• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk Gamer Plates?

Baker wings don't create a flat bottom (at least not on an ACC). They sit slightly above the plane of the bottom surface of the chassis. Keith describes the effect as being similar to a V-bottomed boat hull. The idea being that it makes it easier to level the rifle when compared to a wide, flat plate, while still providing lots of surface area for stability (and grip tape covered bottom surfaces for friction). Since the wings are attached to the chassis, they also keep the rifle's bore axis closer to the surface of the bag than a plate that clamps to the bottom of the chassis.

But the Area419 plate is removable, and you can attach the bag directly to it.
It's funny that they use the V bottom hull. They are way less stable then a flat bottom. I have been looking into a gamer plates also but just not sure I'll use it much.

Gamer plates that are not realy QD

*slowly getting ready for Rimfire Worlds in Italy , noticed these made for some Italian competitors on FB

363963350_665512658949795_2776437572592344065_n.jpg

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
So a rail system that incorporates arca, plate, and a bag stop. Genius!

Until you need to remove the plate because it's too wide for a prop or you need to move your bipod to the rear farther than it allows. Having the bag stop is nice on the plate and I did the cheap guy route and added one on my 419 plate.

68720828254__7E0F707E-D973-49D2-83F2-50DDBA3A409A.jpg

For sure. I thought about that as well.. With that said I do have a 3D printed plate from a local guy that is just wide enough to provide stability but not so wide it can’t fit in tighter spaces. Haven’t had to ditch it on the clock yet.