• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 or Larue OBR or LWRC Repr?

thefitter

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Of the 3 what would you pick for a SASS? All 3 configured the same with 20" barrels.

Thanks

You'll never get an OBR (there are many thousands in line ahead of you and almost no rifle movement from Larue), and the REPR is pricey.

On the other had, the GAP-10 has an accurate lead turn time, is fully customizeable, and is likely the most accurate of the group (proven and badass Bartlein barrels!!).

Difficult decision.............................. :cool:

Last edited:
I have the repr, the gap10, sr25 ECC and an lmtlm8 MWS with SS barrel. (I know you didn't mention the Lmt or sr25, just threw it in.)
Without a doubt, for a sass role; I would pick the gap10 out of those 2. My repr is accurate but not as accurate. Cold bore accuracy is in favor of the gap10 as well, from multiple shooters over time experienced 308 gas gun shooters.

For a pretty light battle rifle or really squeezing it, maybe DMR for the repr. Of course, this is all just my opinion. The last semi auto 308 I have to employ as a sass would be my repr.

Haven't owned any of the above but have read a bunch of similar threads here.......on your list, it seems like the GAP-10 is the way to go for accuracy and the ability to have it in your hands after a moderate wait (compared to a ridiculously long wait). My personal AR10 of choice is the LRP-07 by JP Enterprises. A number of folks have them here.......may want to add it to your list, as it's a shooter, can be customized, and is accessible after only a moderate wait too.

Last edited:
Not sure why you would define it as "SASS", but if you want something accurate in a DI gun it's hard to beat the LRP-07 from JP Enterprises

and the wait times are very reasonable at 10-12 weeks. They are very nice and the side-charger is outstanding.

Thanks. I was leaning to the GA anyway.

Not really sure how to do this SASS thing...was even thinking about putting a Kreiger/Geissele on my Cot 901 and replacing it with another .308 carbine..? Don't know...

No Brainer, either look at GAP-10 or JP Enterprise LRP-07. Both of these rifles are tops in the AR arena, I have a JP LRP-07 and have shot the GAP-10 and both are Accurate as hell, Tough as nails, and the most Reliable AR rifles I have ever seen or shot in my 37 years of experience. These 2 rifles don't skip a beat, George and John Paul are two of the best in the game.

No Brainer, either look at GAP-10 or JP Enterprise LRP-07. Both of these rifles are tops in the AR arena, I have a JP LRP-07 and have shot the GAP-10 and both are Accurate as hell, Tough as nails, and the most Reliable AR rifles I have ever seen or shot in my 37 years of experience. These 2 rifles don't skip a beat, George and John Paul are two of the best in the game.

Could not have stated it better myself. I have both a GAP-10 and a LRP-07 is they are great.

Not on your list but do consider a JP LRP-07.
Lead times are down, they are producing rifles without orders and posting them on their web site.
Give them a call, ask what is in production and not spoken for.

My LRP-07 results while breaking it in on day one.

Last edited:
I couldn't be happier with the setup George got going for me, over 9k downrange and still holding 3/8.....

ypasuhuh.jpg
tuny7ama.jpg
You'll never get an OBR (there are many thousands in line ahead of you and almost no rifle movement from Larue), and the REPR is pricey and has reliability problems.

On the other had, the GAP-10 has an accurate lead turn time, is fully customizeable, and is likely the most accurate of the group (proven and badass Bartlein barrels!!).

Difficult decision.............................. :cool:

Thats funny, the repr is uber reliable, sure, there's the few that have had issues just like any other platform. Mine has Never had a single ftf, fte, ftl. Thats using 150gr fmj, 168gr smk. Generally helps if one speaks from personal experiences and not what they read on the Web.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
Well I will tell you first hand as I have shot the LWRC REPR, it is a nice rifle but it is NOT in the same league as JP or GAP. I found the REPR to be way to heavy, quality average, and accuracy sucks in comparison to JP or GAP. Now if we get into customer service then the REPR really takes a hit, the customer service you get from JP or GA is way more of a personal nature. You are talking directly to the people who build your rifle, and sometimes to the exact person building you're rifle. Now I am not saying LWRC is not a fine weapon just does not come close to a JP or a GAP. And one last thing, It is not just me who thinks this, it is everyone who owns a JP or a GAP.

Look up the weight of the repr. It is lighter than the gap 10. It also handles much easier and my repr has over 1k rounds without even a hitch. I don't shoot steel crap or foreign ammo either. That said, to me the repr isn't in the same league for precision as the gap 10. From cold bore shots to consistency of precision shots, my gap is better than my repr.

I personally wouldn't entertain an OBR and go for a gap10. Not the lightest or the cleanest running 308 semi but man, it shoots great and my exposure to the company is very good.

Well I will tell you first hand as I have shot the LWRC REPR, it is a nice rifle but it is NOT in the same league as JP or GAP. I found the REPR to be way to heavy, quality average, and accuracy sucks in comparison to JP or GAP. Now if we get into customer service then the REPR really takes a hit, the customer service you get from JP or GA is way more of a personal nature. You are talking directly to the people who build your rifle, and sometimes to the exact person building you're rifle. Now I am not saying LWRC is not a fine weapon just does not come close to a JP or a GAP. And one last thing, It is not just me who thinks this, it is everyone who owns a JP or a GAP.

You speak, as though you know first hand, but you admit to having no first hand knowledge. This is the problem with forums. People regurgitate whatever they read on another forum or a mag rather than developing first hand experience.

The Repr is disgustingly accurate, reliable, and LWRC is known for having one of the best CS in the industry. My repr is a 14.7 and I've printed 3/4" groups at 250yards.

As far as weight, mine, as a bare rifle from the factory weighed 8.5lbs. The 20" weighs about 11lbs. A gap10 20" weighs about 15lbs. Dont believe me? Go to gaps/lwrcs site.

As far as accuracy, I think it's a toss up between a lwrc and gap. They are in the same class... A high end ar10/sr25 platform. Only reason I would choose a gap over a repr is if I wanted a 6.5cr gas gun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You speak, as though you know first hand, but you admit to having no first hand knowledge. This is the problem with forums. People regurgitate whatever they read on another forum or a mag rather than developing first hand experience.

The Repr is disgustingly accurate, reliable, and LWRC is known for having one of the best CS in the industry. My repr is a 14.7 and I've printed 3/4" groups at 250yards.

As far as weight, mine, as a bare rifle from the factory weighed 8.5lbs. The 20" weighs about 11lbs. A gap10 20" weighs about 15lbs. Dont believe me? Go to gaps/lwrcs site.

As far as accuracy, I think it's a toss up between a lwrc and gap. They are in the same class... A high end ar10/sr25 platform. Only reason I would choose a gap over a repr is if I wanted a 6.5cr gas gun.

And First Hand means Jack shit unless you are shooting 10's of rifles to get a good statistical sample.

Example:
A. You have a GAP that is more reliable than anything you have owned (chock this up to your inexperince/ignoreance.... or the chance that it really is)
B. Bob has a DPMS that is more reliable than anything he has owned /shot (Same as A)
C. Sally has a LM8 that is Great but has shot nothing else.
D. Jack has a GAP that has been nothing but problems , yet his DPMS, KAC, LArue guns all run like a top.

So back to the point.... First hand experince means shit unless you are shooting enough guns to get a good representation or you are so fucking godly with the AR platform that you can Magic the knowledge into your head.

I will stick with the advice of those that shoot these rifles, EVERYDAY... Teach the classes, Shoot competitvley and use my personal experince and what I have read/learned/seen to help shape it further to my needs.

Then, you will start to have a good representation of the product. AND STILL, you could get a lemon or a shit rifle....

EDIT: And please stop making shit up. LWRC is a fucking farce in the firearms industry. They are a joke. I can drive 20 minutes from my parents house and be on their factory floor. I have friends who have worked there, I have shot everything they have put out commercialy.... and I'm not impressed whatsoever. Neglecting the fact that a piston AR is completley useless outside of a very small set of circumstances..... They are priced like KAC and put out a product like Bushmaster.

Last edited:
Clearly you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about and I'm not getting into an Internet pissing match.

Yea New guy.....Feel free to retort anything I have said. Unfortunatley for you, everything I said is true... so good luck with that.

I call bullshit on your 3/4" group at 250 yards unless it was a 1x deal where you got lucky with a 3 round group and you now think that's a standard. I like LWRC, but your "best customer service in the industry" comment is based on what exactly? What you've read online? Before you go talking trash about online forum information and trolling you might want to go check yourself out in the mirror there sunshine. If you actually cared about accuracy in a long range performance semi-auto then why the fuck did you get a 14.7" barrel? Nevermind... I see your an Administrator for an ACR forum... that explains a lot...

Every build serves a different purpose. 14.7" REPR serves a dmr role. Is that OK with you? I hope my rifle purchases and ways I choose to spend my money don't offend your good natured sensibilities.

Every build serves a different purpose. 14.7" REPR serves a dmr role. Is that OK with you? I hope my rifle purchases and ways I choose to spend my money don't offend your good natured sensibilities.

A 14.7" serves a DMR role?! ROLMAO... And you didn't build it you purchased it... Maybe you should buy back that ACR and go hit up the local mall with the other ninjas.

No don't change the subject. What Part of what I said was untrue? Prove it.

A 14.7 DPMS would serve a DMR role, so would a SCAR, a M14 or a MK11 or a M4 with a TA31 (which is what the army uses).............so stop making broad statements that make no point.

No one cares what you spend your money on.... A fool and his money soon parted.. yada yada.

You are giving shitty advice to the OP, and you are being corrected. Either suck it up and take your lesson like a man, or educate yourself before you start doling out advice and talking shit to other established members.

Oh, please, tell me about your operational experience...

Do you even understand what a dmr is? What a dmr is used for and what the typical engagement ranges are?

At what point did I give shitty advice? My personal recommendation for a rifle you dislike does not equal shitty advice. Nor did I say anything disparaging about the GAP aside from its weight.
Sounds like you're butt hurt that someone likes a rifle that you dislike based on what you read online.

Last edited:
I call bullshit on your 3/4" group at 250 yards unless it was a 1x deal where you got lucky with a 3 round group and you now think that's a standard. I like LWRC, but your "best customer service in the industry" comment is based on what exactly? What you've read online? Before you go talking trash about online forum information and trolling you might want to go check yourself out in the mirror there sunshine. If you actually cared about accuracy in a long range performance semi-auto then why the fuck did you get a 14.7" barrel? Nevermind... I see your an Administrator for an ACR forum... that explains a lot...

Exactly what I came here to type. More like its the only gun he has ever shot, bought some bullshit used care sales pitch at a gun store, or read some bullshit in Tactical Weapons 14.....

I would LOVE to hear his opinion on the ACR/Massada.

Do you even understand what a dmr is? What a dmr is used for and what the typical engagement ranges are?

I have no clue what a Designated Marksman's Rifle is or that they're designed to go out to 550m and typically have barrels that are 18"...

Exactly what I came here to type. More like its the only gun he has ever shot, bought some bullshit used care sales pitch at a gun store, or read some bullshit in Tactical Weapons 14.....

I would LOVE to hear his opinion on the ACR/Massada.

Actually, I departed the acr platform. I enjoyed it, but it's in desperate need of the remington updates and support.

At what point did I give shitty advice? My personal recommendation for a rifle you dislike does not equal shitty advice. Nor did I say anything disparaging about the GAP aside from its weight.
Sounds like you're butt hurt that someone likes a rifle that you dislike based on what you read online.

Hey Sunshine, See that niffty little badge under my name? Maybe you should fire up your google machine and see what it means. Then while your at it, Take a look at the campaign ribbon in the middle, and figure out what country that represents. As your brain starts racking, maybe you should think about your silly questions for a few minutes and decide if it was wise.

Take your patronizing, ignorant bullshit to another forum where people will beleive your foolish rambling.

The members here don't need me to call you out. They already read your posts and decided you don't know what you are talking about. I was doing you a favor, but you decided to go full retard. Enjoy your time here.

Actually, I departed the acr platform. I enjoyed it, but it's in desperate need of the remington updates and support.

Did it work well for all your lo-pro build needs? I'll bet you shot it folded every chance you got...

I have no clue what a Designated Marksman's Rifle is or that they're designed to go out to 550m and typically have barrels that are 18"...

Bullshit,you don't know what your talking about. Everyone knows a DMR is a 14.7" .308 from LRWC............

Bahahahaha!

You must be LWRCs new marketing guy.

Actually, I see no badges as I use Tapatalk for forum browsing. And your operational experience means shit to me. I'm far more concerned with my operational experience in the battle for marjeh.

Did it work well for all your lo-pro build needs? I'll bet you shot it folded every chance you got...

Well it was in call of duty, so it must have been operator grade weaponry.

I don't always shoot 5.56 Battle rifles, but when I do... They are heavy, unreliable, and sport 1/9 Barrels with m4 cuts...And cost $2000

Since you edited to add this little gem... At the same point you started spewing bullshit about 3/4" groups at 250 yards and how LWRC has the best customer service in the industry. Then there's the whole part where you talk shit about those commenting on the LWRC based upon your limited experience with your new 14.7" DMR...

Actually, I see no badges as I use Tapatalk for forum browsing. And your operational experience means shit to me. I'm far more concerned with my operational experience in the battle for marjeh.

Odd how operational experience means shit to you yet you just asked me to explain mine...

Says the guy with hk in his name.. Now that's funny

Hehe does sound pretty funny I agree... Except hk in my name has nothing to do with h&k the gun company.

im still laughing my ass off about your 3/4" group at 250 out of your LWRC... Bet you can do that all day long with pmc on top of it all huh?

sorry boss, it is we'll know that LWRC does not equal accuracy. I've yet to see one that could compete with GAP, JP, Larue. And yes, this is from first hand experience.

Is that where you were using your 14.7" REPR in a DMR role? I bet you are very fond of the issued counter sniper day optic as well. I hear its only issued to SF and the SEALS, so you must be a hell of a operator to get such coveted pieces of gear.

EDIT: OK guys enough making fun of the retarded kids. Its fun to pile on for a while but its really pointless at this juncture.

I will say this. Lay a Gap10 , SR25, OBR, LMT and a REPR down in front of 100 people who have shot them all. How many would pick the REPR?

Last edited:
Glad that's settled... DPMS it is.

Lol... NOOO!

Seriously though take a hard look at the GAP-10 or the JP LRP 07. They're both great platforms. If weight is a greater concern then I would sway towards the LRP-07 which is slightly lighter. Larue is swamped and frankly for the cost he doesn't really give the options that the others do. The REPR is nice if you want a piston driven, but it's IMO not nearly as accurate as the others.

Lol... NOOO!

Seriously though take a hard look at the GAP-10 or the JP LRP 07. They're both great platforms. If weight is a greater concern then I would sway towards the LRP-07 which is slightly lighter. Larue is swamped and frankly for the cost he doesn't really give the options that the others do. The REPR is nice if you want a piston driven, but it's IMO not nearly as accurate as the others.

At this minute the JP PSC-12 seems like a good choice.

Thanks for all the advice and entertainment.

Put up or shut up, sweetheart. Lets see what you and your beast of a rifle can do.

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...00yard-semi-auto-6group-30round-shootout.html

Back on topic: I'd go for GAP. I have shot a couple at matches and classes, and they are very impressive machines. My ownership sample size is zero. I've handled four different guns, all in different configurations, and they've all made it through the courses with pretty astonishing results.

Come on guys, I have to believe Tommys229 is just pulling your legs. I've never seen anyone report a REPR shoot for accuracy like a GAP so I don't think even the biggest LWRC fanboy would make that argument or make that 250 yard claim. This guy is probably just pushing your buttons and having a good laugh.

Yea New guy.....Feel free to retort anything I have said. Unfortunatley for you, everything I said is true... so good luck with that.

Shit just got real. "retort", the use of on a forum, is like triple dog daring and slapping one in the face with your white glove. .......popcorn. :)

Last edited:
Damn. Are we gonna start comparing left breasts, battle stars, and awards already? Let corky alone to buy and play with whatever holds his interest. We'llget to watch the game without interruption.