• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing FYI- Harbor freight sandblaster on sale

cal50

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
http://fwd4.me/12Hi

Even less with the 20% coupon in the American Rifleman magazine. Its a good blaster when swapping the gun with a TP tools gun with real nozzles.

Blaster.jpg

Re: FYI- Harbor freight sandblaster on sale

What gun and tips are you using, I have the HF cabinet but would like to upgrade my gun.

Your link page has malicious code.

Don't click on it unless you have decent monitoring software.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwoGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your link page has malicious code.

Don't click on it unless you have decent monitoring software. </div></div>

Worked fine for me...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TwoGun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your link page has malicious code.

Don't click on it unless you have decent monitoring software. </div></div>

????????????????

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedDog1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What gun and tips are you using, I have the HF cabinet but would like to upgrade my gun.</div></div>

I just picked up this same cabinet this past weekend. I read a lot of reviews and was recommended this upgrade kit for the gun and pickup. I've got one coming, should be here soon. http://www.tptools.com/p/2320,22_USA-Cabinet-Gun-and-Pickup-Tube-Upgrade-Kit.html

thanks for the link, ive been needing to order a cabinet for work and this should do nicely

Harbor Freight has saved my butt more than once. You're getting what you pay for but in a pinch or purely for budget use they're great to have around. I don't need a blasting cabinet at the moment but anyone who's on the fence about HF, I'd call em gtg. Everyone at my local store is very friendly and helpful even if they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. F for eFfort!

I would suggest getting a caulking gun and a tube of RTV silicone and doing all the seams and bolts as you put it together. That combined with a poor mans dust collector will keep you blasting and happy.

DIY dust collector-

http://fwd4.me/0j77

or

The Dust deputy
(I purchased one and have not tried it yet.)

http://fwd4.me/12Sd

I have one of these and use it regularly. The only minor complaint was the light bulbs died after a couple of weeks.

It was easy to assemble and does what I need it to do.

I hate to be an ass but why do you support companies like this when we have fairly cheap blasters made right here in the states. 90% of people complain about the economy then go shopping at HF. I am sorry but it doesnt make any sense to have a sweet $3000-$10,000 gun and have a POS cabinet. No I dont that you only use it 3 times a year....BUY AMERICAN!

Just my two pennies!

Who makes a Sand blaster cab in the US? Just curious... I looked and could not find one...

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David Taylor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who makes a Sand blaster cab in the US? Just curious... I looked and could not find one...

Dave</div></div>

Dave,

Bad Boy Blasters and Skat Blast (TP tools) are both made in Ohio. I am sure there are others but those are the two I am fimilar with.

Cool thanks. I like to get US stuff when I can... Once in a while the $ diff means the yes or no but ya do what ya can...

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milan Metal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to be an ass but why do you support companies like this when we have fairly cheap blasters made right here in the states. 90% of people complain about the economy then go shopping at HF. I am sorry but it doesnt make any sense to have a sweet $3000-$10,000 gun and have a POS cabinet. No I dont that you only use it 3 times a year....BUY AMERICAN!

Just my two pennies! </div></div>

Well I could not drive to pick up a USA made cabinet near me for the same cost so its the harbor freight special. Believe it or not the cabinet works well and is far from a POS once the blast gun is swapped out.

Blast cabinets are not rocket science.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cal50</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Milan Metal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hate to be an ass but why do you support companies like this when we have fairly cheap blasters made right here in the states. 90% of people complain about the economy then go shopping at HF. I am sorry but it doesnt make any sense to have a sweet $3000-$10,000 gun and have a POS cabinet. No I dont that you only use it 3 times a year....BUY AMERICAN!

Just my two pennies! </div></div>

Well I could not drive to pick up a USA made cabinet near me for the same cost so its the harbor freight special. Believe it or not the cabinet works well and is far from a POS once the blast gun is swapped out.

Blast cabinets are not rocket science. </div></div>

Not the same cost? of course it is not the same cost it is a POS made in China! Harbor freight is cheap junk and that is the end of that. If it was good you wouldnt be changing parts out with American made ones. Now if you just dont have the money that is one thing but to be cheap is completely different. I will gladly spend $200 extra to keep our money here.

All I am saying is dont support the people that are putting you and I out of a job. I dont know about you but I know a lot of people that are out of work due to your China made junk. Even if you want to shop there why give them free advertisement on a website that has a lot of US verterans or active duty military. Maybe you are a verteran...I have no idea.

In either case I just want to say support the people, support our troops, support our economy and support our country! GOD BLESS THE USA!

I'M OUT....

I would spend 200 more for a made in the USA product. But to get a large cabinet of the same size you have to spend 4x, 5x the money from the companies listed above.

Reality is if you want to have a product made here it costs much, much more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would spend 200 more for a made in the USA product. But to get a large cabinet of the same size you have to spend 4x, 5x the money from the companies listed above.

Reality is if you want to have a product made here it costs much, much more. </div></div>

Must not have looked hard enough.....

http://www.tptools.com/p/432,367_780-TL-Top-Load-Abrasive-Blast-Cabinet.html

Bad Boy blasters are not made in the USA, unless they have changed. I was considering buying a cabinet blaster from them a few years ago and emailed them to find out where they are made. I was told they where made overseas. Their ads and website are kind of deceptive, making you think their stuff is American made. Now this may have changed since I was in contact with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPDRAGSTER257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bad Boy blasters are not made in the USA, unless they have changed. I was considering buying a cabinet blaster from them a few years ago and emailed them to find out where they are made. I was told they where made overseas. Their ads and website are kind of deceptive, making you think their stuff is American made. Now this may have changed since I was in contact with them. </div></div>

I spoke with them a while back (6 months ago) and they told me they where made here. I am going to email them again to make sure they are. If not they can kick rocks too!

Thanks for the info.