• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision Current Lead Times 9/18/14 update

KLin

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 7, 2010
KC MO
Hello All,

As of today (9/18/14), Our current lead time estimates are as follows for our rifles and services:

Xtreme Hunter : 6 months

Thunder Ranch : 6 months

Hospitaller : 6 months

Gladius : 6 months

Non Typical : 4 months

Non Typical with McMillan or Manners stock upgrade: 10 Months

The Crusader : 6 months

Rock : 8 months

G.A. Precision GAP-10 : 10 months

*9/18: GAP 10: being shorted parts is continuing to be an issue for timely delivery of rifles. We are still in the early-mid October 2013 order dates for rifles being completed.

FBI HRT Rifle : 6 months

Mil Spec (M40a1-a5, M24): 10 months

USMC M40A1

USMC M40A3

USMC M40A5

US Army M-24 Sniper Rifle

Most Barreled actions: 2 months *Surgeon has now made actions available for sale*

Full Custom Bolt-action rifle: 5 months if all parts are provided, 10 months if parts need to be ordered.

Services: (a full list of Services - GA Precision )

Install new barrel, customer provided bbl blank and action: 2 months

Thread Jobs/Install muzzle device: 2 weeks

Bedding: 1 month

Bolt knobs Remington or Winchester/FN: 2 weeks

Install Badger M5 DBM: 1 week

Cerakote: 2 weeks

Please feel free to check out our rifles ready-to-ship for instant joy.

Rifles Ready to Ship

Last edited:
I ordered a gap 10 upper Dec 12th. Would that get done any faster then a complete rifle? I read in another thread some rifles are being held up by triggers and magpul parts.

I ordered a gap 10 upper Dec 12th. Would that get done any faster then a complete rifle? I read in another thread some rifles are being held up by triggers and magpul parts.

Cloudy,

The GAP 10 uppers have been quoted with same lead time as full builds--Only difference being that there are fewer vendors involved so they should have a smoother production than complete rifles.

Ordered my NT w/ McMillan 8 months ago. Looking forward to it's arrival.

Ordered my NT w/ McMillan 8 months ago. Looking forward to it's arrival.

McMillan Hunters Edge have been running slightly longer in some cases due to their production cycle, but please email me at [email protected] and I'll check on your status (you're already at the estimated due date).

Ken
One request/suggestion. I know as the title says this thread is lead time for new orders, but is there anyway you can post what period of orders that have been placed are shipping or going to ship for their respective model?

I know there have been posts by George that there have been staff added to get Gap 10's out sooner than expected, but now there are supply issues with parts suppliers.

I know as one of the many anxious who are awaiting their order would love to know if our rifle is going to be coming early, on time or later than expected.

Ken
One request/suggestion. I know as the title says this thread is lead time for new orders, but is there anyway you can post what period of orders that have been placed are shipping or going to ship for their respective model?

I know there have been posts by George that there have been staff added to get Gap 10's out sooner than expected, but now there are supply issues with parts suppliers.

I know as one of the many anxious who are awaiting their order would love to know if our rifle is going to be coming early, on time or later than expected.

Hi M,

I will keep this thread updated on vendor stock issues and provide best impression of possible delays in production timelines.

We ask all our customers to expect the lead time estimates located at the top right hand corner of their work orders---I understand many of our customers are trying to budget for delivery--if rifles are completed before the estimate and our customer is not ready to accept delivery---don't sweat it, just let us know when you are.

I would not suggest any changes orders at this time to speed up delivery.

That's what I call great customer service. There is nothing worse than waiting on a build without some type of response or a timeline. It's great to be informed!

Would a Bartlein #4 and a Surgeon SA fall under "Most Barreled actions"?

Would a Bartlein #4 and a Surgeon SA fall under "Most Barreled actions"?

unfortunately no-- We generally stock Bartlein's 3, 13, and 14. rarely have stock of 4 ( Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Contours ). Additionally, Surgeon actions are hard to come-by because of high demand for their in-house builds.

Have you considered the GAP Templar V2 action (Deviant from Defiance: Deviant Action « Defiance Machine ) if an integral recoil lug and scope base are attractive features for you.

unfortunately no-- We generally stock Bartlein's 3, 13, and 14. rarely have stock of 4 ( Bartlein Barrels, Inc. - Contours ). Additionally, Surgeon actions are hard to come-by because of high demand for their in-house builds.

Have you considered the GAP Templar V2 action (Deviant from Defiance: Deviant Action « Defiance Machine ) if an integral recoil lug and scope base are attractive features for you.

Appreciate the feedback Ken. I will check out the Deviant action.

Waiting on my stock to be painted for my 6.5 SAUM. I can't wait to get this one to the range. Thanks George for getting all the guns back so quick! Redding can't even get them to the range before another one shows up.

GAP .308 with Surgeon 591 action and Bartlein barrel, Manners T3 stock finally here

Just brought my new gap home during R&R. Head back overseas tomorrow, but will try and get pics up soon after I put on the glass. The build took just over 8 months

Got my TTR on 3/22. 7 months and 1 day, from date of order. Very close to est time and well worth the wait.

Took a call from Dustin yesterday. GAP10 is nearly complete. Sent my can to be tuned for the gas block today. Ordered Nov 16th. Not to much longer:)

.308/20"/Badger FTE/DMR trigger/Magpul PRS/finished in Magpul Green

Annie from GAP called. Rifle is complete(Apr 18).

Last edited:
Took a call from Dustin yesterday. GAP10 is nearly complete. Sent my can to be tuned for the gas block today. Ordered Nov 16th. Not to much longer:)

.308/20"/Badger FTE/DMR trigger/Magpul PRS/finished in Magpul Green

My order was pretty much the same except 22" fluted barrel, thunderbeast qd brake, and all black. Ordered 10/10... still waiting.

My NonTypical was ordered 10/19 and shipped on Friday. It's my first custom ordered rifle. Can't wait!
Thanks Ken!

I finally get to join the patiently waiting for a GAP club. I placed my order for a 300 WM barreled action with Ken this afternoon. This is going to be harder than waiting for a supressor!

Anyone from GA have an update on GAP-10's? Orders from a month after mine are going out and I'm not hearing anything. I'm starting to get really anxious.

Thanks

Anyone from GA have an update on GAP-10's? Orders from a month after mine are going out and I'm not hearing anything. I'm starting to get really anxious.

Thanks

Probably a part supply thing, We have Magpul Black, But waiting on OD and TAN, Switchblocks are 2 -3 weeks out as well. So we are finishing and shipping rifles that can be finished, and some are passed buy that are still waiting on certian options where parts are on backorder. Good thing is it looks like most of the AR suppliers are getting caught up.

Probably a part supply thing, We have Magpul Black, But waiting on OD and TAN, Switchblocks are 2 -3 weeks out as well. So we are finishing and shipping rifles that can be finished, and some are passed buy that are still waiting on certian options where parts are on backorder. Good thing is it looks like most of the AR suppliers are getting caught up.

Thanks, that what I wanted to know.

Exciting to hear our GAP-10's are getting close. I do have the Noveske switch block on mine and If I remember you do too R6H? I've got a birthday in the middle of May and can't think of a better gift.

Thanks for the update George.

Ordered a Nontypical on 2 Nov 2012 and got the email yesterday that my rifle was ready, way earlier than expected, thanks GAP

GAP -10 , Guys we got Magpull FDE PRS's in so the flow is moving again, Moe grips are now on backorder so we are just using what we can get, Mixtrure of Ergo, Blackhawk, Magpull, I cant see holding up a build for the grip.

Sheri from Noveske emailed and said switchblocks were 2-3 weeks away.

George, you guys rock, I'm very excited to see that the GAP-10's are getting moved up from the 10 months I was quoted in Feb when I ordered to a hopeful 6 months (depending on parts availablity, I know.) Thanks for the updates, much appreciated.

T-Roy,
shitty pic with a gopro, only had a day with her before i left. any who, glass forthcoming. bartlein 22", 1-11.25 twist, surgeon 591 action, manners t3 chassis, stock is ATACS camo. should be back in aug, will have the scope waiting for me.

GAP308.jpg

Hello All,

As of today (4/18/13), Our current lead time estimates are as follows for our rifles and services:

Hospitaller: 6 months

Ken,

I just ordered my Hospitaller today from Dustin. Thank you for the information you all post on this forum. It was very helpful in my decision to go with GA Precision. That and my hero Chris Kyle respected your work. I look forward to receiving my rifle in about 6 months or so.

Hi Skkeeter, gave you a shout on PM--

We do not allow change orders, but consider placing an order for an additional upper-- we are currently running approximately the same timeframe for solo uppers as full builds.

Does anyone from Gnats A$$ P have an update on orders? I've got a late Nov. 2012 order of a GAP-10 and I'm about to spill over with anticipation.

Haha. That's not the news I was looking for! I'm happy for you and jealous at the same time. Hopefully soon!

Ken,George, and the guys at GAPrecision your the best! I just got my 260 back today and it looks awesome
Also a big thank-you for supporting the Snipers Hide Cup.
Dan

Just finalized my order for a 338LM with Ken today - provided the AX chassis - all other parts were in stock. Let the 6 month wait time begin. Although as much grief as I put Ken through (How about this color? What do you think of this barrel contour? I think I want to change my muzzle brake. And the list goes on...) he probably needs to keep the thing for a year. You're a good man Ken!

After a year of waiting the M40 is here! EXACTLY what I had in Iraq, right down to the PWS marking on the barrel. Picture thread to fallow. Thank you Ken, you've earned a lifetime customer.

Ken,

Can you build a switch barrel .308/7WSM with the Deviant like you can with the Surgeon?