• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 or Larue OBR or LWRC Repr?

I will never go with LWRC again because of an experience I helped a friend with. I had an m6a2 and my friend was new to guns and loved my LWRC after shooting it along with other ARs I had. He asked if they (lwrc) made a 308 and didn't care what it cost. He is a multi millionaire. Long story short he bought a repr and it was a lemon. I told him to send it in to because it wasnt feeding correctly and I had no clue why. After months and months of waiting (more patiently than I would have) he started to inquire with lwrc about where the hell his rifle was. He was very patient with them. He finally took it higher in the company and left a vm with an LWRC manager that I won't name. The next day he gets an email back from the tech indicating that his boss spoke with him and that they are "expediting" the "fixed rifle" back to him, overnight mail. Here is the interesting part. The email this tech sent actually was a trail from his boss who my buddy called to get action. The boss' email that was sent to the tech said "this guy is a real PITA! Send his rifle to him". They accidentally forwarded their internal email where they were talking shit about him.!! My buddy forwarded the email to me. I couldn't beleive they sent an email calling my friend a "pain in the ass" after he spent $3,600 on a rifle that didnt work and was very patient. The tech realized he forwarded the whole email thread and sent my friend an email shortly after saying "sorry, I just realized i sent the email my manager sent me. And just so you know, our acronym of "pita" means "pissed individual take action". Bullshit!!!! You can't make this shit up!! I still have these emails. By the way, he got his repr back and its still a lemon. They messed it up even worse. The buffer spring feels like a sponge. Doesn't feed. He has so much money he just said "screw it, I have a $3,600 paperweight and LWRC will never get another penny of mine". I love my m6a2 but I would be remiss if I did not tell this story about LWRC!

Well shit if you all are going to resurrect an old thread of mine I might as well update it. As I said before I went with the JP in 6.5CM, but I'm just about to order a GAP this week also. Not sure if it will be 7.62 or 6.5CM yet though.

Hey fitter, not sure if you thought of this, but since you got the JP 6.5, wanted to let you know GAP does a 6mm Creedmoor. Since youll already have brass for the 6.5 why not change it up some? Im definitely planning on a GAP-10 in the future and it most certainly will be 6mm CM. May get a .308 18" barrel upper after that but first its gonna be a 6mm. From what Ive seen the 6mm CM GAP-10s have been exquisite tack drivers and very successful, but then again arent all GAPs tack drivers? Lol

I will never go with LWRC again because of an experience I helped a friend with. I had an m6a2 and my friend was new to guns and loved my LWRC after shooting it along with other ARs I had. He asked if they (lwrc) made a 308 and didn't care what it cost. He is a multi millionaire. Long story short he bought a repr and it was a lemon. I told him to send it in to because it wasnt feeding correctly and I had no clue why. After months and months of waiting (more patiently than I would have) he started to inquire with lwrc about where the hell his rifle was. He was very patient with them. He finally took it higher in the company and left a vm with an LWRC manager that I won't name. The next day he gets an email back from the tech indicating that his boss spoke with him and that they are "expediting" the "fixed rifle" back to him, overnight mail. Here is the interesting part. The email this tech sent actually was a trail from his boss who my buddy called to get action. The boss' email that was sent to the tech said "this guy is a real PITA! Send his rifle to him". They accidentally forwarded their internal email where they were talking shit about him.!! My buddy forwarded the email to me. I couldn't beleive they sent an email calling my friend a "pain in the ass" after he spent $3,600 on a rifle that didnt work and was very patient. The tech realized he forwarded the whole email thread and sent my friend an email shortly after saying "sorry, I just realized i sent the email my manager sent me. And just so you know, our acronym of "pita" means "pissed individual take action". Bullshit!!!! You can't make this shit up!! I still have these emails. By the way, he got his repr back and its still a lemon. They messed it up even worse. The buffer spring feels like a sponge. Doesn't feed. He has so much money he just said "screw it, I have a $3,600 paperweight and LWRC will never get another penny of mine". I love my m6a2 but I would be remiss if I did not tell this story about LWRC!

Your friend must have a much different attitude than I do. If this story is all true I would be much more enticed to get the problem resolved after seeing that email and finding out my gun still doesn't work. I would make a phone call and let them know that this incident will be circulated online unless made right. If the story is true the worst thing you can do is just sit on a dead rifle. I don't care if money isn't an option, it is the principal. Hell, sell me the paper weight I will try to get it resolved.

Your friend must have a much different attitude than I do. If this story is all true I would be much more enticed to get the problem resolved after seeing that email and finding out my gun still doesn't work. I would make a phone call and let them know that this incident will be circulated online unless made right. If the story is true the worst thing you can do is just sit on a dead rifle. I don't care if money isn't an option, it is the principal. Hell, sell me the paper weight I will try to get it resolved.

I know, I told him to sell it to me. He said he will deal with it some other time. He just stockpiles just to stockpile and collect. Like I said, at the time he was new to guns but since he has stockpiled an arsenal thAt I would dream of. Barrett's, trgs, lmts, custom 1911s, etc, without even shooting them. Hell, He has a trg 42 with a Schmidt and bender scope that he has never shot. And it IS true. I have no reason to bullshit. Like I said, my m6a2 has been great. I couldn't believe the emails he sent to me. I felt partially responsible because I vouched for lwrc.

I would look at JP or POF also. My PoFs have been very accurate and Lowlight also has a high opinion of them.

I think the Scar with the heavy barrel etc is coming out soon also if that interests you.

Edit. Good choice. Should have read whole thread.

Last edited:
If you want a Piston, Buy a SCAR16/17. Othwerwise, you are flushing money down the toilet. Even units that went to the 416, have gone back to other platforms/moved on.

Cobracutter is right here. I used HK-416s extensively in the Army and I can tell you, that after hard use, they break. Actually, they fall apart...period. We also tested LWRCs and they didnt like 77gr .556 mil ammo. The piston game is all bullshit... trust me. Eventually, we all ran the HK lowers but ran Noveskes, BCMs etc(with some work with our armorer) with Troy Extreme Battle rails(all gas guns). If you keep them wet with good lube, they run fine in all conditions. The issue is, ARs are made to be gas guns and designed that way. We tried to retrofit something into it that it wasnt designed for... ie: the issues. Oh, and the SCAR... dont get me going on that thing... though its a more reliable choice.

Now, the OBR and GAP 10 are light years ahead of LWRC. There is a BIG difference in a gun that WILL shoot 3/8 MOA 90%(GAP) of the time and a rifle that shots sub MOA everytime...ie: .75- 1 MOA 50% of the time. Anyway, waste your money on what you want... but there is plenty of objective data on this site and others to reinforce such claims. Good day mate

Edited: I have extensive experience with the Knight M110...SASS. Ill tell you this, its the biggest POS. I was at the USASOC Sniper match and witnessed an engineer from said company state(when asked why, with the suppressor off... its like a 2 MOA gun... NO SHIT. He said "Well, we know that out of 5 rifles made, only 3 of them will be sub 1 MOA guns". I lost my mind... its a $15,000 sniper weapon system. Anyway, the bottom line, you can get better rifles from people who appreciate the business and will back the rifle up 100%. George and JP are great guys... just call and talk to them. Out

Last edited:
Why do half of the threads seem to devolve into a service record dick measuring competition, I don't really mind I'm just curious. To the OP, out of your choices if go with the GAP just based on reputation. I had a LWRC, it wasn't anything special and sold it due to the fact that it didn't do anything my LMT couldn't. I also recommend you take a look at the JP rifles

Sometimes it does seem as if people in this forum are trying to see who has the biggest dick, after years and years of shooting the only real conclusion I have been able to come to is that the JP LRP-07, GAP-10 and Larue OBR are the TOP 3 AR rifles on the market. The rest are not bad but they are just not in the same league as these 3, so what it comes down to is which one of these do you like best because they will all shoot the same one hole groups. The reason I did not include KAC is the other 3 shoots just as good with the same quality but for a lot less money.

Last edited:
GAP-10 or Larue OBR or LWRC Repr?

Lots of fanfare with these guns. I've owned many .308 AR rifles and have had issues with every brand I've owned except for Knights. My Gap 10 was a disaster; I fixed it then sold it. One (of two) Larue PredatARs ran great and was fairly accurate the other was a 4MOA gun that I couldn't make run. Don't make me start on the REPR.

I sold the Knights SR-25 EMC during the 2013 madness and am currently on my 3rd SCAR. The EMC was perfect, all brass fell 4 o'clock at about 5 feet and it produced 5/8-3/4" groups regularly; however, it was heavy and very expensive. All three of my scars have been flawless (close to 4K rounds) and now that I've learned to shoot them I can produce fairly regular sub MOA (3/4-7/8") groups (when absolutely focused) with the one I still own. While not as easy to shoot or quite as accurate, the reliability, weight, cost and ease of maintenance make the scar my preference for a semi-auto .308 right now.

I do plan to try a JP LRP-07 in the future as there have been some pretty solid reports on them.

Last edited:
Why do half of the threads seem to devolve into a service record dick measuring competition...

You'll notice when a thread goes that direction it's usually by those who are either a) mall ninjas with a shout out to Phoenix University for their service record, or b) someone who starts to lose a debate and believes they can turn the tide by throwing a service record out there as a end all against civvies or admin since they think no one will argue against it. In both circumstances they need to reevaluate their self esteem...

Lots of fanfare with these guns. I've owned many .308 AR rifles and have had issues with every brand I've owned except for Knights. My Gap 10 was a disaster; I fixed it then sold it. One (of two) Larue PredatARs ran great and was fairly accurate the other was a 4MOA gun that I couldn't make run. Don't make me start on the REPR.

I sold the Knights SR-25 EMC during the 2013 madness and am currently on my 3rd SCAR. The EMC was perfect, all brass fell 4 o'clock at about 5 feet and it produced 5/8-3/4" groups regularly; however, it was heavy and very expensive. All three of my scars have been flawless (close to 4K rounds) and now that I've learned to shoot them I can produce fairly regular sub MOA (3/4-7/8") groups (when absolutely focused) with the one I still own. While not as easy to shoot or quite as accurate, the reliability, weight, cost and ease of maintenance make the scar my preference for a semi-auto .308 right now.

I do plan to try a JP LRP-07 in the future as there have been some pretty solid reports on them.

SCAR? Really? You are a man of exceptions then because out of everything you listed the SCAR has some of the worst track records for accuracy. I've seen SCARs that even with handloading barely hold 1 MOA and require WAY more maintenance. The EMC is decent but overpriced and far from the most accurate platform out there.

Can only speak to my experience. Out of the dozen or so .308's I've owned only the SCAR and Knight's have been 100% for me. The SCAR is accurate enough for me now that I've figured out how to shoot it, but then, I'm not trying to win bench rest matches with it.

I appreciate your honesty about it, although in my opinion there's a reason you don't see anyone shooting field matches with a SCAR. If you have yours dialed under 1 MOA then consider yourself one of the lucky.

Go to my local gun shop to pick up my AR (lwrc) and I see that they had 2 Larue's. Had to take the 18" OBR, traded my noveske and some cash for it. Didn't even have to wait a year lol. They have a 16" PredatAR (7.62) as well but didn't want a 16" barrel. Now to wait 10 f***ing days......

Go to my local gun shop to pick up my AR (lwrc) and I see that they had 2 Larue's. Had to take the 18" OBR, traded my noveske and some cash for it. Didn't even have to wait a year lol. They have a 16" PredatAR (7.62) as well but didn't want a 16" barrel. Now to wait 10 f***ing days......

Parallax Tactical?

Not a trained guy, I'd say I'm a solid MOA shooter. Off a bipod and bag tOBR is treating me right.

I've got a REPR and it's been a solid 1-1.75 shooter. I will say to shoot a 1 inch group is difficult and not that common. To be realistic I shoot it in the 1.5 range. It's not the most accurate but it does have some cool features that other rifles don't have. Approx 500 rds and never had a malfunction, it eats all the ammo I've ran through it.

SCAR? Really? You are a man of exceptions then because out of everything you listed the SCAR has some of the worst track records for accuracy. I've seen SCARs that even with handloading barely hold 1 MOA and require WAY more maintenance. The EMC is decent but overpriced and far from the most accurate platform out there.

ERP wrong again.

Most of them hold around 1MOA with factory ammo. 1 MOA (or 1.3) is the standard for the M40, SASS , M24 and most sniper weapon systems.

Amazing my scar holds .5-.75 with FGGM and I'm not even that great of a shot. Everyone who shoots them reports similar accuracy.

Just because you can't afford the EMC or understand that a few tenths of a MOA is insignificant to fighting guns, doesn't mean you have to shit on the most proven large frame AR in existence.

Of the 3 what would you pick for a SASS? All 3 configured the same with 20" barrels.

Thanks

FNG weighing in

I have limited trigger time with the REPR and the OBR. I also have some trigger time on a GAP bolt gun. Between the REPR and the OBR the OBR wins hands down. I was so impressed with the OBR that after firing a just over 100 rounds out of it I placed an oder for one myself. However I can speak personally for the wait times with LaRue right now. THEY SUCK!!!!!!! I placed an order for an OBR and after waiting for 6 months I finally canceled my order. I have also heard that LaRue might be having some trouble with blown primers. No first hand experience with that but it is concerning considering their price and the wait times, they should be a trouble free gun. The REPR seems to be more of a battle rifle than a SASS rig.

The GAP bolt gun rocked so I would suspect the same from their semi’s. That combined with all of the awesome reviews would be my choice at this point in time.

ERP wrong again.

Most of them hold around 1MOA with factory ammo. 1 MOA (or 1.3) is the standard for the M40, SASS , M24 and most sniper weapon systems.

Amazing my scar holds .5-.75 with FGGM and I'm not even that great of a shot. Everyone who shoots them reports similar accuracy.

Just because you can't afford the EMC or understand that a few tenths of a MOA is insignificant to fighting guns, doesn't mean you have to shit on the most proven large frame AR in existence.

Yeah I can't afford an EMC which is why I've owned expensive AR's including a GAP 10, optics ranging from USO's to Razors, and a Surefire Suppressor so it must be because it's out of my budget. Or... It could be because I've seen numerous people who have employed BOTH systems in Active military roles and in match roles who don't get these amazing .5-.75 MOA results even hand loading and with match their 1-1.5 MOA at best. I guess there will always be some butt hurt nancy though who wants to defend the prowess of both simply because they threw their money at the platforms likely because they saw a Delta Recon Scout Sniper SEAL use them...

Fellas, I have another +1 for GAP. I purchased a GAP-10 from a Hide member and was having some issues(which were minor but because Im a moron and I didnt catch it). Anyways, I called GAP yesterday and it was after close of business(5pm their time). I left a message with an explanation of the problem. I assumed they would get back to me in a few days. Well, I assumed wrong. Within 15 minutes, I got a call from Ken at GAP. He then worked throught the problem on the phone with me.
In a previous job, we were given LWRCs to use... and they were brand new. We had some major issues with them in regards to accuracy. We called LWRC and it took quite some time to get help. By the time they responded with a simple email like we were some run of the mill customer, we had worked the problem out already. We boxed up the rifles and went back to our worn out HK416s. Anyway, +1 for GAP fellas... good people.

Yeah I can't afford an EMC which is why I've owned expensive AR's including a GAP 10, optics ranging from USO's to Razors, and a Surefire Suppressor so it must be because it's out of my budget. Or... It could be because I've seen numerous people who have employed BOTH systems in Active military roles and in match roles who don't get these amazing .5-.75 MOA results even hand loading and with match their 1-1.5 MOA at best. I guess there will always be some butt hurt nancy though who wants to defend the prowess of both simply because they threw their money at the platforms likely because they saw a Delta Recon Scout Sniper SEAL use them...

I don't necessarily think it's fair to compare the accuracy of a scar to dedicated precision rifles, apples and oranges. That being said I've gotten .8-1.2 moa groups with my scar and match ammo so your numbers seem about right.

Edit: just reread the whole conversation and saw you weren't the one who brought that argument up, my bad