• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For starters what changed in 2011 to make them better rifles now? Secondly as to operator error, it seems I can shoot well enough with my guns listed previous down to .55 moa. So if its operator error it would have to be along the lines of voodoo and praying to the GAP gods for the bullets to fly true. If the new GAP 10's are better thats great but I am reluctant to shell out the cash required for one when my last one did not meet my expectations.
Pat </div></div>

Appreciate your thoughts and I don't think this is the time nor place to continue this aspect of the thread.

Please feel free to add or contribute to any other thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For starters what changed in 2011 to make them better rifles now? Secondly as to operator error, it seems I can shoot well enough with my guns listed previous down to .55 moa. So if its operator error it would have to be along the lines of voodoo and praying to the GAP gods for the bullets to fly true. If the new GAP 10's are better thats great but I am reluctant to shell out the cash required for one when my last one did not meet my expectations.
Pat </div></div>

See here's where you've gone wrong. Even after you were told by a moderator to move on, you still feel compelled to bring it up and dwell on it as if you're looking for closure or resolve. You refer to GAP people as "Apologist"(you spelled it wrong earlier btw) and yet you get no apology. Your sentiments or lack their of were noted. You should find closure in that before a moderator pops on and finds closure for you. Just some advice...

I am new to shooting a precision rifle. My first is the GAP-10. I am not a stranger to shooting rifles as I have been an avid hunter since 1995. About four years ago I got into bow hunting and have not practiced much with a rifle. I have wanted a precision rifle since I found this site. You guys are very informative. Thanks by the way. I was wanting to buy a bolt but decided a semi was more up my alley since the only rifles I had been shooting with any normality were my ARs (and not enough at that). I have only shot the rifle on two occasions and have only fired 3 shot groups. That being said, I have shot 9 groups with one at a 1/4 inch and four others hovering around 1/2 inch. The others were just over an inch and were poor due to me being the problem. With more trigger time I feel that this rifle will be more than accurate enough to reach Gap's guarantee. Just my $.02.

Oh, and by the way, thank you George and Ken for your excellent product. There will be a bolt gun in my future from you guys. I am truly impressed with what you deliver to your customers. This includes the final product and your professional customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For starters what changed in 2011 to make them better rifles now? Secondly as to operator error, it seems I can shoot well enough with my guns listed previous down to .55 moa. So if its operator error it would have to be along the lines of voodoo and praying to the GAP gods for the bullets to fly true. If the new GAP 10's are better thats great but I am reluctant to shell out the cash required for one when my last one did not meet my expectations.
Pat </div></div>

See here's where you've gone wrong. Even after you were told by a moderator to move on, you still feel compelled to bring it up and dwell on it as if you're looking for closure or resolve. Your sentiments or lack their of were noted. You should find closure in that before a moderator pops on and finds closure for you. Just some advice...
</div></div>

That's OK, if he posts in this thread again, he'll find closure and move along...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is all scoped up and ready for hopefully a range session tomorrow. </div></div>

I actually like that color choice. I'm surprised you didn't go a step further and do it on the whole rifle. The Navy EOD MK 14 MOD 0 was done in similar trim and it looked incredible.

Pat </div></div>

Dude, we get that you weren't happy with your GAP-built upper but obviously people here are happy with their rifles...give it a rest. Go outside and have a beer or something...

Just got back from a quick trip to the range and I can say I am very happy with my rifle. Only shot 40 rounds of factory 168 AMAX but was keeping groups between .5-.75 and had no problems ringing my 4" steel at 400 yards. I can tell that i haven't been behind a semi auto in a while though. I need to practice some more and get used to the trigger.

Going to clean it now and hopefully next time will go out with some handloads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She is all scoped up and ready for hopefully a range session tomorrow. We will see if I can make it happen!! Iknow she will be a shooter.

GAP10-10.jpg

GAP10-20.jpg

GAP10-30.jpg
</div></div>

Tony, are yours and Rob's rifles old POF's that were redone by GAP? The NP3 and old handguard is why I ask.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How did you like the trigger?</div></div>

It was my own POF lower. It has a Chip McCormick trigger in it.

Matt, yes they are.

DSCN0067.jpg

Here is my new GAP in 6.5 MM Creedmoor with a 22" barrel. I haven't shot it yet but after I do I will provide a range report. I have been shooting the fatory 6.5 Creedmoor for about two years now, I like it alot. This will be my first semi auto in 6.5 MM CM. I have both the 120's and 140's that I am going to try.

Just got mine today. Also got news that my 5-20 SWFA has shipped. It's going to be a great day at the range sometime next week!

YyrPt.jpg

The GAP is a .308 with a 20" barrel. The only modifications I asked for was the PRS stock and the Titan brake. It has an Atlas V8.1 bipod on the front and an Aadmount on top waiting for a scope.

The mount is a rock solid one piece. I have the American Defense mount on the Sig 556 (behind it in the pics) and the Aadmount just feels so much more solid. I was worried it was going to be too high but when I find my natural point of aim I still have plenty of room left on the PRS cheekpad. I would highly recommend the Aadmount if you do not need the quick detach feature.

Edit: Here's another pic of my new baby

zL4oD.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskapopo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
For starters I owned mine from 2002 to 2009.I sent it back to the factory twice. It never shot as good as I would have hoped. It was just under MOA with Federal match. (around .89 or so for 5 shot groups)
Secondly 3 shot groups mean nothing. You need to shoot at least 5 to 10 shot groups to see what your rifle is capable of. Also it took you 25 shots to get a good group, your cherry picking. Tell us the average and show pictures.
Here was my rifle I have since sold it and will not buy another GAP AR10, my next .308 auto will be a Larue. I may try one of GAP's bolt guns as the ones I have seen shot as advertized.
GAPAR10.jpg

I measure accuracy by an average of several 5 shot groups not just the best one in 25 shots.
For example with my new Remington 700
Remington700.jpg

N140load.jpg

With my Larue Stealth 5.56
LarueStealth.jpg

Laruegroups4-27-10.jpg

</div></div>

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying is that if some widgets are blue, and all blue widgets are round, then all round widgets must be blue. Is that right?

does anyone else have trouble removing the cam pin?
mine keeps hitting the gas key. I guess i could get the dremel out.....

Don't Dremel it, just finesse it. Mine is awful close, and it usually takes a lot of positioning and wiggling to get it out, but it will come out as is.

My rear takedown pin (between the upper and lower receiver) on the other hand takes some serious encouragement to get it to move.

I haven't seen any photos w/ the 16.5 inch barrel. I would like to be able to see the different lengths for comparison if someone has the time to put up a couple photos. Also, for owners of the 16.5" how does it balance and have you noticed any difference in accuracy at longer ranges?
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earthtrekker1775</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen any photos w/ the 16.5 inch barrel. I would like to be able to see the different lengths for comparison if someone has the time to put up a couple photos. Also, for owners of the 16.5" how does it balance and have you noticed any difference in accuracy at longer ranges?
Thanks </div></div>

Balance is fine on the 16.5".

Rings steel at 800yards no problem.

What an idiot.. first off comparing the results an individual is getting shooting a 5.56 to a 7.62 demonstrates the lack of understanding by the poster. Odds are, he has no clue how to properly shoot a 308 Semi Auto to gain maximum accuracy. They are two completely different animals due to weight and recoil characteristics.

Second to explain what changed from a 2002 GAP AR10 Type and the NEW GAP 10... well just about everything.

Upper Receiver
Lower Receiver
Barrel
Heat Sink / Barrel Lock up /Mounting

Essentially the whole system is different, not to mention techniques to build the rifle. To say you shot a early 2000s rifle from them, and then to waste everyone's time trying to convince them not to buy the new and improved version is absolutely disingenuous, and malicious. Plus I won't get into the fact that in 2002 the GAP AR10 TYPE won the Army Sniper competition using Black Hills Ammunition and was noted then, almost 10 years ago to shoot in the 1/2 Minute range. I know I have posted images of early AR10s from GAP shooting sub MOA including my 16" model that hammers 1 MOA out to 800 yards, verified, used and witnessed by others. With Factory Ammo. But then again, that and $2.50 will get me a coffee at Starbucks.

Clearly someone in this thread has an agenda and is simply trying to put out a hit piece, I bet it gets him a discount with his other choice semi autos.

Semi Auto 308s are not for everyone, they require effort to shoot well. And if you are not up to the task no amount of load development will help you beyond a certain point. Your fundamentals have to be solid, period, end of discussion. The new methods which Semi Auto 308s are being built have definitely increased accuracy, across the board, unfortunately the shooters have yet to catch up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: earthtrekker1775</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't seen any photos w/ the 16.5 inch barrel. I would like to be able to see the different lengths for comparison if someone has the time to put up a couple photos. Also, for owners of the 16.5" how does it balance and have you noticed any difference in accuracy at longer ranges?
Thanks </div></div>

Balance is fine on the 16.5".

Rings steel at 800yards no problem.</div></div>

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does anyone have a trick to keep the dust cover hinge pin from walking forward from recoil? It's just a minor annoyance. I'm thinking maybe just a dab of silicone sealer on the forward end may work and wouldn't be permanent.

Just noticed mine does it as well. It also does not seem to seat all the way, only tried to get it back in with my finger though.
Let me know how the silicone works out.

you need to put a c clamp on it so it does not walk forward i know a few that just plain didnt come with one on there?

Originaly our supplier sent solid Pins without the c clip ring, if anyone is having issues with there pin walking compleatly out, (only one has do it that i know of) please call to get shipping instructions back.

Its not been a problem as the pin stops on the barrel nut and will not protrude past, and yes a small dab of black silacone in the hole will fix it straight up.

Mine only walks out to the barrel nut. When seated all the way in there's about a 1/8 deep cavity that I cleaned with alcohol and a Q-Tip then pushed silicone into it to create a plug. Seems like it should hold well.

Hope the mods don't mind me posting this apology.

Had a talk with the forum admin and he has set me straight on some facts I was not aware of. Sorry for crapping in this thread. Please accept this apology.
Pat

I'm functionally AR-Illiterate, I love semi's but the kind that come in walnut. My next rifle will be an AR and this GAP-10 is on the top of the list. Been reading as much as I can. I do have a question, maybe more about ballistics than rifles. The GAP-10 in .260 has my interest, I shoot with a guy that has a .260 bolt gun and at the same targets, (700-1000 yards) he uses half the windage I need and only about 2/3 the elevation than my .308 M1a. Seems like the vast majority of people buying the GAP are getting it in .308. It seems to me that the .260 is superior to the .308 long range. Why isn't the .260 more popular? Ammo availability?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 08Cayenne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm functionally AR-Illiterate, I love semi's but the kind that come in walnut. My next rifle will be an AR and this GAP-10 is on the top of the list. Been reading as much as I can. I do have a question, maybe more about ballistics than rifles. The GAP-10 in .260 has my interest, I shoot with a guy that has a .260 bolt gun and at the same targets, (700-1000 yards) he uses half the windage I need and only about 2/3 the elevation than my .308 M1a. Seems like the vast majority of people buying the GAP are getting it in .308. It seems to me that the .260 is superior to the .308 long range. Why isn't the .260 more popular? Ammo availability? </div></div>You'll get 100 different answers to that. For me it's simple...My tactical rifles all have to meet one requirement to end up in my safe... They must first and foremost be a tactical rifle in every regard including logistics. Not saying I'd never own a .260 its just that I don't consider it a logistically good choice in caliber for a tactical rifle. Some might argue that logic but that's just me. Hunting is another consideration.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 08Cayenne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm functionally AR-Illiterate, I love semi's but the kind that come in walnut. My next rifle will be an AR and this GAP-10 is on the top of the list. Been reading as much as I can. I do have a question, maybe more about ballistics than rifles. The GAP-10 in .260 has my interest, I shoot with a guy that has a .260 bolt gun and at the same targets, (700-1000 yards) he uses half the windage I need and only about 2/3 the elevation than my .308 M1a. Seems like the vast majority of people buying the GAP are getting it in .308. It seems to me that the .260 is superior to the .308 long range. Why isn't the .260 more popular? Ammo availability? </div></div>You'll get 100 different answers to that. For me it's simple...My tactical rifles all have to meet one requirement to end up in my safe... They must first and foremost be a tactical rifle in every regard including logistics. Not saying I'd never own a .260 its just that I don't consider it a logistically good choice in caliber for a tactical rifle. Some might argue that logic but that's just me. Hunting is another consideration. </div></div>

This pretty much sums up what hundreds of posts on this topic will reveal to you if you spend the time reading a bunch of old threads (which I recommend cause there's a lot of knowledgeable folks on here w/ great points).

That said, I just ordered a GAP-10 in .260 w/ 22" barrel. I plan to shoot it suppressed and my only real concern was pressure. Ken assured me it wouldn't be a problem and that I wasn't the first knucklehead to ask about it. Also talked to TusconDave and he's got the same build w/o issues. Needless to say I can't wait!

Black Hills and Corbon are making match .260 ammo. I think GAP recommends Black Hills. If you search on here I think George had black hills whip up a few batches for him a few years back. Anyhow, it's available but it's balls expensive. ~$50/box as opposed to match .308 at $20/box. Handloading is a requirement IMHO.

Getting GAP to build an upper in both .260 and .308 sounds like a winner to me!!

+1 to Ken at GAP. It's not very often that ones gets to purchase his dream rifle from the world's foremost builder. I appreciate his time and effort. Really looking for to my new rifle too!

Hi All,
Long time lurker first time poster.

I've been trying to learn/research as much as I can about a precision semi 308 and thankfully found this thread.

I was considering the DPMS SASS or the Armalite Super SASS until I found this GAP-10. I'm pretty sure I'm leaning toward the GAP-10 though I may have to put off purchasing the optics for it at a later time.

So now, the budget planning and money saving stage began
blush.gif

A couple of simple questions:

1) if you were limited to a budget of $1000 for optics, what would you get? Please make some suggestions. My low budget minded leans toward Nikon/Bushnell (doesn't have to be).

I have access to about 700yds.

2) Any ideas on when the adjustable gas system will come out. I know that George said he was working on it.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

1) Look in the "for sale" section and find a nice scope there. Read up on the optics in the optics section and see what people are saying. Do not buy an optic because you can afford it, save your money and get something that works. An optic that has to be sent back is the same as no optic, only you have no money either.

2) Only George can answer that but others are running cans with out problems on the current gas block.

Sub-1k for a scope I'd get a used IOR 2.5-10FFP, Leupold M3 3.5-10, Super Sniper 10X HD, Super Sniper 3-9FFP, Bushnell 3-12 FFP, Vortex PST 6-24FFP. Of those the only one I haven't owned/used is the PST but I've used other PST scopes and liked them (and it's gotten good reviews) so I would feel fairly confident buying it.

PST quality is about like one of the newer nikon monarchs. Not great but not bad. The difference between them and other mid-range scopes is that they have the kind of features/warranty that people have been asking for. If you're sub 1k the PST scopes are really nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to share some pics of my newest acquisition. It took exactly 2 months to the day for the good people at Gap to finish it up. The guys at the gun store were absolutely drooling over this rifle when I unboxed it. Fit, finish and function (unfired) are flawless and the weapon balances very nicely with the 18.5" barrel. I went for the exact configuration showcased on the website. I am thinking about ditching work tomorrow so I can put some rounds down range. It sounds cliche at this point, but it was well worth the wait.

Now for pics:
gap10-3.jpg

gap10-2.jpg

gap10-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

</div></div>

m14er, nice weapon system.
GA Precision, builds some awesome looking rifles.
I'm hear they are very accurate.
grin.gif

Best regards,

Frank L. DeSomma
Patriot Ordnance Factory, Inc.
www.POF-USA.com
[email protected]
623-561-9572 WK.
623-321-1680 Fax
poflogogaspiston1.gif

Yeah, I love this weapon. I now have consistent groups in the .5"-.75" MOA range at 100 yds (as advertised).<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POF-USA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wanted to share some pics of my newest acquisition. It took exactly 2 months to the day for the good people at Gap to finish it up. The guys at the gun store were absolutely drooling over this rifle when I unboxed it. Fit, finish and function (unfired) are flawless and the weapon balances very nicely with the 18.5" barrel. I went for the exact configuration showcased on the website. I am thinking about ditching work tomorrow so I can put some rounds down range. It sounds cliche at this point, but it was well worth the wait.

Now for pics:
gap10-3.jpg

gap10-2.jpg

gap10-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.....

</div></div>

m14er, nice weapon system.
GA Precision, builds some awesome looking rifles.
I'm hear they are very accurate.
grin.gif

Best regards,

Frank L. DeSomma
Patriot Ordnance Factory, Inc.
www.POF-USA.com
[email protected]
623-561-9572 WK.
623-321-1680 Fax
poflogogaspiston1.gif

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T2CH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1) Look in the "for sale" section and find a nice scope there. Read up on the optics in the optics section and see what people are saying. Do not buy an optic because you can afford it, save your money and get something that works. An optic that has to be sent back is the same as no optic, only you have no money either.

2) Only George can answer that but others are running cans with out problems on the current gas block.

</div></div>

This has been hit on a ton already but to sum it up. 16" and 18" Mid length Gas System work perfectly with a suppressor. 20" Works but cycles the weapon hard.

We are having rifle length handguards made for guys wanting to run 20-22" 308's Suppressed. I dont recomend a suppressor on any barrel longer than that.

on 260 Rem rifles, Pretty much the same thing but your rifle is going to run harder as the powder is slower and creates a different pressure curve.

Everyone needs to understand that suppressing an autoloader reguardless of the gas system causes gas trapped behing the bullet while its in the Suppressor, that gas goes to the point of least resistance which is the bore. your rifle will get filthy fast and the added fouling will, overtime cause premature barrel wear. There is no stopping this unless you turn the gass off and shoot it single shot which kinda defeats the point.

DSCN0067.jpg

Saturday I managed to run out to the range close to my house. You can only shoot 100 yards. I had to shoot off a bench. They don't allow prone shooting. First of all I like auto loaders alot. Comes from my USPSA multi gun days. I shot both the 120 gr and 140 gr factory 6.5 MM CM. They both had the same accuracy but the 120's had considerably less recoil impulse. I found the rifle to be as accurate as any bolt gun. As usual I got carried away and fired about 300 rounds.

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

These are (2) 2" Shoot N-C with three shot groups on each one.

DSCN0231.jpg

This is a 2" Shoot N-C with a 10 shot group.

DSCN0233.jpg

This is a 10 shot group in 9.5 seconds.

DSCN0234.jpg

One round on 1" dots.

So far I am extremely happy with the performance of the rifle. I know I can do better prone. The only thing with an auto loader is that as usual I am gonna shoot more rounds than I do with a bolt. Can't wait to get on the steel range with it. It's to bad that the club I shoot with banned auto loaders from their steel match. The only thing that would make it perfect is a slightly longer hand guard.

Just so you know I am not a GAP fan boy. I own a Knights SR25 with a 24" barrel in .308, a LWRC REPR with a 20" barrel in .308 and a POF with a 20" barrel in .308. Just to show I am not prejudice. The POF looks alot like my GAP LOL!
The GAP in 6.5 MM CM is more accurate than my other three rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are having rifle length handguards made for guys wanting to run 20-22" 308's Suppressed. I dont recomend a suppressor on any barrel longer than that.
</div></div>

When I ordered mine in 22" and asked Ken if anyone had gotten one and did it look funny. I didn't know you were having the handguards done up in rifle length, so I was happily surprised when I laid eyes on it. It probably wouldn't hurt to disclose that on the site as a nice selling point...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are having rifle length handguards made for guys wanting to run 20-22" 308's Suppressed. I dont recomend a suppressor on any barrel longer than that.
</div></div>

When I ordered mine in 22" and asked Ken if anyone had gotten one and did it look funny. I didn't know you were having the handguards done up in rifle length, so I was happily surprised when I laid eyes on it. It probably wouldn't hurt to disclose that on the site as a nice selling point...

</div></div>

George,
Just another thought to add to what Broker suggested here... in your testing of the GAP-10 you were getting solid 3/8 MOA... so why not post it on the site as ...say "1/2 MOA Garuantee" instead of 3/4

I mean this would be unheard of in a semi auto gas base gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manderson2228</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered mine 05/23/11 and it Shipped 6/8/11 good turn around time!! I can't wait to get it!! </div></div>

Baaa, reading this makes me get even more giddy in anticipation.

Sent in a complete lower in mid-May. I can't wait to hear back from the fellow's at GAP!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenderfoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are having rifle length handguards made for guys wanting to run 20-22" 308's Suppressed. I dont recomend a suppressor on any barrel longer than that.
</div></div>

</div></div>

George,
Just another thought to add to what Broker suggested here... in your testing of the GAP-10 you were getting solid 3/8 MOA... so why not post it on the site as ...say "1/2 MOA Garuantee" instead of 3/4

I mean this would be unheard of in a semi auto gas base gun.</div></div>

I will add it to the site when I actully have the Longer Guards in my shop, Im not one to go counting chickens before they hatch. LOL

On the Accuracy Guarantee, as many have pointed out the Semi auto is alot harder to drive than a Bolt gun, If I was to hand out a 1/2 MOA Guarantee I would end up on the phone with guys upset that they cannot achieve that leval of accuracy. The rifes are capable as guys have shown this but Practice makes perfect. 3/4 is achieveable buy most all when guys shoot better than that they consider it a bonus!!!

I plan on making a video of 3-4 GAP-10's at the range, with a couple of Semi Auto Profesional Drivers at the wheel look for it this fall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenderfoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George,

I mean this would be unheard of in a semi auto gas base gun. </div></div>I'm getting 3/8 groups pretty routinely now. Had a quick range session this am and just shot 6 targets to get a new zero due to a ring swap. It was one of those mornings when i was in the zone. After burning 2 targets zeroing and adjusting an EREK I shot 4 of my best targets ever with this rig. All were under 1/2 and the final 3 were 3/8 or better. On every 5 shot group I pulled the 1st high for some reason (forced the shots...I was in a hurry) but the 4 follow-ups were barely discernable as multipe holes. I see Georges point though...I look at other peoples targets at the range all the time and very few can shoot an auto well.

I always try to post the entire target board but all I had was my phone today and you couldn't see the holes on a standoff shot, so I did this one closeup. Again its a phone pic and its upside down. The shot at 6 o'clock was actually high. the hole in the black contains 4 rounds and I mirrored this target 3 times in a row. I'll be getting crony numbers tomorrow and then back out to 850 on Sunday.
571-imag0086.jpg