• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gaming the NRL-22 Offhand Stages - does anyone GAF?

Regardless of whether you think the rule is hot garbage or the most eloquent piece of prose ever to be put to paper, the twisting of the rule will continue until it is clarified.
My good man, I did not merely opine; rather I just proved the rule’s intent using the rules of the English language.

The way the western legal system works is that if something is not expressly illegal, then it is legal.
Ok, then why focus on just the standing position? If you’ve not noticed, along with not defining “standing unsupported position”, the rules also do not define ANY OTHER position. The writer of the rule book assumes you have a brain.

Using your logic, I propose you show up to the match with this for the “seated unsupported position”:
6A447625-7547-454B-9FC0-3EA85BBF0378.jpeg

The rules do not expressly limit the “ground” to not include tractors. Nor do they expressly limit the use of non-rifles, like centerfire pistols, howitzers, AA guns, TOW missile launchers, or, for heaven’s sake, frantically calling in a B-52 Arc Light strike against that last poor little (but nasty) 1/4” KYL spinner.

871A88AF-5717-4FA1-A9E9-2FC60FC939FC.gif

STILL MISSED IT

Are you aware of the utterly ludicrous and, dare I say, depraved rabbit hole you’re going down here?

Absent some cogent response from the other side, from whomever, I’m assuming victory here. If you choose not to engage, you’ve just lost the argument (at this point, at least).

Tweeeeet I’m calling a match DQ on the squatters…

Last edited:
The way the western legal system works is that if something is not expressly illegal, then it is legal. The only thing that the entire rule book says about the standing unsupported position is that the shooter must have both feet on the ground. It says nothing about the disposition of anything other than the feel, in any section of the rule set.

Regardless of whether you think the rule is hot garbage or the most eloquent piece of prose ever to be put to paper, the twisting of the rule will continue until it is clarified.
So your logic implies that laying prone is fine, as long as both feet touch the ground?

Shooter should have received a 0 on the stage. Squatting isn't standing, doesn't need to be further defined. UNLESS, the shooter asked the MD or RO prior to the stage and was given a thumbs up. Totally different story then. Gaming is a huge part of the shooter sports but good sportsmanship is to ask the question when you know you are violating the spirit of the stage. Sometimes you get the go ahead, sometimes you don't, but I hate being squadded with people who take 30 minutes on the backend arguing a point they could have clarified in the stage briefing.

Honestly I think everybody knows the intent and that's what should be used.

People who intentionally cheat should get a heavy penalty like IDPA has a failure to do right

Reactions: Schütze
Rules and definitions, and the slippery slope…
In the early 2000’s music group front man Bono dropped the F-bomb in an interview. The FCC made a ruling saying it’s all in the delivery. Since then “hard language” has become the norm on radio, tv, etc. You might have been sensitive to this if you were raising kids during this permissible language transition.
As “gun people” the 2A has come under increasing attack from every tenable stance including “verbal intent”.
Now we are “redefining” what is a gender, etc. etc. geeze, makes one tired.
I shoot to relax and escape this day to day assault on my sensibilities. In my not so humble opinion, a line should have been drawn in the sand the first time this crap came up. Seriously, if you don’t take a stand on the little things, you will never resist when the big things come steamrolling at you. Such crap is an insult to the sport and sportsmanship.
Also, anything that “needs interpretation” should be covered at the stage brief. If you need a blessed dictionary to understand a course of fire, and what’s permissible, perhaps this isn’t your game.

Rules and definitions, and the slippery slope…
In the early 2000’s music group front man Bono dropped the F-bomb in an interview. The FCC made a ruling saying it’s all in the delivery. Since then “hard language” has become the norm on radio, tv, etc. You might have been sensitive to this if you were raising kids during this permissible language transition.
As “gun people” the 2A has come under increasing attack from every tenable stance including “verbal intent”.
Now we are “redefining” what is a gender, etc. etc. geeze, makes one tired.
I shoot to relax and escape this day to day assault on my sensibilities. In my not so humble opinion, a line should have been drawn in the sand the first time this crap came up. Seriously, if you don’t take a stand on the little things, you will never resist when the big things come steamrolling at you. Such crap is an insult to the sport and sportsmanship.
Also, anything that “needs interpretation” should be covered at the stage brief. If you need a blessed dictionary to understand a course of fire, and what’s permissible, perhaps this isn’t your game.
Very well stated

Shooter should have received a 0 on the stage. Squatting isn't standing, doesn't need to be further defined. UNLESS, the shooter asked the MD or RO prior to the stage and was given a thumbs up. Totally different story then. Gaming is a huge part of the shooter sports but good sportsmanship is to ask the question when you know you are violating the spirit of the stage. Sometimes you get the go ahead, sometimes you don't, but I hate being squadded with people who take 30 minutes on the backend arguing a point they could have clarified in the stage briefing.
This whole thing should’ve been a non-issue.. it was cleared with the MD beforehand, and it was done as a goof.

Reactions: Badjujuu
People in the sport already know the following, of course, but just mentioning it for casual observers (like me).

In the interim between this thread’s beginning and today, NRL22 has made the obvious meaning of the “standing” rule even more obvious. Now it reads:

The standing unsupported position means both legs are fully erect with both feet flat on the ground and the rifle being supported by a sling, hand and/or shoulder.​

In practice, I do hope just the legs remain “fully erect.”