• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gang banger's bad choice of the week...

Parallax

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 2, 2007
Waushara County, Wisconsin
The Wood County Sheriff's Department has released video of a Wisconsin Rapids police officer shooting a 16-year-old boy who was holding a knife.

At 2:59 a.m. Aug. 15, a Wisconsin Rapids officer responded to the report of three people attacking a vehicle and one person threatening a man with a knife.

Wisconsin Rapids Officer Rod Krakow, a 22-year veteran of the department, encountered a 16-year-old boy on Gaynor Avenue and soon was joined by two other officers.

In the video taken from Krakow's squad car, Krakow can be heard repeatedly ordering the teenager to drop the knife and get to the ground. He tells another officer to "tase him" just before the teenager lunges at Krakow.

Wood County Sheriff's Department Investigator-Sgt. Scott Machotka said the teenager was about 18 feet from the officer when he lunged forward. He was 12 feet away from Krakow when the first shot was fired, and he fell to the ground about four feet from Krakow after the second shot was fired.

A Wood County Sheriff's Department investigation of the incident determined Krakow acted appropriately.

The teenager remained in fair condition Friday at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. Authorities plan to request charges and hope to have the 16-year-old waived into adult court.
Squad Dash Video

Re: Gang banger's bad choice of the week...

Hopefully the gang banger dies. One less to deal with.

Bringing a knife to a gun fight = bad idea.

Good shoot! Hope all is well with the officer.
When I first watched the video, I was like WTF are the other 2 officers doing? The officer was basically by himself. I looked up that P.D. and saw it was a small town, (not an excuse, just an observation) so they were probably in more shock than the initial officer. Still, good shoot! Kudos to the officer for reacting the way he did. Kinda sheds updated light that the 21 feet theory still applies.

Good shoot. Gotta love how the media refuses to reference the young man without calling him a boy. Controversy sells newspapers and they'll never pass up an opportunity to create one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The teenager remained in fair condition Friday at Ministry Saint Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. Authorities plan to request charges and hope to have the 16-year-old waived into adult court.</div></div>

That officer was perfectly correct in his actions. Just need to practice up at the range. Just a little bit more.

I think I'll reduce my practice distance another couple of feet. We've got some fast critters around here.

+1 police
smile.gif

-1 stupid kid

Maybe use a little more gun too.

Parents raised him wrong. My father and TV taught me that a firearm trumps a knife 10 times out of 10.

Proves a few things.

never bring a knife to a gunfight,
When told to get down , get down
The seven foot rule is alive and well

And a PISTOL is a poor stopping weapon .

Good shoot , tries less than lethal first.

video was down earlier, but I just watched it....WOW what a moron, that is definitely a good shoot. Kid backs up backs up backs up, and then LUNGE! I'd have not hesitated to shoot his ass too.

There isn't a lot of training needed to make a knife work and it doesn't jam or have to be reloaded.

Whatever happened to a double tap to the chest and then one to the face?

It's a bad choice for a gang banger to bring a knife to a gun fight. But the worst choice was being a gang banger in the first place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good shoot. Gotta love how the media refuses to reference the young man without calling him a boy. Controversy sells newspapers and they'll never pass up an opportunity to create one. </div></div>

I notice they also refer to him as a 16yr old 3 times,teenager another and SCUMBAG not once.

If one has slow feet, they best learn how to use a ruse....

No worries, he'll have a few months in the cooler to learn that.

Great square range work on the officer's part. Glad it worked out.

Good luck

it's funny, the reason he took off was because he was going to get tased. Also looks like he was going to ditch the knife before the officer got to him. Officer should have killed the sob

Nice double and pretty good triangulation. Got to get off the tracks so if he's able, he runs past you.

I don't believe in trying him as an adult.
If he's 16 he's 16.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Authorities plan to request charges and hope to have the 16-year-old waived into adult court.</div></div>

Is that a fancy way of saying he's going to be charged as an adult? My question is why? No one was hurt except for himself. And is it just me or does one of the other cops walk over and kick him in the head after he's down?

Lucky

- No offline movement
- X2 then assess

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Authorities plan to request charges and hope to have the 16-year-old waived into adult court.</div></div>

Is that a fancy way of saying he's going to be charged as an adult? My question is why? No one was hurt except for himself. And is it just me or does one of the other cops walk over and kick him in the head after he's down? </div></div>

WTF?? The second officer is simply trying to find out if he is still conscious and a threat.

I correct myself. Parallax is right, the second officer was kicking the knife away!

fuck the punk ass little prick bring a knife to a gun fight duh.would have been cooler if the cop wpuld have shot him with a 12 guage at that distance.gang banger soup anyone...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The teenager remained in fair condition
</div></div>

That cop needs to be reprimanded for missing the target...

Electric chair sounds about right for punishment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Authorities plan to request charges and hope to have the 16-year-old waived into adult court.</div></div>

Is that a fancy way of saying he's going to be charged as an adult? My question is why? No one was hurt except for himself. And is it just me or does one of the other cops walk over and kick him in the head after he's down? </div></div>

The charging decision in this State, waiving a Juvie into adult court, is based on ONE of two criteria. Seriousness of the attempted crime and the "total package" of the offender. In other words, prior offenses... and this assclown has a loooong rap sheet. And attempted murder of a LEO is about as serious as it gets... that's likely what he will be initially charged with. Simple assault on an officer here is also a Felony anyway.

No kick to the head... he's kicking the knife away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And attempted murder of a LEO is about as serious as it gets...
</div></div>

I would have thought actual murder would have been as serious as it gets.
wink.gif

^^^

I'm not getting the humor in this. Anybody?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^^^

I'm not getting the humor in this. Anybody?</div></div>

I'm sure not.

I live in this town and didn't even know it happened! This used to be a nice small town of about 17,000. The last few years we have began to be infested with these little gang banger wannabees. I don't know where they are coming from! Too much M.T.V. I guess?

I'm glad that the police officer is safe. It's good that the officer was covering down with his pistol. Many underestimate the distance that someone can travel with a knife. As we saw, this POS was close when he fell to the ground.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And is it just me or does one of the other cops walk over and kick him in the head after he's down? </div></div>

It's just you. Officer is kicking the knife away. Good shooting, a lot of people would have frozen or even turned and run (I've seen it happen.) I would have tried to keep a little more distance, but the perp did look like he was going to "bush bond" initially. The bad part is the officer will probably end up having to go through a civil lawsuit even though he was clearly justified.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There isn't a lot of training needed to make a knife work and it doesn't jam or have to be reloaded.

Whatever happened to a double tap to the chest and then one to the face? </div></div>

Maybe because humans don't act like steel or paper when shot. Sometimes they MOVE after taking a bullet which means you can't put the rounds where you thought you could.....suddenly your second shot hits his left side/ back area and your third shot hits his ass.....just saying...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Parallax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And attempted murder of a LEO is about as serious as it gets...
</div></div>

I would have thought actual murder would have been as serious as it gets.
wink.gif
</div></div>

"is about" is key here. As murder is obviously the worst.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good shoot. Gotta love how the media refuses to reference the young man without calling him a boy. Controversy sells newspapers and they'll never pass up an opportunity to create one. </div></div>

I notice they also refer to him as a 16yr old 3 times,teenager another and SCUMBAG not once.

</div></div>

That's because it is perfectly normal in most of our society to have 20 or 30 yr old little boys. You can be a 12 yr old man, but our output of men is terribly low, so it's generally only a question of how many years of insubordination a boy has under his belt. Once upon a time, the big brothers type volunteer thing appealed to me, but then I thought F that. I'd rather just try to outbreed the scumbages with my own legitimate sons rather than bother with trying to correct the wrongs and reverse legitimate resentment toward some absentee father.

Good shoot, and served him right. Charge him as an adult with attempt murder and lock him up for 10 years. I was pretty surprised that the cop who fired was calm enough to get on the radio and sound that good. Look's like he's a 10.

I was trying to think of something with a ring of eloquence to it to respond with, but all that came out is:
You are a fucking idiot.

The video perfectly show how distance can close quickly. That punk didn't even move relatively quickly, lost most motivation after the first shot, yet still closed half the distance.

Imagine a motivated, amped up, hardened, "I'm not going back" sierra bravo closing 18ft.........

Looks like once the officer gave the order to taze him is when he decided to charge. Probably figured that he was going to go out in a bang...and he did. Looks to be a "suicide by cop" situation. The officer was clearly justified, it was a clean shoot. As far as what criminal charges he faces, they could charge him with attempted murder of a LEO, but will probably plea bargain to assault with a deadly weapon.

The only problem I am seeing here is, what makes him a gang-banger? I saw nothing to allude me to thinking that he was a gang member, nor was this gang related. Dealing with these little shits on a daily basis kinda makes me a nit-picker on labeling some kids who could be off his meds, or wasnt hugged enough or too much, as opposed to the lippy little fuckers that think the street corner they were named after is their personal territory. Tags, hand signs, associates, tats, clothing patterns and colors...ect tend to qualifiy a spoiled wet dream as a gang banger, not just an unprovoked attack, and assault on LEO.

Beautiful. Well done and thanks to that LEO and the rest of you that put your lives on the line for us everyday.

I remember undergoing some training where an OPFOR would attack us with a knife 30 feet away(in bushland, not paved road). We had to draw from a safari land drop leg holster and put as many sim rounds in assailant as possible. Over 90% of the time OPFOR would make his mark without a round being fired and mind you just like in the video often times when you shoot someone on the run who is amped up and possibly doped up they dont just stop dead in their tracks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Maser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Authorities plan to request charges and hope to have the 16-year-old waived into adult court.</div></div>

I was trying to think of something with a ring of eloquence to it to respond with, but all that came out is:
You are a fucking idiot.

The video perfectly show how distance can close quickly. That punk didn't even move relatively quickly, lost most motivation after the first shot, yet still closed half the distance.

Imagine a motivated, amped up, hardened, "I'm not going back" sierra bravo closing 18ft......... </div></div>

+1

Good shoot...well, partly good, he didnt get centered up shot to finish the job!

Unfortunately, the MAN is going to survive.....shame, could have cleaned up the gene pool a bit and saved us taxpayers some $$

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...The only problem I am seeing here is, what makes him a gang-banger? </div></div>

That was added because of additional knowledge of the situation...

Did I miss the caliber of the pistol?

I am assuming 40 S&W probably?

Man, the BG went down, but it didnt seem to be as a direct result of the energy imparted from the 2 rounds, assuming they both hit.

Seemed more like he realized he had rounds in him, and lost his desire to fight, as opposed to the projectile ending the fight.

Scary to think about. I carry a 45 ACP, which has a great reputation as a fight stopper, but I am pretty sure I have seen similar videos wih 45 ACP being the pistol's caliber.

Really puts into perspective the old notion of a pistol only being good as a means to fight your way to your rifle.

Either way, good shoot, and I am glad the parasite, for whatever reason, was unable to injure the cop, just doing his job.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ace31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful. Well done and thanks to that LEO and the rest of you that put your lives on the line for us everyday.

I remember undergoing some training where an OPFOR would attack us with a knife 30 feet away(in bushland, not paved road). We had to draw from a safari land drop leg holster and put as many sim rounds in assailant as possible. Over 90% of the time OPFOR would make his mark without a round being fired and mind you just like in the video often times when you shoot someone on the run who is amped up and possibly doped up they dont just stop dead in their tracks.
</div></div>

I was wondering if the Cop hadn't had his Pistol drawn if he would have won that fight. When I took my CCW class in May the instructor talked about how quick someone with a Knife could cover 21 feet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trapshooter12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I was wondering if the Cop hadn't had his Pistol drawn if he would have won that fight. When I took my CCW class in May the instructor talked about how quick someone with a Knife could cover 21 feet. </div></div>

No way, no how. Now he may have won the fight some other way, but if you are wondering if he could have drawn and fired on his target...from my experience. NO!