• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Built 280AI

As promised, pictures! Sent parts to GAP 8Apr and picked it up from my FFL today 14Jul.
280ai.jpg
280ai_1.jpg
280ai_2.jpg
280ai_3.jpg
280ai_4.JPG

That sure is purty...... scope and load development. ........chop chop get the led out.......show holes in paper.;)

What's your "planed" bullet/ load.

Bet its gonna be a shooter.
Congratulations, that there is a fine rifle.

That sure is purty...... scope and load development. ........chop chop get the led out.......show holes in paper.;)

What's your "planed" bullet/ load.

Bet its gonna be a shooter.
Congratulations, that there is a fine rifle.
I have a Viper HST I can throw on it but looking to put a new Razor HD LHT on it. Sadly, I don't reload my own ammo yet, looking to get in to it in the future. For now though I am going to order a load pack from Copper Creek with 175gr elite hunters to test out. It will be an elk rifle primarily. Copper Creek also said I can send in the 170 168gr bergers I have for them to load and will test those out.

whats total weight before scope. looks like a promising elk gun
Scale shows it coming in at 7.6-7.8lbs depending on how stabilize it.

One question/concern. Is it normal to not be able to pull the bolt completely out? I have to remove the adjustable cheekpiece to fully take the bolt out.

having to take off the cheekpiece is pretty normal. - some stockmakers will inlet a little slot in the cheekpiece to allow for clearance, but not all. and depending how high its raised that may not help

I wish we were close. Id love to help you work up a load for your rifle.

What twist is the barrel?

It's a 8.25 twist as stated in the picture :D

The scope will add another 20oz and suppressor some more so final weight should be like ~10lb give or take.

How ya like that stock? Been thinking of trying one out, thanks.

I just picked it up yesterday and because of the rona I can't shoot it for a while. But the stock is really nice. Solid construction, light, good price from AG composites. I couldn't be happier about my stock choice.

Update! Finally finished this beauty. Weighs 9.0lbs as pictured. Guess not completely done. Still need the BTF, nice lens caps, and throw lever.
280AI_finished1.jpg
280AI_finished.jpg

Reactions: The D
I love my h2 harbinger from them, I wish I could fund all my rifles through GAP

Nice rifle! The scope seems super high. Just curious...haven’t seen that mount before. I bet it hammers!

They’re the ARC high rings. They’re what was recommended for a 56mm obj lens.

For those who asked. I don’t get to the range all that often or as much as I would like. Here is a group after I finally got it zeroed in. Not the best but this is my first true bolt action rifle and attempt at shooting for accuracy at 100yards.

Attachments

• C9FB0C2F-B644-415E-91E1-5BC23123E2EF.png
    C9FB0C2F-B644-415E-91E1-5BC23123E2EF.png
    778.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Still figuring out the app too. No idea if I even did that right. But it looks good.

GAPs are crazy accurate. NICS to have a rifle that will put them in one hole. Easier to learn on a rifle like that

Beautiful! I’ve been considering building a 280ai but I love 7 Saum sooo much!