• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP 338 build --- and the wait begins....

cactusbrew

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2004
Alaska
Talked to Ken today and placed my GAP 338LM build. Waiting on a custom rifle makes me look forward to getting through another winter.

Specs:

Barreled Action: Templar Long Action with 20 MOA base, Bartlein MTU, 5R, 28 inch, 9.5 twist with Badger FTE brake. Finished in OD Green cerakote.
Stock: MCM A5 adjustable in GAP camo, KMW loggerhead hardware
Floor metal: Badget M5 with DBM

Now my internal debate begins between an S&B and a Premier.

Re: GAP 338 build --- and the wait begins....

u should have just bought the savage long range hunter, like my cheap father in law did. hahahhahhaha.

Congrats Cactus! Mine is coming together after 11 months of parts ordering and specing things out. You won't be disappointed with George's crew!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats Cactus! Mine is coming together after 11 months of parts ordering and specing things out. You won't be disappointed with George's crew! </div></div>

Yeah, GAP built me a non-typical a few months ago, and for an 8 lb rifle, holy shit is it accurate. I was shooting steel with it last week out to 1000 yards and making hits like it was no big deal, and this is with a "hunting rifle." After putting a few hundreds round through my non-typical, i knew I had to have a heavy barreled 338 to really reach out and touch something.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shanksalot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">u should have just bought the savage long range hunter, like my cheap father in law did. hahahhahhaha. </div></div>

I hope he bought it at Walmart, all I ever hear at the walmart gun counter is how everyone is getting .25 MOA groups at 1500 yds with Remington 700 ADLs chambered in 30-06 using remington core-lokt ammo. So I'm sure that Savage will do just as well. hahaha