• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD GA Precision 6/6.5 Creedmoor barreled action(3 barrels) PRICE DROP

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Closed this out in December but figured I would drop it back up to see if anyone is interested now that Christmas is over. LOL

I have a rifle originally built by GA Precision as a 6.5 Creedmoor but was rebarreled by Bartlein with two 6mm Creedmoor barrels. The previous 6.5 Creedmoor barrel will be included with 2613 rounds on it but still accurate. Only reason I am possibly selling is that I have two other rifles both with 6.5 and 6 Creed barrels and don't really need a third. Just selling the barreled action. Pic below of the barreled action and other barrels. Round count book also included.

One thing to add though is while the screw hole spacing and foot print of the Templar is 700 based the front of the action is a little longer than a standard 700. Below is a pic of my 700 based action on left and the Templar on right. You can see it's maybe .2" longer. Not a real big deal with most 700 footprint chassis or stocks but might require a little fitting/bedding work around lug. Just wanted to be above board on everything. If someone wanted the Manners T3 stock and Badger Ordnance DBM seen in pic send me a PM and we can discuss price.

The barreled action(including trigger) and two other barrels for $1900 $1800 shipped to your FFL or $1800 $1700 local in NC. Check or money order only. No electronic Paypal or the like. PM with any questions. I can get other pics if someone is interested. Will sell the whole rifle with two spare barrels for $2200 shipped $2125 local. It's a custom rifle with the best parts for cost of a high end factory rifle. Would make a great hunting rifle. Not overly heavy and plenty of barrels. Could hunt with the 6.5 and shoot matches with the 6mms. ;)

Specs:
GAP Templar action with 20 MOA base
Timney 510 trigger set at about 1.5 pounds
2- 28" Bartlein 7.7 twist med palma 6mm Creedmoor barrels with SAAMI .183 freebore chambers. One new unfired barrel and one with 568 logged rounds
1- 27" Bartlein 8 twist med palma 6.5 Creedmoor barrel with SAAMI .199 freebore chamber and 2613 logged rounds on it
PVA Jet Blast brake

IMG_2276 (2).JPG

IMG_2278.JPG

IMG_2038.jpg

NRL3a.jpg

Last edited:
Added some new pictures.

BTT any questions drop a PM.

I have an original Templar chassis available- or a burnt bronze MPA I may be willing to swap out if someone needs to make this rifle whole. Great barreled action- I added a switch lug to mine and have 6/.25 and 6.5 creed barrels for it.

Attachments

• E12752DA-2EED-4673-A757-1DEBF5227F81.png
    E12752DA-2EED-4673-A757-1DEBF5227F81.png
    2 MB · Views: 164
I have an original Templar chassis available- or a burnt bronze MPA I may be willing to swap out if someone needs to make this rifle whole. Great barreled action- I added a switch lug to mine and have 6/.25 and 6.5 creed barrels for it.

The recoil lug is pinned so no need to add anything to make it a switch barrel as this one is set up that way with the three barrels that are available.

Thanks for the AW mag info.

Reactions: GT40MkI
The recoil lug is pinned so no need to add anything to make it a switch barrel as this one is set up that way with the three barrels that are available.

Thanks for the AW mag info.
10-4, I just wanted the convenience of a set screw instead of lugging around a barrel vise and torque wrench.

Back up and remember if you wanted the Manners T3 and Badger Ordnance DBM package as a complete rifle we can work out something that will be a good deal.

I am sure GAP would be able to answer that AW question.

6 Creed barrels were installed by Bartlein. The 6.5 was by GAP.

The action itself probably has 8500 rounds through it as that was the third 6.5 barrel on it so it's just broken in. ;) Seriously though I have a 700 action that has north or 70,000 rounds on it so I am sure the Templar has a lot more life in it.

Reactions: bas402
I am sure GAP would be able to answer that AW question.

6 Creed barrels were installed by Bartlein. The 6.5 was by GAP.

The action itself probably has 8500 rounds through it as that was the third 6.5 barrel on it so it's just broken in. ;) Seriously though I have a 700 action that has north or 70,000 rounds on it so I am sure the Templar has a lot more life in it.
Thanks Rob, I really can’t believe this isn’t sold already. I will call GA and check on it.

Reactions: Rob01
Thanks Rob, I really can’t believe this isn’t sold already. I will call GA and check on it.

I can't either. LOL Sounds good. Let me know so others will know even if you don't end up getting it. Thanks.

BTT. Not sure why no one wants this. I see single barreled actions going for the same price.

Reactions: Stevebouf328
Where in NC are you? What kind of groups are you currently getting out of the 6.5 barrel?
Near Raleigh.

I put an ATS Tuner on the 6.5 Barrel at about 2300 rounds and tuned it and it shot this 5 shot group below with a 6th bullet hole as the aiming point. That is factory ammo. The worst tuned factory ammo was at 1/2 MOA. I didn't shoot it without the tuner up to the point I pulled it and put the 6 Creed barrel on it that is on it now.

IMG_0752.JPG