• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

FYI: Brownells, Sinclair Intl System down

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
I placed an order with Sinclair Intl on 09/30/11 for 4 boxes of Hornday .30 cal 208 gr Amax. I received the package yesterday, but I found that they had shipped 3 boxes of the 208 gr Amax and 1 box of the 208 gr BTHP Match. No big issue, so I called first thing this morning. The nice lady told me that their computer system was down (and had been down since Tuesday afternoon), so she has to wait until it is back online to even start to look into the issue. They also had no idea how long it will remain down. I'm in no rush, but I wanted to give you guys a heads-up if you're looking to order from Brownell's or Sinclair, there might be a delay in getting your order out.

As a post script, I have never had any issue with Brownells in the past and will continue to order from them in the future. Computers are fallible and go down unexpectedly. This is in no way a bitch session or slam at Brownells.

Re: FYI: Brownells, Sinclair Intl System down

Huck, I'm in the same boat. No word yet on when the order will go through. Strange cause Brownells was so reliable- you could set your watch by them. Guess computers crap out everywhere.

I've been ordering from Precision Reloading, after I found their link on Accurate Shooting's site. Sinclair has a huge product offering, but seemed like so much of the stuff I want is "out of stock"

We handloaders are stupid lucky to have so many excellent retailers. And no nock against Sinclair at all.

Shooting buddy of mine had same issue, ordered 208 A-max but got 208 BTHP Match. He opened box and inside was A-max.

Regardless, I'm sure Brownell's will take take of you.

I ordered some parts to get here when the gun they go on arrives and they are both late. Brownell's is refunding my expedited shipping and some kid in a warehouse somewhere is playing with my pistol.

We are shipping some orders, but our system is not up to 100% capacity at this time. For orders placed with us from 10/4 to 10/7, the easiest way to check if your order was shipped is to check with your bank or credit card to see if your card was charged. If you were charged, then your order was shipped and you will be receiving tracking information soon. If you have not yet been billed, then we are still working through your order. We <span style="font-weight: bold">sincerely</span> apologize for the inconveniences this has caused.

Update:

I waited for the dust to settle and called back today about rectifying my order. They are shipping out my Amax's and are going to credit me for the postage to return the incorrect product. Can't ask for better treatment by the guy I spoke with (Ron).

Now back to business.