• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I will add it to the site when I actully have the Longer Guards in my shop, Im not one to go counting chickens before they hatch. LOL
</div></div>

So they haven't started doing rifle length yet in the 22"? I measured mine and it's 12" which I thought was rifle length.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tenderfoot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We are having rifle length handguards made for guys wanting to run 20-22" 308's Suppressed. I dont recomend a suppressor on any barrel longer than that.
</div></div>

When I ordered mine in 22" and asked Ken if anyone had gotten one and did it look funny. I didn't know you were having the handguards done up in rifle length, so I was happily surprised when I laid eyes on it. It probably wouldn't hurt to disclose that on the site as a nice selling point...

</div></div>

George,
Just another thought to add to what Broker suggested here... in your testing of the GAP-10 you were getting solid 3/8 MOA... so why not post it on the site as ...say "1/2 MOA Garuantee" instead of 3/4

I mean this would be unheard of in a semi auto gas base gun.</div></div>

I will add it to the site when I actully have the Longer Guards in my shop, Im not one to go counting chickens before they hatch. LOL

On the Accuracy Guarantee, as many have pointed out the Semi auto is alot harder to drive than a Bolt gun, If I was to hand out a 1/2 MOA Guarantee I would end up on the phone with guys upset that they cannot achieve that leval of accuracy. The rifes are capable as guys have shown this but Practice makes perfect. 3/4 is achieveable buy most all when guys shoot better than that they consider it a bonus!!!

I plan on making a video of 3-4 GAP-10's at the range, with a couple of Semi Auto Profesional Drivers at the wheel look for it this fall. </div></div>

George, I've also said the same thing, that an accuracy guarantee is only as good as the shooter. It doesn't matter if you have the most accurate rifle in the world that money can buy if it's in the hands of the wrong shooter.

I chronied a very accurate load yesterday:

155 scenar loaded to mag length
45.8 grns of RE15
LC LR brass trimmed to a hair over 2"
BR 2 primers

*Slight crimp-Thanks George

Avg velocity: 2875 fps (10 shots)

All out of an 18.5" Bartlein (Are you serious?)

I think I found my 1000 yd load.

The G10 has spoken.....

I'm reposting this from the thread about the new unimount because I wanted everyone to know what a fantastic company GA Precision is.

I just received the unimount with 30MM inserts and they look great!

Thank you George and Ken! I received my GAP-10 about 6 weeks ago and the Badger rings were not included. I asked Ken about it and requested that if possible, I would wait until the unimount was available with the 30MM inserts and pay the difference. Without asking, Ken put me on the waiting list and sent me the unimount free of charge. I know these are now standard with the GAP-10 but Ken worked this out before they were ready, so I appreciate his proactive approach to correcting the original mistake.

I can't say enough about GA Precision's quality of both their product and their customer service!

It'll be a while until I save enough funds, but they will be getting more of my business in the future.

Well everyone.. i bit the bullet and started the process for my new GAP10 today..
Yep.. new here as far as posting but have been reading diligently for a few months..non-stop. Been wanting a higher end 308 autoloader for a while and its finally in the works.. Funny thing is i live about 30 minutes away from GAP headquarters and didnt even know it.. small world.
Ken was a good guy to me today.. hooked my up with a great combo deal on a new Vortex PST 4-16 FFP mil/mil as well..
Soooo... specs as follows
20" barrel.. i was originally going to go with the 18.5 but i got to hold and feel the balance of a 20" model and it just felt better to me...
PRS stock
Cerakote in coyote tan
having them put on a YHM Phantom 7.62 quick detach suppressor mount.... hmmm guess i do need to buy that and get it to them..

Now for the hard part.. oh the next few months will be a brutal wait.. :)
of course pics will follow as soon as i have her in my hands..

thanks for all the good reading folks..
time to start buying 308 reloading supplies

Congrats! you will not be disapointed. Let us know how it shoots but I bet it shoots like the rest of ours...

I got mine in .308 and this gun is awesome. I have never owned a custom long gun before this one so I have nothing to compare it to but I can tell say with confidence you will be wowed! It's very accurate. I have never clover leafed a group of shots at 100 yards before I bought this gun. Now I would like to attend a long range shooting course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKpebxD_wVc

Mine is a .260 and the carbon build up happens quickly when suppressed. Watch the vid and see the excess gas escaping near the charge handle. Shoots very well for around 60-70 rounds and then starts to foul. I wanted the long barrel for precision. Still an awesome platform,just the only one I shoot without a can most of the time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKpebxD_wVc

Mine is a .260 and the carbon build up happens quickly when suppressed. Watch the vid and see the excess gas escaping near the charge handle. Shoots very well for around 60-70 rounds and then starts to foul. I wanted the long barrel for precision. Still an awesome platform,just the only one I shoot without a can most of the time.</div></div>

And the Primer Pockets in the brass are GONE !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tucson?</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKpebxD_wVc

Mine is a .260 and the carbon build up happens quickly when suppressed. Watch the vid and see the excess gas escaping near the charge handle. Shoots very well for around 60-70 rounds and then starts to foul. I wanted the long barrel for precision. Still an awesome platform,just the only one I shoot without a can most of the time.</div></div>

And the Primer Pockets in the brass are GONE ! </div></div>

Do I need to send you some more from a bolt gun to make up for those that had bad primer pockets???

Naw Dave, I was not bitching, just expounding on your comments. Can must be spiking the shit of of the pressures.
smile.gif

So my 22" inch is mid-length not rifle length. Hopefully if and when they get rifle length they'll offer a conversion for those of us that have already bought one. That gives me extra time to save for my can I guess lol. Besides, it still drives nails
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: g3ninfinite</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can these be had in 6.5x47?</div></div>

dont think they will fedd that short case very well and the small primer will be a cratering nightmare with the larger firing pin. Probably not a good Idea, 6.5 Creedmoor is a way better choice and they work great

what is the pricing on these? Went to the website but none was listed. What is the availability?

The time depends on what options you pick. If you take it as-is with a standard length barrel, it should be pretty quick, but fluting and coating add some to it.

Rifle Length handguards are in, They came out great.

We are going to sugjest doing anything over 20" on Rifle length.

16" and 18" on Midlength

20" you can have your choice.

Bush the bolt and pin and or use CCI #41 primers.

Regrettable George didn't use the better bolt and pin size of .065" rather than .078".

I expect they will improve that one flaw.

Great news, George. Looking forward to receiving my build in a while.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle Length handguards are in, They came out great.

16" and 18" on Midlength

20" you can have your choice. </div></div>

So how much would it cost to convert my 22" that's sitting on a mid-length?

How much longer is the rifle length handguard? How's the balance of the rifle with a 20" barrel and the longer rifle handguard?

I recently placed an order and am contemplating this switch. Would it be beneficial?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eXstasy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently placed an order and am contemplating this switch. Would it be beneficial? </div></div>

What was your quoted wait time?
I cant decide on what semi 308 i want...

Thank you,
Shawn.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smgrendel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What was your quoted wait time?
I cant decide on what semi 308 i want...

Thank you,
Shawn. </div></div>

2-3 months.

I think eventually you'll come to the same conclusion that I did...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bush the bolt and pin and or use CCI #41 primers.

Regrettable George didn't use the better bolt and pin size of .065" rather than .078".

I expect they will improve that one flaw. </div></div>

Not a flaw, It would be wrong of us to build a GAP-10 that would not fire M118LR and other 7.62 Nato ammo consistantly. a .065 FP would decrease the initertia enough to cause reliability in Military ammo with hard primers.

The rifle is not designed to shoot 6.5x47 if it was it would be different. 6.5 Creedmoor is a better round and a better choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eXstasy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much longer is the rifle length handguard? How's the balance of the rifle with a 20" barrel and the longer rifle handguard?

I recently placed an order and am contemplating this switch. Would it be beneficial?</div></div>

Its only benificial if you were going to shoot it alot suppressed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle Length handguards are in, They came out great.

16" and 18" on Midlength

So how much would it cost to convert my 22" that's sitting on a mid-length? </div></div>

No way to convert it, You would need a new Barrel and a Handguard Swap. Better to just get a second upper headspaced to your bolt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It would be wrong of us to build a GAP-10 that would not fire M118LR and other 7.62 Nato ammo consistantly </div></div>

+1

I'd go so far as to say it would be a crime

On another topic. <span style="text-decoration: underline">Nice</span> freakin' job on my upper guys. I was one of the victiims of the wrong sized reamer. It was back in my hands in a week. I reassembled it and it held zero to a gnats ass. No affect on accuracy and it performs flawlessly. That's exceptional service and workmanship.

Now get back to work and finish my HRT LOL

22" 6.5 Creedmoor on new Rifle lenghth Guard.
Designed it to just let the Gas Block protrude from the front enough so latter we can add an Adjustable gas block, (In Design phase)

398613096.jpg

398613097.jpg

looks really good george i like the look of those a lot better then the other rails balances out the gun a lot more.

Looking forward to the adjustable gas block. I'll definitely add one if my freakin Surefire ever gets built!

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'"><span style="font-size: 11pt">The large chassis Armalite bolt and pin is of the smaller size and functions flawlessly, apparently.

I bushed the bolt and pin on my 6.5x47L LR-308 convert, used CCI#41 primers and the gun never failed to detonate but not before that modification which was allowing primer extrusion. As far as the pin was concerned, the modification required only that the tip of the pin be honed which was not sufficient weight removal to decrease inertia required for detonat</span>ion strike.</span>

The two cartridges are similar to the extent to be nearly identical except for primer size. LR primers are better suited to AR big rifles but Armalite seems to use the better pin successfully.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rifle Length handguards are in, They came out great.

16" and 18" on Midlength

So how much would it cost to convert my 22" that's sitting on a mid-length? </div></div>

No way to convert it, You would need a new Barrel and a Handguard Swap. Better to just get a second upper headspaced to your bolt. </div></div>

Just buy a 2nd upper? Even if you were offering a discount that would still be $1-2K. I should have waited I guess...

The GAP sure looks like a great rifle. I have a few questions

The POF rails were built for a piston gun and thats why they sit so high correct? Will future DI rifles have a lower rail system? Any chance of a mono upper instead of a two piece?

Any pictures of a rifle length handguard with a PRS?

Also anyone work up loads for this rifle?

Also will any handloads have to be crimped for this rifle?

Mine shoots amazingly out to 800 with my pet load:

RE 15 and 175 smk's and 155 scenars loaded to absolute mag length.

BR2 primers

LC LR brass full-sized and trimmed each loading

A little crimpy never hurt no one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triplecelectric</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any pictures of a rifle length handguard with a PRS?

Also anyone work up loads for this rifle?

Also will any handloads have to be crimped for this rifle? </div></div>

I couldn't get my whole system converted to rifle length as George explained to me since I'm slightly retarded, lol, but I did get the hand guard converted (Because George ROCKS!
wink.gif
) so I can have my bi-pod farther forward. It arrives back tomorrow. I'll get new photos and post them.

Man that rifle sure is sexy. I think I just pitched a tent in my trousers.

My ST-10 had to go over to USO due to a crack in the lens, but here's 2 quick photos of the .308 with the rifle length hand guard...

2011-10-13_17-06-45_834.jpg

2011-10-13_17-06-22_293.jpg

These GAP-10's look great.

Do they use a set screw gas block? Or clamp on gas block?

Is the gas block pinned to the barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boomfab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These GAP-10's look great.

Do they use a set screw gas block? Or clamp on gas block?

Is the gas block pinned to the barrel?

</div></div>
Set screws. No pin that I can see.

I just brought a gap-10 slightly used with only 350 rounds down the tube and there's a couple modifications I would like to perform . First I would like to add a surefire brake and put the longer handguard on. Does anyone know the od of the barrel ? I wanted to know if I need to perform any modifications to the barrel . Those of you that put the longer handguard on , how much did George charge you ?

the barrel is .850 in dia at the muzzle, for the surefire to be installed the barrel needs to be turned down to .775 under the break.

I just clicked the place order tab and it sent me to the "contact us" page. so I filled it out..... now what??