• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JAE Gen1 vs Gen2 Chassis?

chris514scott

New to the sport and anxious to learn
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2009
Oklahoma
Im looking to buy a JAE 700 SA Chassis. Upon browsing the used market I see that some chassis are listed as the lighter new version. Is the weight the only difference? Is there a way to tell a Gen1 from a Gen2 just by looking at pictures? Thanks for the help guys.

I didn't know or think there is a Gen 2 version of the JAE 700. I know there are different generations of the JAE 100 stocks. The newer JAE 100s are lighter and thinner.

Hey guys. Here's the info I received from Lisa.

It has been a couple years since we took weight out of our chassis (went from about 6.5 lbs to about 5.76 lbs). I will creat a photo comparison and send it to you to show how to tell which version it it.

About a year and a half ago, we changed the design on our front magazine collet. On the top rear of the chassis, it will say 700-B if it has this new collet.

We are continuously making running changes/improvements and in January 2017, we added a rear pad in the back of the new cages for more action support. On the cage, there is a code. It will say something like this: K70S0117. The last 4 digits are the month and year that the cage was made.

Our new accessories that we have released, Arca Rails & Night Vision Mount, and soon Bag Rider, will fit all of the JAE-700 chassis that we have ever made (over last 6 years).

Let me work on the photo of the lighter vs heavier and get it over to you.

Thanks, Lisa

Attachments

• received_1600389990079625.jpeg
    received_1600389990079625.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 224
Yep.. that's a good summary from Lisa. They can replace cages if needed. I have the "old" chassis (heavier) but latest rev cage.. replaced last summer. Doesn't affect overall weight.

Going to be selling it soon if you're interested. PM me if you'd like more details.