• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP-10 or Larue OBR or LWRC Repr?

I feel I need to voice my opinion here...

I've owned all the said rifles besides a GAP and a KAC SR-25 (sour taste from my time in the service)...

My OBR was a hammer, fit and function was excellent and ran 100%. I regret selling it...

My LMT MWS was a solid rifle, heavy but well built.

My LWRC REPR had its teething problems (mag issue) but the side charging handle was a nice feature...

My JP was very well built, accurate and well balanced.

With that said, I'd take a hard look at JP. Larue's backlog is shit and their barrel issue is a turn off regardless how he presents a resolve...

I went back to bolt action for precision work but kept a KAC LPR and mod 1 in the stable for all around use.

best of luck with your decision bud.

I just gotta know what happened to Cobra with LWRC. He lives 25 miles from the factory. It's got to be more than the rifles.

I own a couple and I don't have a problem with them. Then again I never had a problem with my DPMS. I had a JP product and like it a lot - tight match grade chamber very accurate.
No I am not a Tier 1 spec ops - low drag - high something or other. I am just a normal guy that owns a few more rifles than some and have enjoyed shooting for the past 50 years. I use LWRC products for rapid suppressed fire.
I enjoy this site as once in a while I learn something and many knowledgeable folks post here.

LWRC rifles are expensive because of something called supply and demand. The wait for one if you want to get one off the factory floor is about 16 months. This is not due to poor quality products. Companies that produce poor products don't last long in this internet age.

I've owned REPR and OBR. Both were fine weapons. The REPR ate everything, including Santa Barbara surplus that choked at least two OBRs. The REPR was sub-moa, obviously the OBRs were too. I'm confident that the OBRs would have run all day with quality ammo. JP makes amazing rifles. If you want an accurate rifle that eats everything, then a REPR would suit you. If your focus is accuracy over anything else (which implies that you won't be shooting cheap ammo) then the OBR and JP would suit you. Honestly...if JP is ever a potential answer...then it probably IS the answer.

My criteria was reliability, suppressor friendly (implying an automatic advantage to any side-charger) and reasonable accuracy, since I nearly never shoot for groups. That list had me buying a REPR, and I was happy as a pig in mud. Lovely machine.

Of the 3 what would you pick for a SASS? All 3 configured the same with 20" barrels.

Thanks

My 5.56 is an LWRC and it's a fine gun and I like it a lot. I've handled their REPR and seriously considered buying one. I went with a SASS config on a JP LRP-07 (they are the people who designed the RSASS for Remington). The machining of the JP is a calibre above the LWRC and for a comparable price point. I'd definitely consider one of those as an option. The LWRC REPR is a nice feeling gun if you're looking for a piston system.

I just gotta know what happened to Cobra with LWRC. He lives 25 miles from the factory. It's got to be more than the rifles.

I own a couple and I don't have a problem with them. Then again I never had a problem with my DPMS. I had a JP product and like it a lot - tight match grade chamber very accurate.
No I am not a Tier 1 spec ops - low drag - high something or other. I am just a normal guy that owns a few more rifles than some and have enjoyed shooting for the past 50 years. I use LWRC products for rapid suppressed fire.
I enjoy this site as once in a while I learn something and many knowledgeable folks post here.

LWRC rifles are expensive because of something called supply and demand. The wait for one if you want to get one off the factory floor is about 16 months. This is not due to poor quality products. Companies that produce poor products don't last long in this internet age.

Nothing Happened. They are subpar products sold at premium prices. They use deceptive marketing and their piston rah rah bullshit, to get ignorant, niave, new buyers to fork out a premium for a product that does not have the pedigree of rifles less than half the price. Same goes for PWS or any of those bullshit start ups.

With that being said, the boards are littered with people who have problems with them. There are a good number of SME's and Industry Proffesionals who will Steer you clear. Their management for years, was making fake accounts on the various boards and trying to do a pump campaign, except the idiot was using the same IP.

LWRC rifles are expensive beacuse that is where the company prices them. Has nothing to do with supply/demand. Its a pricing strategy.... For the same reason Jaguar sells their cars for $80K, even though they are pieces of shit. Ignorant car buyers, and people with more dispoable income then sense, go out and buy them beacuse, hey an $80K must be awsome..... and Jerome down the block will think I'm rich.

Furthermore, Show me a decent size AR company that has gone under in the last 10 years besides the ones shut down for fraud/illegal shit....... There is always the next idiot lined up to buy this junk.

So concluding that, We are here to help each other. Ignorant and novice shooters will continute to buy LWRC and there is nothing we can do about it. They probally will never shoot them or run them hard enough to realize they were a poor choice. When parts break and the only place to get them in LWRC, and they are expensive... and what happens if the compnay goes belly up? I am trying to help people here, on this site, make informed decisions. While I understand your need to justify your purchases and you may even have a product that has run well, You are statistical insignficant. I could find a Hesse/Vulcan that ran like a raped ape if I digged hard enough , would that make them all a good product?

All the love hate for x is really interesting. I would guess mostly from people without any personal experience with the platform. I think we all can agree that GAP makes a fine, accurate weapon. That is the general consensus. Regrettably, no experience with them. Larue isn't a feasible option, unless you find one from other than the factory. And lately their general feedback has been pretty poor. REPR gets mixed reviews. I own an 18in. Mine shoots MOA consistently, and I appreciate the side charging handle and suppressor advantage with the 4 position block, which I understand is being reduced to a 2 position block. If you're going to fork out that kind of scratch, take your time, read, and make an educated decision. Mostly, take all with a grain of salt.

Their management for years, was making fake accounts on the various boards and trying to do a pump campaign, except the idiot was using the same IP.

QUOTE]

For someone who professes to know all, you are behind in a number of areas, including this one. The original "LW" in LWRC was a fella named Paul, who was booted from the company and has nothing to do with it now. Yeah, he was an asshole...but that's not uncommon in this industry. ;-) He's long gone..as in, years ago. The company makes excellent products and has great CS.

And I don't buy for a minute that nothing happened. Everytime LWRC comes up you go apeshit. If I had to guess, you tried to get a job there and got turned down or maybe your daddy got fired...or something similar that left you with a metric ton of blind baggage. I'm not concerned, either way, as you have marginalized yourself on the forum with blind, inaccurate and blanket statements in a number of threads before this one.

Last edited:
Their management for years, was making fake accounts on the various boards and trying to do a pump campaign, except the idiot was using the same IP.

QUOTE]

For someone who professes to know all, you are behind in a number of areas, including this one. The original "LW" in LWRC was a fella named Paul, who was booted from the company and has nothing to do with it now. Yeah, he was an asshole...but that's not uncommon in this industry. ;-) He's long gone..as in, years ago. The company makes excellent products and has great CS.

And I don't buy for a minute that nothing happened. Everytime LWRC comes up you go apeshit. If I had to guess, you tried to get a job there and got turned down or maybe your daddy got fired...or something similar that left you with a metric ton of blind baggage. I'm not concerned, either way, as you have marginalized yourself on the forum with blind, inaccurate and blanket statements in a number of threads before this one.

Yes I know who Paul Lietner-Wise is, and when he sold the company, so u can the history lesson chap.

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe... its your right. However , it does not make that true.
Don't take my word, do your own research. Talk to the people who had problems, posted on LWRC forums, and had their accounts banned, Or any of the other shit I have previously stated.

If you want a Piston, Buy a SCAR16/17. Othwerwise, you are flushing money down the toilet. Even units that went to the 416, have gone back to other platforms/moved on.

Last edited:
I was in the same position you were and even debating getting a POF and just decking it out as I go. After a few weeks of research, forum hoping / searching I made up my mind. While the wait is going to suck, I went with a GAP-10. Out of all the companies, JP, LWRC, LMT, etc; GA Precision just has the most positive report. Every forum and person I talked to always had something good to say about a GAP-10 and always made the comment "If you can handle the wait."

I was always a massive Larue fan growing up (wanted one since I was in high school back in the day) since I grew up in Texas but they just don't seem to be the same company they use to back in the day. Maybe its just the internet, generation, times, etc; but they have been catching major flak these past very years!

So while it might be 8-9 more months, I know I will be getting one of the most accurate, reliable firearms I could ever dream of getting my hands on.

Yes I know who Paul Lietner-Wise is, and when he sold the company, so u can the history lesson chap.

You are free to believe whatever you want to believe... its your right. However , it does not make that true.
Don't take my word, do your own research. Talk to the people who had problems, posted on LWRC forums, and had their accounts banned, Or any of the other shit I have previously stated.

If you want a Piston, Buy a SCAR16/17. Othwerwise, you are flushing money down the toilet. Even units that went to the 416, have gone back to other platforms/moved on.

Oh, good, google is still your friend. If you know who Paul LW is (and that he's been gone for years) then why are you still posting about "their management" doing the things Paul did? And you'll pardon a chuckle on my part about doing my own research. I kinda did back in 2009. As a result, I've owned/own multiple LWRC platforms including the A2, two A3s, two SPRs an SL and a REPR...and an IC in the future. As far as people who have had trouble with rifles, I'm confident that those stories are only limited to LWRC products and not KAC, POF, LaRue, JP, PWS, GAP, etc. And nobody ever gets banned from a forum except on the LWRC forum. Come on, man. You are trying too hard. Give it a rest. It's...awkward.

As I indicated in the previous post, I don't think there is a "best rifle." I think there are "best rifles for my application or specific requirements." That means there might be tradeoffs...for instance, you can basically count on an OBR to be sub-moa. However, most likely because it has a tight chamber to facilitate said accuracy, it is possible that it will choke on surplus or cheap ammo. By the same token, a PWS or REPR or SCAR will give you reasonable accuracy (which to me is two inches or less - mine was sub-moa) and probably be noticeably more reliable with a wide variety of ammo than a rifle that is more of a "match grade" build. Heck, George (GAP) has posted that the GAP10 doesn't like suppressors. That doesn't mean they don't run with them. It means that adding a suppressor introduces issues and variables that have a negative impact on reliability and accuracy. That's common sense, and part of why I got a REPR. Because of it's construction, it ran like a raped ape with a suppressor. That was one of my parameters, and I made an informed decision about which rifle was best suited. My shooting is typically over a fence post or truck hood, which makes a 1/4 moa rifle unnecessary...but most of my targets are live movers in the form of hogs or coyotes - so my focus was on reasonable accuracy with absolute reliability. On a flat range, paper is still right where you left it, so clearing a malfunction periodically is not a big deal. If I'm shotgunning a semi-auto to get it running again, then my hog is gone. Yeah, I'm outing myself there - I don't always get that first round hit. :)

So, buy based on a realistic evaluation of what you want or need. Not pie in the sky "I want to shoot 1000 yards..but my range only goes to 200" or "I want to shoot 1/4 moa, but I can't afford to buy good glass or match grade ammo" etc.

I'm an equal opportunity shooter - not a fanatic. I recognize the quality and versatility of the LWRC lineup, but I'm not limited to it by blind loyalty. I also own a Spike's Dissy build, a 13.7 inch Noveske build, a .308 PredatOBR 16 inch and am collecting parts for a 3gun rifle build based on a JPEnterprises 18 inch barrel. However, the PredatOBR will soon be sold to a friend, as I'm sure that the 16 inch bolt gun has similar ballistics, suppresses better and eats whatever I feed it. ;)

Last edited:
...and an IC in the future.

So, buy based on a realistic evaluation of what you want or need. Not pie in the sky "I want to shoot 1000 yards..but my range only goes to 200" or "I want to shoot 1/4 moa groups, but I can't afford to buy match ammo" etc.

I have to say the ambi lower and the IC platform with the nickel boron barrel is wicked nice and extremely light weight. For a 5.56 piston platform it would be at the top of my list. As your latter statement says though I wouldn't expect a "3/4" group at 250 yards" from it though.

I'm just anticipating the future thread about LWRC going all "Smith Enterprises" on Cobra. Should we start a legal fund now?

Sorry,

Im still laughing about the kid above you talking about Larue Rifles "back in the day".... yea like 4 years ago when they started making rifles or 9 years ago when they started making weapon accsesories......

I can remmeber it now Like it was yesterday, there I was knee deep in hand grenade pins and .50 cal shells.... when along came Larue and his rail maring mounts and 13 pound rail systems......

Dang472, Considering failures as companies and management tend to do this, would not be supprised in the least. Why make a great prodcut when you can just sue everyone. Its cheaper in the long run and doesn't requre the intelectal capacity or innovation. HA

4 years ago? Unless I am losing it... 8 years ago they were at the big Houston gun show during Christmas selling complete (think they called them stealth) rifles and were the talk of the show. Can't remember how expensive they were but I knew at the time (Senior in highschool) I couldn't afford one. Guess "back in the day" didn't have enough years behind it... but 8 years is a while for me!

Sorry,

Im still laughing about the kid above you talking about Larue Rifles "back in the day".... yea like 4 years ago when they started making rifles or 9 years ago when they started making weapon accsesories......

I can remmeber it now Like it was yesterday, there I was knee deep in hand grenade pins and .50 cal shells.... when along came Larue and his rail maring mounts and 13 pound rail systems......

Dang472, Considering failures as companies and management tend to do this, would not be supprised in the least. Why make a great prodcut when you can just sue everyone. Its cheaper in the long run and doesn't requre the intelectal capacity or innovation. HA

Sorry,

From what I understand, Larue Tactical was founded in 1980 and they started making rifles around 2003 give or take. Correct me if I'm wrong.

From what I understand, Larue Tactical was founded in 1980 and they started making rifles around 2003 give or take. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Not exactly.

They didnt start making tactical accsessories like their Mount's and rails unitll around 2002-2004ish... I remmeber beacuse Thats when I started building AR's and built ALOT of guns with Larue rails used used their mounts exclusivley. Can't really remmeber exact date. Larue was a machine shop before that, No idea what he made. It was quite a few years later before they started making guns.
I think the Stealth uppers (which were not guns) came out around 2007 or 2008ish. They were not very popular as they were expensive and offered nothing noveske didnt already sell at a more attractive price point, while using superior barrels (pac-nor blanks). It was mostly the Larue fan boys buying them.

The Larue Guns came after that.

EDIT: Sry for the jab, it was unwarrented and I appologize... been a long day.

Last edited:
4 years ago? Unless I am losing it... 8 years ago they were at the big Houston gun show during Christmas selling complete (think they called them stealth) rifles and were the talk of the show. Can't remember how expensive they were but I knew at the time (Senior in highschool) I couldn't afford one. Guess "back in the day" didn't have enough years behind it... but 8 years is a while for me!

They were uppers (atleast they did not commcercialy offer full guns), maybe mated to lowers. Or they were Demo's. I dont think it was 8 years ago. Probally more like 6-7 at the most unless they were some EARLY alpha/beta uppers.

Same goes for PWS or any of those bullshit start ups.

So does this mean the guy over at RangerProof is a fucking moron for promoting the piston PWS?
Ranger Proof shared a link.
October 16
Ok gang... the Ranger Proof / PWS MK116 is up on the website now. This is a limited production run, and they will go fast. As stated, this is a serious rifle for serious shooters. Here is a direct link to the website.

https://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=556&idcategory=42#details

They were uppers (atleast they did not commcercialy offer full guns), maybe mated to lowers. Or they were Demo's. I dont think it was 8 years ago. Probally more like 6-7 at the most unless they were some EARLY alpha/beta uppers.

Yea, I am not sure in all honesty! I know it was either 2006 or 2007 and they were 100% full rifles that were for sale (might not have been a Larue lower). Larue was always just a local thing, "Made is Texas" and other bullshit, not saying they were good or not, just something we all wanted around here. I can honestly say I was extremely ignorant (and still am) when it comes to the higher end firearms back then. It was until recently that I was finally able to afford (college, flight school, job) getting into this hobby but I am learning and got a GAP-10 on the way! So hopefully I won't be the FNG forever around here!

So does this mean the guy over at RangerProof is a fucking moron for promoting the piston PWS?
Ranger Proof shared a link.
October 16
Ok gang... the Ranger Proof / PWS MK116 is up on the website now. This is a limited production run, and they will go fast. As stated, this is a serious rifle for serious shooters. Here is a direct link to the website.

https://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=556&idcategory=42#details

Probally. Show me a respected national trainer that recommends them.

Fron the site: I am a full time Law Enforcement Instructor, a drilling M-DAY 1SG in the Florida National Guard, and a VERY "hard-use" gear-guy. I graduated Ranger School on 16 JUL 91 (Class 08-91) and if I can't break the gear, or if it stands up to my hard use, I deem it "Ranger Proof". I tell it like it is, as unbiased as I can be. I am in the business of training Law Enforcement, so I have a high standard of excellence."

So some Guardsman who passed ranger school in 91 is now the go to on weapons vetting? Oh wait, he is in the business of training LAW ENFORCEMENT, so that means he has high standards of excelence...ROFL.. So he has survived (chuckle) the national guard for 20 years and is now an E-8......... GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. If that is where you lay your chips, then enjoy. Dude probally wasnt even a Batt boy or even AD.

Probally. Show me a respected national trainer that recommends them.

Fron the site: I am a full time Law Enforcement Instructor, a drilling M-DAY 1SG in the Florida National Guard, and a VERY "hard-use" gear-guy. I graduated Ranger School on 16 JUL 91 (Class 08-91) and if I can't break the gear, or if it stands up to my hard use, I deem it "Ranger Proof". I tell it like it is, as unbiased as I can be. I am in the business of training Law Enforcement, so I have a high standard of excellence."

So some Guardsman who passed ranger school in 91 is now the go to on weapons vetting? Oh wait, he is in the business of training LAW ENFORCEMENT, so that means he has high standards of excelence...ROFL.. So he has survived (chuckle) the national guard for 20 years and is now an E-8......... GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK. If that is where you lay your chips, then enjoy. Dude probally wasnt even a Batt boy or even AD.

He, at least he served.

Back to that again?

Why doesn't everyone just post up their DD214 and be done with it.

For real. Raising your hand and making it through IDT is not exactly hard. Hell even I made it through lol.
FYI I was in the National Gaurd too. Not ragging on them but the difference between being in a Airborne Infantry unit as a Taber or being In regiment is not even the same ballpark as Ranger qualed Guardsman (Unless they were in SF, which I'm sure he would have stated if so). Shit, the Non Tabbers in Regiment would run circles around Tabbed E-6/7's who never served in the regiment. Even the higher speed NG units on jump status and some of the older LRRP units have no where near the training and experince of an AD infantry unit.

***********LIFT FIRE************

Since I think we are still on this subject: D&L Sports™ AR-30 Rifles and Carbines
Don't freak out, I admit I have not owned or shot GAP10 or some of the others mentioned but I do own a D&L AR-15 and 1911, very squared away guns and Dave is top notch dude who will NOT BS you. I hope to get one of his LR AR-30 builds someday. I have been burned by a couple different companies (none of the above mentioned) in the past with poor equipment and even worse customer service, I keep coming back to D&L Sports for consistent high build quality and even better CS!

******COMMENCE FIRE************

No. What it likely means is that someone has a bad taste in their own mouth for not being able to carve a niche in the firearms profession. That's just a guess of course (since we're slinging mud at people we don't know) and for all I know "somebody" was simply dropped on their head way too many times or maybe got abused as a choir boy. Who knows?

What I do know is Darren with Ranger Proof... personally. He's the real deal and so are PWS rifles. I'm quite certain he'll sleep well knowing he can't obtain Cobracutters endorsement.

No. What it likely means is that someone has a bad taste in their own mouth for not being able to carve a niche in the firearms profession. That's just a guess of course (since we're slinging mud at people we don't know) and for all I know "somebody" was simply dropped on their head way too many times or maybe got abused as a choir boy. Who knows?

What I do know is Darren with Ranger Proof... personally. He's the real deal and so are PWS rifles. I'm quite certain he'll sleep well knowing he can't obtain Cobracutters endorsement.

Its ok. I make too much money to try work in the firearms industry. Never tried and don't really want to , as I enjoy a very comfortable living. Bonus of the job is , I can play with just about anything gun/optic ever used in military and Special operations use for the last 500 or so years.

You are the one who introduced Darren or whatever his name is into the conversation. Had you name dropped someone with actual, national credibility or even a long standing, respected member of the site who reviews gear..... then I wouldn't have said shit. Since you decided to use him as your arguement, I thought it was prudent to do a little background.

Look. I got alot of buddies who are rangers, some 75th boys and some just tabbers. My little frat Bro is getting reading to head to the course in the next couple months. While I have not been through the course personally, I have enough very close friends and was in the Army long enough to get an idea of the difference's. Now we could sit here and argue the merits of a TRADOC school vs a SOCOM unit , but that's for another thread. I don't know if you were in the .mil or not, but non mil people tend to get wide eyed when things like SEAL or Ranger or SF are dropped, and they haven't the foggiest fucking idea what the differences (and yes they are very different).

So while going through Ranger school is an incredible feat in itself, it is not a weapons course. It is a small unit tactic and leadership course. 61 one days of starvation and sleep deprivation. Having a Tab, a weapons expert does not make.

And PWS offer nothing that a DD/BCM doesn't at half the price..... besides use lesser quality componets, complex retarded piston systems, and no where near the track record. Suckers are made every day in every industry. Why would the firearms one be any different?

Last edited:
I hate to interrupt but in case anyone is still interested in the original point of the thread...I have decided that this time I'm going with a JP Enterprises PSC-12 in 6.5mm Creedmoor.

Thanks

Carry on...

I hate to interrupt but in case anyone is still interested in the original point of the thread...I have decided that this time I'm going with a JP Enterprises PSC-12 in 6.5mm Creedmoor.

Thanks

Carry on...

I think that rifle will serve you well! The 6.5 creed seems to have some nice extension out to the long ranges.

If I may, why 6.5 creedmoor (vs.260 rem or others)?

I have a REPR 20 and like it. I have no first hand experience with the other rifles listed. The side charger is very nice for all shooting positions. Adjustable gas block for suppressed, or shooting crappy ammo, or saving brass in tall grass. Extremyly ergonomic and a much nicer fit and finish than any other LR 308 I have seen. As for accuracy it is slightly less than moa depending on ammo. The vertical dispersion at 274 meters and 367 meters can regularly be less than 1". I shot a 2 3/8" group at 367 meters during load development, but I have not been able to repeat it, yet.

I only have experience with 3 of the rifles mentioned in this thread.

SR-25 20"
14.7" pinned REPR
16" SCAR

AT no point did I think the SCAR was capable of being a DMR. I tried. I tried everything under the sun to make that gun work as a DMR, it is a battle rifle. As for the REPR it was close. Its a nice rifle, a very nice rifle, but I do not put it in the same league as an SR-25.

I think that rifle will serve you well! The 6.5 creed seems to have some nice extension out to the long ranges.

If I may, why 6.5 creedmoor (vs.260 rem or others)?

The PSC-12 comes in 4 calibers- .308, .260, 6.5CM and .338 FED.

My first assumption was that I will go with .308. I have tons of ammo and I'm already set up for reloading that caliber. But then I started thinking about the other offerings as I was "building" the rifle online. I would have no use for .338 FED so I read up on the two 6.5mm options. I choose the CM entirely on the case dimensions. It's fundamentally a better case design. And since this is a semi auto feeding off a PMAG I wanted to hopefully load the bullets as far away from the shoulder neck junction as possible. The .260 would have been much easier from a brass stand point as I'm going to have to make 6.5mm CM brass from .260 Lapua brass.

Its ok. I make too much money to try work in the firearms industry. Never tried and don't really want to , as I enjoy a very comfortable living. Bonus of the job is , I can play with just about anything gun/optic ever used in military and Special operations use for the last 500 or so years.

You are the one who introduced Darren or whatever his name is into the conversation. Had you name dropped someone with actual, national credibility or even a long standing, respected member of the site who reviews gear..... then I wouldn't have said shit. Since you decided to use him as your arguement, I thought it was prudent to do a little background.

Look. I got alot of buddies who are rangers, some 75th boys and some just tabbers. My little frat Bro is getting reading to head to the course in the next couple months. While I have not been through the course personally, I have enough very close friends and was in the Army long enough to get an idea of the difference's. Now we could sit here and argue the merits of a TRADOC school vs a SOCOM unit , but that's for another thread. I don't know if you were in the .mil or not, but non mil people tend to get wide eyed when things like SEAL or Ranger or SF are dropped, and they haven't the foggiest fucking idea what the differences (and yes they are very different).

So while going through Ranger school is an incredible feat in itself, it is not a weapons course. It is a small unit tactic and leadership course. 61 one days of starvation and sleep deprivation. Having a Tab, a weapons expert does not make.

And PWS offer nothing that a DD/BCM doesn't at half the price..... besides use lesser quality componets, complex retarded piston systems, and no where near the track record. Suckers are made every day in every industry. Why would the firearms one be any different?

Damn this guy writes a lot of bullshit. As others have said looks like he got fired from LWRC or something like that. I've never come across someone with such a low self esteem.

If it's between those choices call GAP Monday and put an order in. If you're going to open your choices up take a look at the LMT and JP sticks.

I picked up a LWRC 18" REPR and its one heck of a rifle. Its not a custom rifle you that you have to wait years to get. There are a lot of choice out there in the 308 ARs, but your not going to go wrong with a LWRC REPR.

Give John a call at JP. I shot with John a few years back at a International Tactical match held by one of the best guys in the world. John is a great guy and stands behind his products 100 %. Tell him Tommy Roupe sent you. The 6.5 he builds is a tough one to pass up.

I have a REPR, a JP and a GAP so I can't comment on the LaRue or the KAC, but I think the price of the KAC puts in out of the running many people. For a SASS it would depend on what exactly I was planning on doing with the gun. But after owning and assessing these guns, I like the JP and GAP obviously for accuracy and the JP is so easy to shoot, but if I was being deployed in the desert and had to pick one of my three guns with me as my battle rifle, the I would actually take the REPR without even a second thought. I know it's not as accurate as my JP or my GAP or probably anybody's JP or GAP, but it's still accurate enough and under poor conditions like the desert has, it is going to outlast either the JP or the GAP.

That being said, I doubt you are being deployed and if you are I'm sure the Army will supply you a rifle, so I would call JP Enterpirses and order one of their "ready rifles". I think you can have one in a week they say. I have noticed this forum tends to be GAP biased and the GAP rifles are nice, but trust me the JP is just as accurate.

I went thru this analysis last may. In the end I selected a GAP 10. Here is why:

Larue. Unobtainium
KAC. Too expensive

So, it came sown to the LMT, JP, and the GAP. I chose the GAP because it is a small company that builds custom rifles. The hold value like a KAC but I could get it customized. LMT is a good choice because you can swap barrels easy and they are a bit less expensive. I don't think there is much difference between the GAP and the JP so pick and be happy.

Of the 3 what would you pick for a SASS? All 3 configured the same with 20" barrels.

Thanks

10 - OBR - LRP - REPR - Build in that order IMO.

This is not in order of performance but fit, finish, availability, and price. Even then its splitting hairs.

I'm pretty much a virgin on these forums. Been a hunter much of my life and have come here from time to time to gain knowledge from the forums collective wisdom. Just decided to move into some recreational long range paper punching so put my order in for a Gap-10 last week. Stumbled on this thread today doing some reading. I have almost no right to make any educated/experienced comments on this forum but I feel confident in this statement - That was some high quality entertaining dialog on page one of this string. Thanks for the good afternoon humor track!

Well shit if you all are going to resurrect an old thread of mine I might as well update it. As I said before I went with the JP in 6.5CM, but I'm just about to order a GAP this week also. Not sure if it will be 7.62 or 6.5CM yet though.

Nice. I was tempted by all the great stuff I read about the 6.5 but being my first rifle of this type wanted to stay with a more common round. Curious which way you go.

Well shit if you all are going to resurrect an old thread of mine I might as well update it. As I said before I went with the JP in 6.5CM, but I'm just about to order a GAP this week also. Not sure if it will be 7.62 or 6.5CM yet though.

Then edit the title so people know it's been chosen.

But I'm glad cause I missed out on that whole page 1 lol

I don't have any experience with any of the others but I do have a GAP-10 20" barrel in .308 & it is unreal how accurate it is with FGMM 168s. A better shooter than I has shot 3 shot groups you can cover with a dime at 100yds with it. I don't drag it through the mud if I can help it or jump out of airplanes, etc. so I can't attest to that but I couldn't be happier with it. One thing I would tell potential 308 buyers is think a lot about barrel length compared to the distance you will be shooting. My dope is the same out to 500 yds for my 20" Gap-10 & my 24" Gap bolt 308, but past that bullets from the 20" gun starts to fall quicker and at 700 yds there becomes a big difference that continues to grow with distance. I don't shoot really long distances with the auto so if I had it to do over I would go with an 18" barrel I think, but weight is important to me and every little bit helps.

I also agree with what someone said earlier in this thread, you can find good & bad in all brands even if some may be worse than others. My dad bought a used DPMS heavy barrel 308 because it was cheap and the thing is a hammer! It wouldn't be my first choice for a rifle but sometimes you just never know.

I own an OBR, Gap, REPR , JP LRP 07, and LMT LM8. All in .308. For me, my OBR and GAP are the most accurate. JP and LMT next, and REPR the least accurate. However, the differences in accuracy are consistent but very small: .05 mil-.1 mil between REPR and gap/OBR . If in a clean and perfect environment then GAP or OBR would be my choice for a SASS. If deployed or in the desert or extreme cold, or for less frequent cleaning, I'd pic my REPR. In an extended desert environment , my REPR was the only one that didn't jam.
So basically pick what's best for you.