 10% discount.

View attachment 7412670
Here is the SH Intro deal on our new Atlas “Raider Cleat” Feet. There are two sizes, the BT74 will fit the V8, PSR and CAL line of Atlas bipods and adapters that use our feet, the larger BT75 will fit the 5-H and SCAL Atlas bipods. They are turned from 416 Stainless Steel bar stock in one piece for durability and strength. The first production run of these should be coming off the machines mid-late September, the second run delivers 3-4 weeks after the first is delivered. Offer ends 9/7/2020 at midnight CST

BT74 – retail $69.95 – SH Intro – $55.00 with free shipping (domestic USA residents only)

BT75 – retail $84.95 – SH Intro – $70.00 with free shipping (domestic USA residents only)

• Raw stainless steel only.
  • Intro offer ends 9/7/2020 at midnight CST
  • FREE SHIPPING for domestic USA residents only
  • No other discounts apply
  • First come, First serve
  • Priority given to military & law enforcement
  • Order will show as “Back ordered”
  • You will be billed at time of placing your order (logistically, this is the best procedure for us to be able to make this offer.)

Please note, we will not ship partial orders with this offer.

When we have a new product to introduce, we do it here on Snipers Hide and this is the only time we offer such a discount. We’ve been doing this for 18 years as a token of our appreciation for Frank in creating this website and a way for us to give back to this community. We do not discount our products nor do we run sales and we expect all our dealers to sell at MAP the only exception is LEO and Military get 10% discount.

Ordered! Thanks, man!

Reactions: Kasey
Is there a SH price for the psr bipod?

Thanks for your interest, there was an SH Intro deal when it was first introduced years ago, but not today. Sorry. However, at full retail it remains a great value, solid, American made and built with a lifetime warranty and used by some pretty outstanding folks!

Thanks for your interest, there was an SH Intro deal when it was first introduced years ago, but not today. Sorry. However, at full retail it remains a great value, solid, American made and built with a lifetime warranty and used by some pretty outstanding folks!

No problem, I am still going to order one, just figured I'd ask beforehand.

Reactions: Kasey
Love my PSR’s
@Kasey other than being Stainless, how are these different than your spiked clear feet?
Any specific reasons you can articulate for one versus the other?

Love my PSR’s
@Kasey other than being Stainless, how are these different than your spiked clear feet?
Any specific reasons you can articulate for one versus the other?

Thank you for your business and that is a great question! We originally did the Cleats and Skis that rotate to accommodate the V8 with rotating legs eliminating orientation issues while maximizing surface contact. Then due to a customer suggestion, (Thanks Joe!) we added the Spike to the Cleats to get more aggressive "bite". Since the PSR models were introduced we started making non rotating feet such as the Spike and now the Raider Cleat. Choosing one over the other, I like the durability of stainless steel and the simplicity of the one piece design of the Raider Cleats. Part of our business models is to always improve..

Thank you for your business and that is a great question! We originally did the Cleats and Skis that rotate to accommodate the V8 with rotating legs eliminating orientation issues while maximizing surface contact. Then due to a customer suggestion, (Thanks Joe!) we added the Spike to the Cleats to get more aggressive "bite". Since the PSR models were introduced we started making non rotating feet such as the Spike and now the Raider Cleat. Choosing one over the other, I like the durability of stainless steel and the simplicity of the one piece design of the Raider Cleats. Part of our business models is to always improve..
I have a BT-10 and seem to be quite happy w it. Of course legs rotate.

What is the problem w rotating legs that the PRS solved?

The gun rolling if legs are all the way forward and rested ona barricade or the like? Or?

Thank you.

Good enough for me. Order 2 sets. Thanks Kasey!

Could t find on the website, how do we order? Or are we already too late! Thanks!

I figured I had missed something simple. Thank you

Good enough for me. Order 2 sets. Thanks Kasey!

Thank you!

I have a BT-10 and seem to be quite happy w it. Of course legs rotate.

What is the problem w rotating legs that the PRS solved?

The gun rolling if legs are all the way forward and rested ona barricade or the like? Or?

Thank you.

Thank you for your business! Well, the problem was just that, the legs (that the feet are attached to) would "roll" or "rotate" when the legs were deployed in either the 90 or 45 degree positions. The feedback from the USASOC PRS (Precision Sniper Rifle) committee requested non-rotating feet/legs. So we made that change along with 6 other changes and were awarded that contract with what is known as the Atlas PSR model.

Why are rolling feet a problem? It boils down to loading, you want those feet to "stick" not move. Even if loading light you dont want to feel as though you are pushing against water. What is wild, I shot the V7 prototype a TON and never experienced the feet rolling. When we went to V8, same process, shot it a ton, feet rolling did not even occur to be considered an issue! Bottom line, everyone shoots different, your running a V8 with success, spend your money on ammo.

Reactions: Baron23
Saw an Instagram post by, “the other guys” with a knock off JAE-G1 on full display. I guess they don’t actually know what it’s like to get their shit knocked off like that.
I called them out on it.

Saw an Instagram post by, “the other guys” with a knock off JAE-G1 on full display. I guess they don’t actually know what it’s like to get their shit knocked off like that.
I called them out on it.

Thank you. Please PM me details/link.

Reactions: Tokay444
Ordered a set of BT-74. Thank you for bringing this pre-order discount to us here and for all of your support. 👍 :D

Saw an Instagram post by, “the other guys” with a knock off JAE-G1 on full display.

Please have pity on me, I rode the short bus to school (LOL), but what is a JAE-G1?

Last edited:
No tripod guys, I made a gentlemans agreement with Michael at RRS that we'd not do so. (sorry J-Ham, but thanks just the same!)

This SH intro is not a new bipod, it's for shooters that are running an Atlas or another bipod with the Atlas feet adapters (footnote, we developed the plunger, push button feet and put it out there for the industry to use and adopt. It's humbling to see this happen.)
AnimalMother224 - then it's a V8 or worse, a counterfeit (yes they have been sold as legit, even to a tier 1 group!).
want2learn Thanks, our rubber feet are good till the steel insert shows!
whiskeytower - Well, not actually a conversion but we do offer 50% of retail for your Atlas towards a new one. (What other company does this?! lol)

Kasey please reconsider the bipod thing. I have purchased many of your bipods over the years because they are a great value for what you get. I bet you could produce an awesome bipod in the 500-600 range which allows us to purchase multiple at a time like your bipods. Looking for value added like your proven bipods..... not a damn engagement ring type purchase.

Ordered a set of BT-74. Thank you for bringing this pre-order discount to us here and for all of your support. 👍 :D

Please have pity on me, I rode the short bus to school (LOL), but what is a JAE-G1?
This might be a G2 or even a G3...
5AF4C66C-3EBE-4DD0-9D8B-7BDD9324CCF7.jpeg

Reactions: madppcs
I think maybe a clean-up and simplification of your product naming conventions will help people understand the OP's point. It took watching an entire YouTube video to understand what the difference was between your products and that shouldn't be necessary.

I think maybe a clean-up and simplification of your product naming conventions will help people understand the OP's point. It took watching an entire YouTube video to understand what the difference was between your products and that shouldn't be necessary.

I'm actually the OP if OP still stands for "Original Post", I'm always open to suggestions and ideas.

Regarding the "product naming conventions" First, I love that term and this is the first I've heard it. Second, part of the challenge here at B&T is I'm uneducated and do what makes sense to me which rarely makes sense to others... Third, and to your point, in this case, somewhere around 55 products it dawned on me the "system"(aka product naming conventions) is maybe not the best. However, we have 20 years of this system and to change existing packaging, website, Youtube videos (done as a supplement to the product descriptions on our website), Customer and Dealer knowledge seems to be a bridge too far. For me. You are welcome to enlighten me as we might be too close to the forest to see the trees. Sincerely, I want to make it easy as possible for someone to make a decision on which Atlas bipod best fits their needs.

This might be a G2 or even a G3...
View attachment 7414009
Ah, the light went on....and I actually own a couple of JAE-700's. 😅

I'm just becoming an old goof (or already am LOL)

I misread this :
Saw an Instagram post by, “the other guys” with a knock off JAE-G1 on full display.

to mean that the JAE-G1 term was being used in reference to bipods.

Are there really knock-off J Allen chassis??? Wow, I would think they would be very hard to produce and not be obvious.

I'm not familiar with JAE-100's...is that one pictured above a knock-off?

There is, on this forum, a reply from Lisa of JAE that they cut in improvements incrementally and not bundle them into generations. I believe you can see on the JAE-700 that the ones with the indentation (bracketed by two screws...like for mounting a quiver or...) are post weight reduction models and there is a diff in the mag collet. And "added a pad to the cage but I have chassis with both an A and B marking and I don't really know what she was referring to with this.

Here it is:

And if I may trouble you further....whose bi-pod is in that picture, please?

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
I'm actually the OP if OP still stands for "Original Post", I'm always open to suggestions and ideas.

Regarding the "product naming conventions" First, I love that term and this is the first I've heard it. Second, part of the challenge here at B&T is I'm uneducated and do what makes sense to me which rarely makes sense to others... Third, and to your point, in this case, somewhere around 55 products it dawned on me the "system"(aka product naming conventions) is maybe not the best. However, we have 20 years of this system and to change existing packaging, website, Youtube videos (done as a supplement to the product descriptions on our website), Customer and Dealer knowledge seems to be a bridge too far. For me. You are welcome to enlighten me as we might be too close to the forest to see the trees. Sincerely, I want to make it easy as possible for someone to make a decision on which Atlas bipod best fits their needs.

Part of my career involves helping companies maximize their customer experience to maximize revenue. That includes series and generation product naming conventions (part of branding). I'll tell you resting on what you did for 20 years is leaving money on the table, guaranteed. You're naming a relatively simple product like they're small parts for a nuclear ICBM. You can have your part numbers -- the customer doesn't need to know them.

It's the Atlas PSR... that's it. The Atlas PSR is the bipod available in short or tall with or without an included picatinny rail mount.

Not the Atlas BT46-NC PSR or BT46-LW17 PSR and so forth.

Let customers add features to the "Atlas PSR Series of bipods" in your website UI. For resellers, they should be instructed to set their website up accordingly like they do with colors and flavors of other products. If they can't handle that, then you can use model numbers that are clearer like AtlasPSR-Picatinny-Short.

Then if they get a pic rail mount with it (the LW17) then, in your customers eye's, they just bought the Atlas PSR with short legs and an included Picatinny Rail mount. See what I'm saying?