• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GA Precision GAP-10

Re: GA Precision GAP-10

Can any one tell me what they are feeding their GAP 10 260s in the way of handloads.
Thanks
T

Looking to do a 20" with Surefire suppressor. How's the gas blowback and recoil compared to a mid-length with Noveske switchblock?

Should I just go ahead and do the switchblock? I'm just trying to cut unnecessary cost. If a rifle length gas system is sufficient for running suppressed most the time then that's what I would like to know.

I've been looking through posts for 3 hours and I just cant find what I'm looking for. A few days ago I found pics of a GAP-10 in tan with matching scope and rings and another with black scope, rings, mag. Could someone please post there different tan gap10 pics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Josh Elam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking through posts for 3 hours and I just cant find what I'm looking for. A few days ago I found pics of a GAP-10 in tan with matching scope and rings and another with black scope, rings, mag. Could someone please post there different tan gap10 pics. </div></div>

a whole thread of these a few down the page....

GAP-10 Pic Thread

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just weighed mine on a digital bathroom scale - not sure how accurate it is. I got 13.0 pounds. That's with an 18.5" fluted barrel, magpul prs, Surefire brake, Nightforce F1 with sunshade on, no magazine or ammo, no bipod. My guess is the 13.0 number is close if not spot on. </div></div>

Yikes...so the gun itself is around 11 lbs?? Pretty heavy stick. Bummer. I want one but that is too heavy for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking to do a 20" with Surefire suppressor. How's the gas blowback and recoil compared to a mid-length with Noveske switchblock?

Should I just go ahead and do the switchblock? I'm just trying to cut unnecessary cost. If a rifle length gas system is sufficient for running suppressed most the time then that's what I would like to know.</div></div>

I can only tell you what GAP told me and that is that in .308 GAP10's you don't need the switchblock but with the 20" 6.5cm I just ordered they said I did...so I guess if your going .308 then you don't need it, also George post this same info about the .308 on a post here not too long ago:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...901#Post3313901

I would go Switchblock regardless of caliber and suppressor usage. I did on mine and it functions flawlessly. Mine is a 20" 308

It might run okay without an adjustable gas block but it will add a lot of wear and tear because of the extra gas speeding up how fast your gun cycles.

Adjustable gas blocks are great and will add life to your gun and also cut down the amount of gas you get back in your face especially if you are left handed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yikes...so the gun itself is around 11 lbs?? Pretty heavy stick. Bummer. I want one but that is too heavy for me. </div></div>

Ask them to do a lighter profile barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No there has not been a group buy. Lol they have been working out really well and we are very proud of the way this rifle turned out. </div></div>

Yes they are fantastic guns George. I've gotta have one in 6.5 CM.
I just want to cut a little weight somewhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yikes...so the gun itself is around 11 lbs?? Pretty heavy stick. Bummer. I want one but that is too heavy for me. </div></div>

Ask them to do a lighter profile barrel.</div></div>

Yeah....might do that and go with a UBR stock

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just weighed mine on a digital bathroom scale - not sure how accurate it is. I got 13.0 pounds. That's with an 18.5" fluted barrel, magpul prs, Surefire brake, Nightforce F1 with sunshade on, no magazine or ammo, no bipod. My guess is the 13.0 number is close if not spot on. </div></div>

11lbs. is what my MWS weighs, you get used to it. Don't forget the scope/mount and bipod, full magazine, now you are closer to 14lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ask them to do a lighter profile barrel.</div></div>

Yeah....might do that and go with a UBR stock </div></div>

If weight is a concern go magpul CTR w/cheek riser if you need it.

Gotta think about all the addons...bipod+adapter is .5 or so pounds, steel rings vs aluminum...

Then there is balance. A rifle that is 9lbs and front heavy as all hell will 'feel' like more than a 10lb that is balanced properly. Not to mention harder to shoot offhand or on a bench.

Calling them and discussing what you want would be best.

Considering how well Dmack seems to like his 14.5" PWS I was thinking about a 14.5" GAP10. But then I have ADD...I think about new guns, cars and girls every week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 997/2man</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blasst</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just weighed mine on a digital bathroom scale - not sure how accurate it is. I got 13.0 pounds. That's with an 18.5" fluted barrel, magpul prs, Surefire brake, Nightforce F1 with sunshade on, no magazine or ammo, no bipod. My guess is the 13.0 number is close if not spot on. </div></div>

11lbs. is what my MWS weighs, you get used to it. Don't forget the scope/mount and bipod, full magazine, now you are closer to 14lbs.</div></div>

yeah I know....which makes a good reason to try to carve off a little weight. Beautiful piece of workmanship though....that's for sure.

BCT....I forgot about the CTR stock....maybe an 18", fluted and CTR would take a bit off.

I'm in the same boat, getting rid of my M1A EBR because of the weight and I'm planning on picking one of these up and lightening it up as much as possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ianski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm in the same boat, getting rid of my M1A EBR because of the weight and I'm planning on picking one of these up and lightening it up as much as possible.</div></div>

How do you plan on lightening yours? What would you do??

Does anyone have a weight figure for a 16 inch GAP-10? If so, what configuration is it? (Rifle or Midlength HG, stock, etc.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Krazny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a weight figure for a 16 inch GAP-10? If so, what configuration is it? (Rifle or Midlength HG, stock, etc.) </div></div>

14 pounds 10 ounces

Surefire brake
16" barrel
Normal handguard
PRS Stock
Atlas Bipod
Bushy G2 HDMR
Badger Rings

Thank you. I had estimated 9.5. My calculations works out to 9.6 for the bare rifle, no mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigCarrot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper_257</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my GAP-10 this evening. I had to wait to get it because it got done the day I was leaving on vacation. now I just have to wait for my SS 5X20 to get hear so I can try it out.
DSCN3509.jpg
DSCN3510.jpg
</div></div>

I ordered mine yesterday and went with a combination of mil-spec green and black. I LOVE the tan, but I wish the stock matched better. I would probably have gone with tan if they were a little closer. </div></div>

Yeah I wonder what's up with that? I'll most likely get the tan anyway. I really like it.

I posted this in the optic section but I'll likely get more hits here...

For you guys with GAP-10s....

I'm only looking for those with 34mm tube optics w/50mm objectives. What height rings are you running on your GAP-10 and how much clearance do you have left to the top of the rail cutout? I want to go as low as I can without clearance issues.

I may be swayed by a 1-piece but nothing canted and it needs to sit lowwwww.

I don't have the scope in my hands yet or I'd figure this out myself. Thanx

Off the current subject but I need answers from experienced fellas. After reading this post a GAP 10 is in my future. I need a little help with an optic mount for my 30mm Leupold 4.5-14x50.

I would like a quick detach mount that sits low and is aluminum. I plan on running a Magpul PRS on the gun.

Any suggestions? Personal expericences w/ a low mount like the one I am wanting?

Greatly appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GDI makes great mounts, highly reccomended. </div></div>

Just be prepared to wait for it, a l-o-n-g time.

Well heck....from what I have been reading, sounds like it is going to be a while for the rifle to be built too. All I got to do now is hurry up and wait.

Any other mounts out there w/o the wait?

Thanks for the comments fellas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oklahoma5-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well heck....from what I have been reading, sounds like it is going to be a while for the rifle to be built too. All I got to do now is hurry up and wait.

Thanks for the comments fellas.</div></div>

You might take a look at the SPUHR and Alamo 4-Star.

http://www.milehighshooting.com/index.cf...&pageid=105

http://www.alamofourstar.com/index.php?p...rt&Itemid=2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oklahoma5-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well heck....from what I have been reading, sounds like it is going to be a while for the rifle to be built too. All I got to do now is hurry up and wait.

Thanks for the comments fellas. </div></div>

I have a JP mount thats real nice

Are any of you guys running a 1.18 high Spuhr with a 50mm obj. optic?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oklahoma5-0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well heck....from what I have been reading, sounds like it is going to be a while for the rifle to be built too. All I got to do now is hurry up and wait.

Thanks for the comments fellas.</div></div>

You might take a look at the SPUHR and Alamo 4-Star.

http://www.milehighshooting.com/index.cf...&pageid=105

http://www.alamofourstar.com/index.php?p...rt&Itemid=2</div></div>

wow.....nice mounts

So I just bought an S&B PM II 5-25 x 56 with the MSR reticule for my Gap 10 build. How should I mount that Scope? I know the rifle comes with a Gap 20 MOA base do I need that to shoot to a 1000 yards? Rings?

Not to Change the subject but i need some help here. I Received my Gap-10 about 2 months ago..no more than 3.. and i treat it like a queen.. Its "FDE" color and supposed to be cerakote...I am noticing this "cerakote" is not holding up. Matter of fact i cleaned the rifle today(i clean using CLP, and bore tech..nothing harsh like carb cleaner etc) and i laid it down on my reloading bench. I had a couple of Kernels of Varget on the bench (wood bench) and it rubbed the cerakote off. I am concerned with this coating and would like some input on how hard this stuff is to scratch or wear off...

I found a video ...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9YDCpbo_6I&feature=related
and if Cerakote is supposed to hold up like this.. maybe i should give GAP a call tomorrow and discuss my concerns.. I know i should have submitted a pic with this... however i was called out to work(offshore) and i had to put the rifle in my safe and leave home... Any and all input would be nice on the "Toughness" this coating is perceived as..
Because if i had to compare whats on my GAP to anything it would be less durable than KRYLON...

Sounds like something isn't right. I don't like my rifles slippery, oily, or shiny so I clean the exterior with denatured alcohol and it doesn't hurt the cerakote. I have 3 coated rifles and clean them all the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can any one tell me what they are feeding their GAP 10 260s in the way of handloads.
Thanks
T </div></div>

7mm-08 Winchester brass, necked down in full-length sizing dies
Lapua .260 Rem bras, must also be full-length sized first to feed reliably (learned this the hard way)
Rem 9 1/2 Primers
H4350
RL17
139gr Scenars
130gr Berger VLD's
140gr Barnes Match Burners
142gr SMK's

So far, I really like my Berger 130gr loads on H4350 the best, for a 1000yd load. At 100yds, I'm shooting .4-.6" 5-round groups with that combo, and 9.25" at 1000yds.

Rifle is a laser. I went with a 22" Bartlein barrel, and get 2860fps with the 130gr. I just need to find some good bulk prices on the Bergers, because I can't afford to eat them at over $40/box.

Ordered mine today..hopefully it'll be ready for spring:)

20" RL handguard
Noveske S Block
Geissele DMR
PRS
Badger FTE
Magpul OD Cerakote

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: toddconley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can any one tell me what they are feeding their GAP 10 260s in the way of handloads.
Thanks
T </div></div>
41.5 gr h 4350, remington brass, coal 2.75", 123 gr lapua scenar, CCI #200 large rifle primers, MV = 2700 fps, very accurate load, functions flawlessly in my gap 10 in .260

Wow!! Very nice!

What are the specs on that rifle? Is that a FDE Pmag or did you have it painted?

I placed an order early this week for a GAP-10. Then I had the misfortune to change my mind about some options. Mainly after seeing different barrel lengths here and what options guys are ordering (can't see different lengths on the GA site). I contacted GA via mail order to ask about changing it, and was told since it has entered the build process, no changes. Gee, probably won't actually start building it for months and will sit in a stack of other orders until then? So I have to take it in a configuration I would rather not, because it is already in the build process? Ok.

Seems to me if a customer wants to make a change and it has truly not yet started actual build, why not charge him an admin fee for the extra time it will take to change a few entries on a computerized form and let the guy have it how he would prefer? Easy money for the company and the customer is happy. Better yet, why not just make the changes and call it customer service? I know, they've got better things to do than change my order umpteen times. I know. But if you have to tell me, go ahead.

I know this will not be well received here, so let the flaming begin.

I must say that I have always liked the gap-10 and their bolt action rifles but after hearing this I would be highly pissed. There is no reason why you cannot change your configuration if the build has not started. I have the answer for you, call and cancel your build, then call JP Enterprise and place your order for a JP LRP-07. When I ordered mine I called @ least 4 different times to make changes and never ever was there a problem. And now I have had my rifle for about 6 months and it is by far the best rifle I have ever shot, and the quality is second to none. By the way I have shot the Gap-10 too, nice but not a JP.