• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GAP Deal on Bushnell LRHS Scopes

Size 14 for the eye (40.6mm), 33 for the obj (52mm).

-Dan
Has the quality of the Butler Creek caps recovered in the past few years? I know people were complaining a few years ago that Bushnell changed the plastic and they were not nearly as durable as they used to be.

Mine initially said expected to be delivered by 8pm last night, but nothing turned up. Today the tracking just says ‘delivery pending’. WTF?

Came home on lunch break just now and met the fed ex man. Thanks George!

Damn you guys, mine hasn't even left the shop yet! Picked up the rifle last week, rings arrived yesterday, caps today, just need a scope.

Well just looking down the block and playing with it. Bushnell is dumb for discontinuing this scope.

Reactions: Basher
Mine is scheduled for delivery by the end of today but tracking only says the label was created Tuesday.

Hopefully it is on the way and FedEx tracking just dropped the ball.

Ordered one.......like others I don't even have a rifle to put this on. Oh well, looks like I need to "spec out" another build. I've got a GGS (German Gun Stock) for a tikka t3x CTR sitting in my safe. I guess I better go buy a Tikka T3x CTR rifle. Dang it....I really hate issues like these :p

Mine is scheduled for delivery by the end of today but tracking only says the label was created Tuesday.

Hopefully it is on the way and FedEx tracking just dropped the ball.
Probably not. Mine originally said it was going to be delivered yesterday, but was just a label created. I got e-mails from FedEx last night saying they received the package and another e-mail from FedEx with the new delivery date.

I was hoping mine would be here when I came home today from my business trip, but it looks like it just finally started moving through the system. I hope it actually shows up tomorrow!

Dave

Just got mine. When the white arrow on the elevation knob points straight the zero marks on turret and scope body don't line up. The mark on the scope body is off, the knob seems to be ok. Being zeroed and the arrow pointing off will bug me. Calling Bushnell Monday. Oh well. Seems like nice glass playing with it. Thanks GAP for the deal. I think Bushnell will get me taken care of.
20180824_190800.jpg

Reactions: timmyb and user
Mine got delivered today and I’m so happy. It definitely has some heft to left me know it will take some abuse. I’m thinking of putting it on my incoming 6.5 SP-10 to rock out at some PRS type matches. Thanks George for the deal.

Sighted mine in tonight. 3 shots had me next to the bull at 100. Great scope for the price.

Just got mine. When the white arrow on the elevation knob points straight the zero marks on turret and scope body don't line up. The mark on the scope body is off, the knob seems to be ok. Being zeroed and the arrow pointing off will bug me. Calling Bushnell Monday. Oh well. Seems like nice glass playing with it. Thanks GAP for the deal. I think Bushnell will get me taken care of.View attachment 6936196

That would drive me crazy. Anybody else have this issue? I’m about to order 2 of them

I did notice that arrow is off on mine also....

My parallax is so hard I can barely turn it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I just checked my first scope and the markings line up properly.

In the above photo, it looks like the elevation turret is fine but the scope body was engraved wrong. If you ignore the turret and look at the scope tube, you can see the markings are not centered.

I hope they didn't screw up the whole batch like that.

Oh, my paralax is pretty stiff too. Not bad enough to complain but pretty stiff.

Yeep, just checked, the knob is correct, the marking on the scope body is wrong. This will have to go back.....and I just zeroed...fuck

My paralax was real tight out of the box on both of them, I spent a couple minutes here and there just working it back and forth throughout the day at the range and it loosened up nicely.

Reactions: Rexwagon
Yeep, just checked, the knob is correct, the marking on the scope body is wrong. This will have to go back.....and I just zeroed...fuck
I feel your pain. I wish the arrow wasn't on the top of the turret. I could live with the scope marking being off a little but that huge arrow pointing at 11:00 is more than my OCD can handle!

I got my two today from FedEx. One of my has an arrow that is nice and straight. The other is slightly off angle though I don't think it's as bad as Mbanning's.

Oh, the MUT is pretty cool too!

My scope is pretty damn good. The parallax knob does seem relatively stiff but I will keep playing with it. I have no doubt it'll get slightly better.

Just pulled mine out of the box, and the arrow on mine is off too. The arrow does not point straight down the scope body. It's very slightly pointed towards the right off of zero, or a lot pointed towards the left on zero. I'm not really sure what to do about that.

Parallax is stiff, but I think it is manageable.

Dave

Reactions: TheMammoth
Examined both of mine thoroughly. Elevation lines up perfectly on both, parallax is stiff but that seems fine for a more hunting oriented optic.
I am however a little concerned with how light the pull is on the windage to re-zero the dial. Seems like it would come free on accident very very easy. I guess I will be holding with all the work done on this gun. If you're expecting a 4-16 ATACR style covered dial that is basically the same as elevation you are wrong. The windage dial is just your standard hunting dial that pops up (very very easily) to set zero. The intended use here seems to be all holds for wind.

Glassing off my back deck really impressed me for the price of this scope. I have several very nice optics to compare it to and the fit and finish, glass quality etc really really impressed me for the low low cost. This reticle seems to be an amazing balance at low power vs high power with the ring and sort of mini Christmas tree. I read in the manual that GAP had a hand in the design of the reticle and that doesn't surprise me in the least.

I cannot stress enough how good a deal this optic seems to be at this price. My initial dialing with a ghetto version of the Scope Tool is promising.

Frankly I am shocked that this optic didn't sell better or get more attention. What was the MSRP of these things? It's certainly punching above it's weight at 750, I might order two more after I do some more tracking tests if they're still available.

Last edited:
Reactions: BallisticPrimate
How did you determine that the marking on the scope body is wrong not the knob or the alignment of the knob?

How did you determine that the marking on the scope body is wrong not the knob or the alignment of the knob?
In my pic above (post#314) the marking on the scope is obviously etched too far to the right. I am guessing there were several marked the same way.

I just noticed on mine, when the elevation turret is on zero, the arrow is not all straight forward to the objective bell. It is just slightly pointing left. Not too bad tho. If I go one click in the direction that it needs to go, it aligns completely perfect. Oh well, I'll just keep it as it is!

I was thinking about this and hopefully the scope tube is identical to the LRTS. That should allow Bushnell to get new parts for warranty repair for a while.

It also explains why the LRHS was discontinued, it's MSRP put it close to the LRTS and people were choosing LRTS more than LRHS. When GAP sells the LRHS at a big discount it is a bargain.

Reactions: TheMammoth
It also explains why the LRHS was discontinued, it's MSRP put it close to the LRTS and people were choosing LRTS more than LRHS. When GAP sells the LRHS at a big discount it is a bargain.

Makes sense.

For that price, I could not resist. That and it is just about perfect for my new AR in .224 Valkyrie. Plus, it will make a nice LR hunting scope.

It was supposed to be delivered Friday, but received a change to this coming Tuesday.

@lash you've got the same idea as me. I just received my 224V barrel for my LMT MRP.

My expected delivery date was yesterday. Idk. Not in a rush though.

a few week ago was looking for a scope like this as I moved my Leopold 4.5 x14 to my .22 as the eyes and age. so I was at my lgs and saw this scope used for 1,000 dollars.i toke a pick and came to Sniper Hide and low and behold, put in my order and my scope came in yesterday. looks great. now to get her on my rifle and too the range. thank you for this deal.

If one of you guys want to trade a GAP LRHSI for a ruger ultralite target grey 7/08 in a nice walnut stock, I could use another one more than my ex-wife's rifle.......

edit to add a pic of my trade goods.

Last edited:
Reached out to Bushnell about the zero alignment issue. They were super helpful. The area where the engraving is off is actually not on the scope tube. It is a seperate part they called the indexing drum. Should be an easy fix I was told.
Shit happens I guess. At least they are making it right. They were aware of this thread and saw my pic posted. Thanks Bushnell and GA Precision.

Reached out to Bushnell about the zero alignment issue. They were super helpful. The area where the engraving is off is actually not on the scope tube. It is a seperate part they called the indexing drum. Should be an easy fix I was told.
Shit happens I guess. At least they are making it right. They were aware of this thread and saw my pic posted. Thanks Bushnell and GA Precision.

Who is paying for shipping, you or Bushnell?

Cool, although I was kind of hoping if I got a bad one they would run out of repair parts and replace mine with a LRTS.

Mine is still label created, no tracking info.

I wonder when they are going to finish putting them in the mail?

The one I just received looks great, aside from the poorly aligned zero mark. Also, I haven't seen anything like this so far, but my turret hangs during dialing. About every 6 mils. Almost feels like it's binding, it's definitely not spinning freely. I can back it off, and it continues to dial. It's difficult to tell you've hit the limit until you just can't dial anymore. Anyone else notice this in theirs? Disappointing, but for the price I can't really whine too loudly... still a good deal. Now I just have to deal with having to get a brand new optic shipped in and repaired before I mount it up. This doesn't match my past experience with Bushnell.

This will go on my 18" Grendel AR, which seems like a great fit. Looking forward to having it back and ready to go. Bushnell's warranty and service dept are at least somewhat easy to deal with. Was told they expect a two week turn around currently. Season's closer every day and time's short, so realistically I must accept that may be asking for too much. When it does come back it looks like I'll have one heck of a long range option for hunting optics.

The one I just received looks great, aside from the poorly aligned zero mark. Also, I haven't seen anything like this so far, but my turret hangs during dialing. About every 6 mils. Almost feels like it's binding, it's definitely not spinning freely. I can back it off, and it continues to dial. It's difficult to tell you've hit the limit until you just can't dial anymore. Anyone else notice this in theirs? Disappointing, but for the price I can't really whine too loudly... still a good deal. Now I just have to deal with having to get a brand new optic shipped in and repaired before I mount it up. This doesn't match my past experience with Bushnell.

This will go on my 18" Grendel AR, which seems like a great fit. Looking forward to having it back and ready to go. Bushnell's warranty and service dept are at least somewhat easy to deal with. Was told they expect a two week turn around currently. Season's closer every day and time's short, so realistically I must accept that may be asking for too much. When it does come back it looks like I'll have one heck of a long range option for hunting optics.
I had completely different experience with my scope. Everything seems spot on so far.

Reactions: Aimsmall55
I had completely different experience with my scope. Everything seems spot on so far.

This is good to hear. It was not my intent to bash anyone or anything in this circumstance, just to add my experience to those already listed about the turret being off-centered. Like others have said, if there wasn't a giant arrow pointing to the left field fence when it was zeroed, I'd probably not have sent it back for that. I'd have nick-named it BABE, and left it be. I would have sent it in anyway though, for the poor performance of the dialing of the turret. There's definitely something wrong inside.

I'm glad you got one good to go right out of the box. I really think Bushnell has made some fantastic optics over the years.

I loved my old 6500 Elite 3.5-30 mildot/moa. I should have kept it.

This is good to hear. It was not my intent to bash anyone or anything in this circumstance, just to add my experience to those already listed about the turret being off-centered. Like others have said, if there wasn't a giant arrow pointing to the left field fence when it was zeroed, I'd probably not have sent it back for that. I'd have nick-named it BABE, and left it be. I would have sent it in anyway though, for the poor performance of the dialing of the turret. There's definitely something wrong inside.

I'm glad you got one good to go right out of the box. I really think Bushnell has made some fantastic optics over the years.

I loved my old 6500 Elite 3.5-30 mildot/moa. I should have kept it.
I promise you'll get taken care of for your scope. Mine was just the arrow issue and Bushnell reached out to me. They are doing the return label so I don't pay out of my pocket. In your case, it's more than just the arrow so I'm sure they'll do their due diligence.