• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what color is your rifle LL, it looks great!</div></div>

Ah, Green....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what color is your rifle LL, it looks great!</div></div>

Ah, Green.... </div></div>

Pics with the SF can if you get around to it please! I ordered mine in black with the 762SD brake. But went 18.5" on barrel.

laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what color is your rifle LL, it looks great!</div></div>

smart ass! : )

OD green?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what color is your rifle LL, it looks great!</div></div>

smart ass! : )

OD green?</div></div>

Dude you are under the mistaken assumption I cared about the color, I got what George gave me, it's foliage green, Marine Green, Kermit the Frog Swamp Green...

People ask me for specs all the time, and I honestly don't care nor do I obsess over them. I told George a Surefire brake for my can, and a PRS for my face, everything else is up to the guys at GAP to decide. Getting a rifle from GAP is as easy as saying, "George, make it 18" in 308 and call me when it's done"... then two weeks later my gun shows up and I shoot it.

Hey George, when do you think you might have an adjustable gas block?

Frank,
If your of a mind, I'd like to see a 5x5 SH group target shot with this rifle.

Thanks,
Trilogymac

Whoa. That almost sounds like a challenge...

...waits to see if Frank takes the bait.

Not meant to be a challange. Just think Frank's generated SH group target is a great representation of what a rifle will really do.

T

I noticed that in some of the pictures on gaps website they dont show the monolithic rail. Under services for semi auto it has a daniel defense free floating 4 rail guard as an upgrade. Would these pictures be showing that rail guard?

Thanks,
Branson

The pics in my post show the monolithic rail you are asking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ehall</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A few more from the test day.
ar308002.jpg

ar308009.jpg

A little better job on the fundamentals.
ar308011.jpg

</div></div>
Is that an 18" barrel? </div></div>

The barrel is a 20" Bartlein 5R.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kennypowers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed that in some of the pictures on gaps website they dont show the monolithic rail. Under services for semi auto it has a daniel defense free floating 4 rail guard as an upgrade. Would these pictures be showing that rail guard?

Thanks,
Branson </div></div>All of the pictures on GAP's website show the POF/GAP rifle/hand guard combination. Nor does it show a Daniel Defense rail upgrade. With POF's unique rail design, I don't think there are any other options.

I think you may be referring to the older GAP "AR 10" based on either Armalite or DPMS pattern rifles. When did you check the website last?

I checked it yesterday. It's the pictures that scroll right under there GAP logo. Its highlighted in an orange color. I was thinking that it might have been the older model. Thanks for the info Nihonjin.

Yes, pictures in the gallery and on the top of the page as you mentioned depict the Armalite and DPMS based rifles.

I was referring to the pictures on the "rifles" page. When you click on "G.A. Precision GAP-10", as if you were to going to order a rifle, all the pictures there depict the POF based design.

I've got a few month wait for mine. I went with coyote tan and a 20" barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Getting a rifle from GAP is as easy as saying, "George, make it 18" in 308 and call me when it's done"... then two weeks later my gun shows up and I shoot it. </div></div>

Well maybe not as easy for us earthlings...I doubt I'll see mine in 2 weeks but I'm working on that secretpinkyhandshake
wink.gif

does anyone know how long it will be with a 20" barrel and a magpull stock? Id like to get a case for it before it arrives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know how long it will be with a 20" barrel and a magpull stock? Id like to get a case for it before it arrives. </div></div>
It will come in somewhere between 39 & 41" depending on which break you run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know how long it will be with a 20" barrel and a magpull stock? Id like to get a case for it before it arrives. </div></div>

Fairly sure that it ships in a hard case.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdubb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shootist2004</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does anyone know how long it will be with a 20" barrel and a magpull stock? Id like to get a case for it before it arrives. </div></div>

Fairly sure that it ships in a hard case. </div></div>

Probably not a Pelican/Storm/etc case....

I ordered my 20" with PRS and FDE on Monday. I was told 2-3 months. I would like to know what case, if any, the gun will be shipped with. Any preferences on a drag bag or tactical case for this rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS-8541-dono</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are any of these shipping yet? </div></div>

Mine arrives tomorrow. Their are a few more out there but not many....yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine arrives tomorrow. </div></div>
How long was your wait?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mine arrives tomorrow. </div></div>
How long was your wait? </div></div>

Long enough to drive me insane!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">During the "demo day" before the SHC George delivered my new GAP 10 rifle.

Spec's 18" 308, with Surefire brake for my 762SS and PRS stock, I immediately mounted my new NF F1 3-15X with Hi Speed Turrets and MLR2.

During the sight in, I was in the black on the second round, very little adjustment was necessary for the new optic, it was on paper out of the box. My first small group with M118LR was about 1/2" in size, I made the adjustment necessary using the Mils to center and just set out to reset my turrets. My first shot after setting the zero stop and zeroing the turrets was in the 1/4" orange dot in the center of Shoot N C. Scott from Vortex was on glass and witnessed my shot, along with several others. My next shot was on top of Tony Burkes' shot which was in the center of his target, yes I shot his shot with my shot and hit it on demand. Insert giggles...

Lastly, I went and shot a solid 1/4" MOA group, again with witness from the wooden deck at Rifles Only, add even more giggling and at that point I stopped because everyone was walking on the deck and shaking it so I didn't want to fuck it up. It was beyond expectations.

Fast forward to yesterday, I then shot the rifle to 1000 yards at RO, I needed 10.5 Mils to reach 1000 yards the wind, while not full value was still 24 MPH, and it hit with ease from 400 to 1000 yards while I got my dope. After I actually cleaned the rifle to the disbelief of those who remained at RO.

Ammo used both times, M118LR...

Muzzle Velocity was recorded on Demo Day as 2556fps, though Sunday's MV seemed a bit higher.

I have shot Jacob's OBR as well I have witnessed him shoot it, which I consider him a better shot than I am. He easily shoots 1/2MOA groups with the OBR, although I don't think he has shot a group since the first day. The OBR is reliable and accurate, but I think my GAP is more accurate, I cannot comment on the reliability beyond my past experience with my 2 other GAP Semi Auto rifles... because honestly I only have 75 rounds through the GAP 10.

I love my GAP 10, I guarantee I shoot it more than my bolt guns for some time to come... it's a winner for sure. Add more giggles. </div></div>

Have you shot anything else but 175gr ammo out of it yet?
Have you had a chance to shoot is suppressed yet? I just got out of the rain from shooing mine with an AAC 762SD and its got so much pressure that its making the can turn on the mount (loosening) and unscrewing the sunshade on the NF F1!

Just curious if you have had similar instances with yours. I have talked it over with George and until he can have adjustable gas switches made I am going to have to either switch my 51T can and mount over to this setup or not shoot suppressed which is a pain in my ass because of the location of our range.

Thanks
smile.gif

Cell phone pic:
2hmde04.jpg

No,

It doesn't rain here and my rifle is currently in TX, although I will be mailing to CO for the summer next week as I am heading down to box it up tomorrow.

Once I have it in CO I will add the suppressor to it, and work with it then.

Good luck. I just ran Southwest 155's thru it. Did better with them....

I put a limited number of SW 175s through mine with the surefire can on. I had no problems.....but it wasnt more than 20 rounds. I have yet to spend a lot of time with the gun (dispicable since I've had it for awhile, I know).

Tag for supressor testing. Mine should (hopefully??) be here soon an I will be running a AAC Titan QD. No probs on my REPR but it has adjustable gas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Flying C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tag for supressor testing. Mine should (hopefully??) be here soon an I will be running a AAC Titan QD. No probs on my REPR but it has adjustable gas. </div></div>

I could see how a larger caliber can might be easier on the rifle..... Maybe the pressure signs will be less. I hope it works for you. I had Southwest Ammo tailor some 175gr loads for me to see if it helps. If it does I will order in mass quantities until George gets a switchblock going for these rifles. So far Im all smiles with it. Its an awesome rifle.

Am interested in knowing what the actual weight is for the rifles pictured in this thread?

the forward sling stud - check out POF's website, I believe it's their setup.

12 more guys getting the call today theirs are ready to ship, all parts are in house now so the bulk of the ones ordered will ship in the next 3-4 weeks

Boiiiiiinnnnnnggggggggg! Major wood.

So how long approximately is the build/delivery from time of order given current parts availability?

I won't hold you to it just a general idea in a perfect world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">12 more guys getting the call today theirs are ready to ship, all parts are in house now so the bulk of the ones ordered will ship in the next 3-4 weeks </div></div>

YaHooo!

One thing I see no mention of is the rail. Is the rail 20moa or flat? Anyone?

Rails are flat, when I get back to the office Monday I'll see if I can get some pictures put up of the details.

Sling swivels: there is a sling stud that is removable/ambi which can be installed on either side of the handguard.

We are also offering bipod adapters for additional charge (will edit with price on Monday)

What is the wait time on one of these now a days. I've heard nothing but great things about the gun, might put one on order next week.