• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

Was it a .308 that LL was shooting or a .260 (or other)?

I'm assuming .308, but none of the FB posts I saw elaborated. You know how assuming works...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Was it a .308 that LL was shooting or a .260 (or other)?

I'm assuming .308, but none of the FB posts I saw elaborated. You know how assuming works...

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Found this for you...

Insecurity: a feeling of general unease or nervousness that may be triggered by perceiving of oneself to be vulnerable in some way.

Seriously, what is your point? The guy asked about the GAP-10. And you guys like to make fun of LaRue fanboys....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Found this for you...

Insecurity: a feeling of general unease or nervousness that may be triggered by perceiving of oneself to be vulnerable in some way.

Seriously, what is your point? The guy asked about the GAP-10. And you guys like to make fun of LaRue fanboys....</div></div>

I thought this was the definition of insecurity:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=219&t=202892

Full of fanboys for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Found this for you...

Seriously, what is your point? The guy asked about the GAP-10. And you guys like to make fun of LaRue fanboys....</div></div>

Full of fanboys for you. </div></div>

Tell me, what makes you guys any different than LaRue's followers? You do the same thing for George. Just like this thread, someone asks a question about a GAP-10 and LaRue gets trash talked for no reason. Now, can someone tell us about the GAP-10 without feeling the need to trash LaRue?? This place is turning into ARFcom...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Found this for you...

Full of fanboys for you. </div></div>

Tell me, what makes you guys any different than LaRue's followers? You do the same thing for George. Just like this thread, someone asks a question about a GAP-10 and LaRue gets trash talked for no reason. Now, can someone tell us about the GAP-10 without feeling the need to trash LaRue?? This place is turning into ARFcom... </div></div>

Starts munching on popcorn.

I was just showing you that insecurity can be found anywhere but the difference is George didn't post the comment above in this thread. Can't be said for the link.
wink.gif

I didn't post anything fanboyish.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just showing you that insecurity can be found anywhere but the difference is George didn't post the comment above in this thread. Can't be said for the link.
wink.gif

I didn't post anything fanboyish. </div></div>

I didn't post anything fanboyish either, but it's getting annoying. I clicked on the link to read about the GAP, not read about how people don't like LaRue....

I have a 7.62 OBR, 5.56 OBR and a GAP bolt gun. Sayin' one of these two guys builds junk is BS. Just 'cause you don't like the man doesn't mean he doesn't make good shit..

annoying is when .........bitches don't get up off the couch to make it to any matches or competitions.....or prolly even slap a trigger every now and then.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just showing you that insecurity can be found anywhere but the difference is George didn't post the comment above in this thread. Can't be said for the link.
wink.gif

I didn't post anything fanboyish either, but it's getting annoying. I clicked on the link to read about the GAP, not read about how people don't like LaRue....

I have a 7.62 OBR, 5.56 OBR and a GAP bolt gun. Sayin' one of these two guys builds junk is BS. Just 'cause you don't like the man doesn't mean he doesn't make good shit..</div></div>

I never said anything about either one of their products or the makers. Just pointing some things out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just showing you that insecurity can be found anywhere but the difference is George didn't post the comment above in this thread. Can't be said for the link.
wink.gif

I have a 7.62 OBR, 5.56 OBR and a GAP bolt gun. Sayin' one of these two guys builds junk is BS. Just 'cause you don't like the man doesn't mean he doesn't make good shit..</div></div>

I never said anything about either one of their products or the makers. Just pointing some things out. </div></div>

You are right, not talking about you directly..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just showing you that insecurity can be found anywhere but the difference is George didn't post the comment above in this thread. Can't be said for the link.
wink.gif

I have a 7.62 OBR, 5.56 OBR and a GAP bolt gun. Sayin' one of these two guys builds junk is BS. Just 'cause you don't like the man doesn't mean he doesn't make good shit.. </div></div>

Quality has nothing to do with personality, but personality tends to get my gay until proven otherwise money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">annoying is when .........bitches don't get up off the couch to make it to any matches or competitions.....or prolly even slap a trigger every now and then..... </div></div>

True..which is 50-75% of ARFcom. Guys here shoot, which is why threads here are mostly civil..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">C'mon fellas, I just want to know if anybody has had any experience behind the trigger of a GAP-10. That's it.
</div></div>

Yes I have. I own one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ninja Pirtle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was just showing you that insecurity can be found anywhere but the difference is George didn't post the comment above in this thread. Can't be said for the link.
wink.gif

I have a 7.62 OBR, 5.56 OBR and a GAP bolt gun. Sayin' one of these two guys builds junk is BS. Just 'cause you don't like the man doesn't mean he doesn't make good shit.. </div></div>

Quality has nothing to do with personality, but personality tends to get my gay until proven otherwise money. </div></div>

Thank God you're getting a free day with me. Keep your gay bucks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SFC Carpentier jr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">C'mon fellas, I just want to know if anybody has had any experience behind the trigger of a GAP-10. That's it.
</div></div>

Yes I have. I own one. </div></div>

You have one? None have shipped?

wink.gif

Technically...... Mark does not build his rifles. George does

Just sayin'

I heard at one point GA was waiting on handguards. Not sure if that is still the case.

During the "demo day" before the SHC George delivered my new GAP 10 rifle.

Spec's 18" 308, with Surefire brake for my 762SS and PRS stock, I immediately mounted my new NF F1 3-15X with Hi Speed Turrets and MLR2.

During the sight in, I was in the black on the second round, very little adjustment was necessary for the new optic, it was on paper out of the box. My first small group with M118LR was about 1/2" in size, I made the adjustment necessary using the Mils to center and just set out to reset my turrets. My first shot after setting the zero stop and zeroing the turrets was in the 1/4" orange dot in the center of Shoot N C. Scott from Vortex was on glass and witnessed my shot, along with several others. My next shot was on top of Tony Burkes' shot which was in the center of his target, yes I shot his shot with my shot and hit it on demand. Insert giggles...

Lastly, I went and shot a solid 1/4" MOA group, again with witness from the wooden deck at Rifles Only, add even more giggling and at that point I stopped because everyone was walking on the deck and shaking it so I didn't want to fuck it up. It was beyond expectations.

Fast forward to yesterday, I then shot the rifle to 1000 yards at RO, I needed 10.5 Mils to reach 1000 yards the wind, while not full value was still 24 MPH, and it hit with ease from 400 to 1000 yards while I got my dope. After I actually cleaned the rifle to the disbelief of those who remained at RO.

Ammo used both times, M118LR...

Muzzle Velocity was recorded on Demo Day as 2556fps, though Sunday's MV seemed a bit higher.

I have shot Jacob's OBR as well I have witnessed him shoot it, which I consider him a better shot than I am. He easily shoots 1/2MOA groups with the OBR, although I don't think he has shot a group since the first day. The OBR is reliable and accurate, but I think my GAP is more accurate, I cannot comment on the reliability beyond my past experience with my 2 other GAP Semi Auto rifles... because honestly I only have 75 rounds through the GAP 10.

I love my GAP 10, I guarantee I shoot it more than my bolt guns for some time to come... it's a winner for sure. Add more giggles.

Frank are you going to do a video or post up some pictures of it? Would like to see it set up and in the field.

+1 for gaps ar10's. mine isn't a GAP 10 but shoots just as well. they sure know how to cut a ar barrel.

I saw Frank's GAP 10 and it was a sweet looking gun. You inserted way too many giggles in that post, I can you hear you giggling in my head ..... make it stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During the "demo day" before the SHC George delivered my new GAP 10 rifle.

</div></div>

I guess I left to early and did not get a chance to see or shoot the rifle. I guess I will shoot it the next time I see you Frank.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Found this for you...

Ironically, my post was made specifically to make fun of all the ML fanboys over at BARF.com

There is a big difference here. First, George isn't in this thread making a fool of himself as is Mark Larue does in the thread on AR15.com. Second, I'm not saying that GAP is the only company that makes a quality AR as are the fanboys on AR15.com

I believe the GAP-10 is inherently (that means existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element, quality, or attribute) more accurate than the OBR. When one has confidence in a statement, that is called "being secure". There are many custom ARs that are AS accurate, if not more accurate, then a Larue OBR. I am "confident" in both of those statements, hence I am very "secure".

Here's a reference for you to peruse at your leisure. It defines insecure very well. HERE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are some images from the Demo Day...

Prepping sight in.
SH_FLG-2607.jpg

Shots fired...
SH_FLG-2608.jpg

That is one slick rifle. I am really liking the range there.

Wooden Deck
SH_FLG-2617.jpg

Explaining to George my 1/4 MOA group
SH_FLG-2619.jpg

Smiles all around
SH_FLG-2620.jpg
</div></div>

I just cant wait to see all the other .308 semi autos go up for sale in the next few weeks once the reviews start pouring in about how great the GAP-10 is.

Better barrel, better rail, better lower and upper, better trigger........ etc, etc, etc.

And the best part is they are completely legal in CA! boyaaaahhhh!

I had a chance to test the GAP AR-10 against the Larue & JP Precision. I'll have a write up on the three I'm doing for our tactical association soon. Overall very nice and I had a chance to visit GA to go over the finer points. Very nice system. Ammunition used: 168gr. Match Distance: 100yds. My GAP bolt was used as the standard to compare the rifles. I especially like the monolithic rail system. I was having an average day so the groups are average. I know all the guns are capable of better. Here are a few pics.
scoutsandMTOA032.jpg

scoutsandMTOA019.jpg

scoutsandMTOA020.jpg

scoutsandMTOA033.jpg

scoutsandMTOA028.jpg

scoutsandMTOA026.jpg

scoutsandMTOA029.jpg

scoutsandMTOA010.jpg

A few more from the test day.
ar308002.jpg

ar308009.jpg

A little better job on the fundamentals.
ar308011.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ehall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few more from the test day.
ar308002.jpg

ar308009.jpg

A little better job on the fundamentals.
ar308011.jpg

</div></div>
Is that an 18" barrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bglimpse</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm sure it will out shoot a LaRue, but then again, that's not too hard. </div></div>

Found this for you...

Ironically, my post was made specifically to make fun of all the ML fanboys over at BARF.com

There is a big difference here. First, George isn't in this thread making a fool of himself as is Mark Larue does in the thread on AR15.com. Second, I'm not saying that GAP is the only company that makes a quality AR as are the fanboys on AR15.com

I believe the GAP-10 is inherently (that means existing in someone or something as a permanent and inseparable element, quality, or attribute) more accurate than the OBR. When one has confidence in a statement, that is called "being secure". There are many custom ARs that are AS accurate, if not more accurate, then a Larue OBR. I am "confident" in both of those statements, hence I am very "secure".

Here's a reference for you to peruse at your leisure. It defines insecure very well. HERE </div></div>

Quoted for TRUTH!

Update on these, We have 55 or so already chambered and all the lowers are assembled. we are waiting on Handguards which should arrive in the next week or so. They will be delivered by order date. Those who chose color type finishes will take an extra couple of weeks.

After the initial wave of current orders are filled. New orders should be shipped in 3-4 weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that bore cleaner or scotch in that tumbler on the table? </div></div>

same same