• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 308 Custom Build with pics

COPLAND2046

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2013
I've spent countless hours over the past year reading posts, looking at photos, and asking questions to many on this site to create my buy once cry once build. I'm posting this thread for others like me who need photos and information to get an idea of what they want or don't want for their future build. I'll update this thread as soon as my scope comes in...and a range report after that.

If anybody has questions about this rifle, wants a certain pic taken, etc..., feel free to respond or pm me and I'll be happy to help. And thanks to all those members who posted their own creations and took the time to answer all my questions.

These pics were taken prior to sunset, direct sunlight, and no photo enhancements were made (other than a serial# scrub)....just to give you an idea of the rifle colors in that environment.

GAP quoted 10 months, built in 3.

GA Precision .308 custom rifle
GAP #7 contour 23" barrel
Templar v2 action
Manners T2A stock with ATACS FG hydro dip
Badger M5 DBM
Badger mini FTE
Badger EFR
Timney trigger
Harris bipod with KMW Pod Loc
Mil spec OD green cerakote

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks awesome! What's the difference between od green cerakote and mil-spec od?

I'll take it!!

Beautiful rifle. I have been thinking about something like this as well. Sorta like your own GAP version of the FBI HRT rifle.

For this project, did you ever consider using the Manners T6A stock? The tip of the foreend has a slight flare to accommodate the installation of a Badger EFR.

Last edited:
I'll take it!!

Beautiful rifle. I have been thinking about something like this as well. Sorta like you own GAP version of the FBI HRT rifle.

For this project, did you ever consider using the Manners T6A stock? The tip of the foreend has a slight flare to accommodate the installation of a Badger EFR.

That was one of many decisions I spent contemplating. I was unable to find very many owners with the T6A stock to provide feedback, and too many satisfied owners with the T2A. Plus the 2 has a slightly wider forend and is slightly lighter, which I needed for barricade and unsupported positions. So I opted for that one. I'm sure the 6 is just as great though!

That was one of many decisions I spent contemplating. I was unable to find very many owners with the T6A stock to provide feedback, and too many satisfied owners with the T2A. Plus the 2 has a slightly wider forend and is slightly lighter, which I needed for barricade and unsupported positions. So I opted for that one. I'm sure the 6 is just as great though!

Thanks for the feedback. Let us know how she shoots.

Just an update....

Added:
-VLTOR QDS sling swivels
-Turner Saddlery National Match sling
-Badger 1.125 rings
-ATACR Nightforce Mil/Mil scope
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ran her through the GAP barrel break in. Took over 3hrs, but I didn't want any regrets not doing it later down the road. After showing no copper, I ran a final 5 round group at 50yds. Couldn't make it to the longer range yet...

The pic is that final 5 round. Those are 1" squares, and the group is inside the lower left 1/4" of one of the squares.

I'll get out more info at longer ranges soon...image.jpg