• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes GAP Deal on Bushnell LRHS Scopes

Yep, basically when you align the elevation knob on "0" the arrow does not point down the scope body. You can reset the dial, but the arrow will off again. When I said "1.5 clicks off" I just meant that if I dial 1 click toward making the arrow strait (in my case down), it's still not enough, and 2 clicks is too much. So in the attached picture you can see the arrow points to the left when at zero. If I dial 1 click down, and reset the knob, the arrow is off the same amount. As identified by an earlier post it seems the real issue is the "0" hash and rev markings on the scope body are not aligned to the center of the scope tube. The photo supports that, it certainly looks like the zero has and rev markings are rotated to the right with respect to the center of the scope tube.

If the arrow wasn't there I bet 99% of us would never notice this, but that arrow is a giant "Something is wrong here" flag. I see it as sort of a fluff feature but if you are going to put a giant arrow on a knob as a visual reference for zero, it should at least be "eyeball" strait when at zero.

IMG_0396.jpg

I’m thinking of grabbing one of these for my hunting rifle. What is the low light performance like (dawn and dusk hunting conditions)? Most of my deer hunting is before and after sun up (hunting hours are 1/2 hour before and after) so that is my biggest priority.

Yep, basically when you align the elevation knob on "0" the arrow does not point down the scope body. You can reset the dial, but the arrow will off again. When I said "1.5 clicks off" I just meant that if I dial 1 click toward making the arrow strait (in my case down), it's still not enough, and 2 clicks is too much. So in the attached picture you can see the arrow points to the left when at zero. If I dial 1 click down, and reset the knob, the arrow is off the same amount. As identified by an earlier post it seems the real issue is the "0" hash and rev markings on the scope body are not aligned to the center of the scope tube. The photo supports that, it certainly looks like the zero has and rev markings are rotated to the right with respect to the center of the scope tube.

If the arrow wasn't there I bet 99% of us would never notice this, but that arrow is a giant "Something is wrong here" flag. I see it as sort of a fluff feature but if you are going to put a giant arrow on a knob as a visual reference for zero, it should at least be "eyeball" strait when at zero.

View attachment 6941512
Roger that, I understand it might be an annoyance, but if the scope tracks true who cares? When you are behind the scope you are never looking on top of the turret, you're never going to see that arrow, and what about when you've dialed off 0, it's never going to point straight out. Again, I realize it's an annoyance and if you're going to print an arrow one would hope it would be aligned but I don't think it's going to matter. I ignore that arrow, even when I had my LRTS last year it didn't bother me and only until you pointed it out did I even know that mine was misaligned as well. If you do send your scope back to Bushnell I'll be curious what they say, my guess is they will not fix it but tell you the arrow is only a reference and it is within their spec for it to be off by a certain margin.

I’m thinking of grabbing one of these for my hunting rifle. What is the low light performance like (dawn and dusk hunting conditions)? Most of my deer hunting is before and after sun up (hunting hours are 1/2 hour before and after) so that is my biggest priority.
I put mine up against my S&B Ultra Short 3-20x50 and was extremely hard pressed to tell the difference, I had to look for the most minute of details and was able to find a wee bit more with the Schmidt, but probably more because it's a 50mm vs a 44mm objective. To my eyes the LRHS/LRTS is a superb low light performer. By the way, both scopes were at 12x and I was checking back and forth until it practically was dark.

Roger that, I understand it might be an annoyance, but if the scope tracks true who cares? When you are behind the scope you are never looking on top of the turret, you're never going to see that arrow, and what about when you've dialed off 0, it's never going to point straight out. Again, I realize it's an annoyance and if you're going to print an arrow one would hope it would be aligned but I don't think it's going to matter. I ignore that arrow, even when I had my LRTS last year it didn't bother me and only until you pointed it out did I even know that mine was misaligned as well. If you do send your scope back to Bushnell I'll be curious what they say, my guess is they will not fix it but tell you the arrow is only a reference and it is within their spec for it to be off by a certain margin.

It's a fair point, everyone is going to have their tolerance/OCD for such things, some people don't care if the knob hashes don't line up with the zero mark etc. others it drives crazy. Some people don't care if a pop up rev indicator works, if a reticle is rotated, if the range marks on a parallax knobs are accurate or rotation is reversed, if the clicks "fade" during a revolution, etc., others it's unacceptable.

For me it will drive my OCD crazy to see the "zero" arrow that crooked all the time. I've actually thought about using a sharpie to just black the arrow out "out of sight out of mind". I really don't see much use for it, aside as a very quick reference when you first get your gun out of the case, move to a new stage etc. Since the optic appears to be designed for long range hunting I could also see it being very handy for hunting as it's not be uncommon to have a knob "migrate" a few clicks.

From my understanding Bushnell has been more than happy to fix these issues, though it wouldn't surprise me with as many as it sounds like might be in the return que that they wished they paid a bit more attention before they sent them out. So it appears even Bushnell agrees they are not right and should be fixed.

Reactions: Glassaholic
It's a fair point, everyone is going to have their tolerance/OCD for such things, some people don't care if the knob hashes don't line up with the zero mark etc. others it drives crazy. Some people don't care if a pop up rev indicator works, if a reticle is rotated, if the range marks on a parallax knobs are accurate or rotation is reversed, if the clicks "fade" during a revolution, etc., others it's unacceptable.

For me it will drive my OCD crazy to see the "zero" arrow that crooked all the time. I've actually thought about using a sharpie to just black the arrow out "out of sight out of mind". I really don't see much use for it, aside as a very quick reference when you first get your gun out of the case, move to a new stage etc. Since the optic appears to be designed for long range hunting I could also see it being very handy for hunting as it's not be uncommon to have a knob "migrate" a few clicks.

From my understanding Bushnell has been more than happy to fix these issues, though it wouldn't surprise me with as many as it sounds like might be in the return que that they wished they paid a bit more attention before they sent them out. So it appears even Bushnell agrees they are not right and should be fixed.
I here you on the OCD, I think we all obsess about certain things so I understand. I would be curious if Bushnell fixes this for you and how quickly, keep us updated.

Thank you for clarifying amc, is this what you're talking about on yours?

View attachment 6941577

The green line doesn't go straight through the flute in the turret. Is it perspective that makes it look like that? Or is the turret cover that far off from level? I had a 3-12 bent so bad the zero stop would not move on the brass shaft and the turret cover would rub part of the revolution. Bushnell sent me another from their "repair inventory" according to paper work.

Bushnell has reached out to a few of us in this thread with a prepaid return label to correct the issue, and, myself included, we have sent them back. They have acknowledged that there is an issue, and have offered to correct it, as noted a few pages back.

I sent mine out last Friday, we'll see how quickly they come back. It does suck when you pre-order something and as soon as you get it, you have to send it back. BUT, they are willing to make it right, and they reached out to me first, offering to help. I think that is pretty stand up, enough to consider picking up another one of these, knowing I may have to send it back as well.

Dave

You guys with crooked arrows should at least be thankful you HAVE arrows. My 2 from the first batch of gap scopes only have the front half.....But they line up right. My 2, 3-12's and 1 other, 4.5-18 non-illume are straight and full arrows.

For those of you who pay any attention to the arrow on top of your elevation turret— you are retarded. You fucking drama queens will never use that arrow in your LIFE and if you do it’ll probably be to tell your friends [in a retarded voice] “My scope has an arrow and it points due north at all times when it’s zeroed.”

Friend- “Ok.”

Take a black sharpie to the fucking arrow and go use your scope.

GAP seemed to think it was important enough of a feature to list it as such in the first post of this deal description........

After closer look my arrow is one click off from being straight. So is the problem with the arrow on top cosmetic or is tracking on turret dial off? This is the only scope I have with arrow on top of turret, so for me I chalked it up to being only cosmetic. Please someone help clarify this for me because when I dial everything seems to track fine. Thank you.

After closer look my arrow is one click off from being straight. So is the problem with the arrow on top cosmetic or is tracking on turret dial off? This is the only scope I have with arrow on top of turret, so for me I chalked it up to being only cosmetic. Please someone help clarify this for me because when I dial everything seems to track fine. Thank you.
The turret is fine. It will also track fine. The problem is the mark on the scope. It is not aligned correctly. I thought the zero marking was on the scope tube but Bushnell informed me that is actually the indexing drum and can be adjusted. My zero mark, when viewed from the rear, was too far to the right.

Last edited:
I took mine out to 1000 yards and back on my .224 Valkyrie today. I must say that this is a nice scope and about perfect for what it was designed as, a long range hunting scope. The thickness of the reticle makes for quick acquisition along with what seems to me to be a pretty forgiving eye relief and parallax. The glass and view stayed clear out to 1000 and it gave me a better view of my targets in heavy mirage than in some other 25 power scopes on the line. That was likely due to mirage typically showing up worse in higher powers.

I think it is the perfect match for my precision AR in .224V. Dialing up and down seemed spot on, though I did not run a box test or tall target test on it today due to the type of shooting that was happening today.

As I said above, my white arrow lines up fine with the scope tube, the 0 marking on the Turret tube and the little notches in the scope turret knob. For those wondering why that white arrow is there, without reading any literature I assume it was to provide a quick visual reference for a hunter in the field to make sure that the turret has not been spun from a hike through woods or any other reason, since it is a departure from the lift up locking turrets on tactical scopes and covered turrets on many hunting rifles. For my money, I think that I would do as the guy said above, and use a black marker to cover it if it annoys you.

In short, I am quite pleased with this little scope.

Last edited:
I took mine out to 1000 yards and back on my .224 Valkyrie today. I must say that this is a nice scope and about perfect for what it was designed as, a long range hunting scope. The thickness of the reticle makes for quick acquisition along with what seems to me to be a pretty forgiving eye relief and parallax. The glass and view stayed clear out to 1000 and it gave me a better view of my targets in heavy mirage than in some other 25 power scopes on the line. That was likely due to mirage typically showing up worse in higher powers.

I think it is the perfect match for my precision AR in .224V. Dialing up and down seemed spot on, though I did not run a box test or tall target test on it today due to the type of shooting that was happening today.

As I said above, my white arrow lines up fine with the scope tube, the 0 marking on the Turret tube and the little notches in the scope turret knob. For those wondering why that white arrow is there, without reading any literature I assume it was to provide a quick visual reference for a hunter in the field to make sure that the turret has not been spun from a hike through woods or any other reason, since it is a departure from the lift up locking turrets on tactical scopes and covered turrets on many hunting rifles. For my money, I think that I would do as the guy said above, and use a black marker to cover it if it annoys you.

In short, I am quite pleased with this little scope.

I agree this is a nice scope. I sighted mine in on a 7mm STW the other day and took it hunting yesterday afternoon over a bean field. Glass is very clear and low light performance is right on line with my Leupy VX6HD. Looking at some does at 300 yds at last light would have been an easy shot.

As far as the arrow goes I haven't paid any attention to it. LOL

Got my scope yesterday. Very impressive scope. Looking forward to hunting with it a bit later this year. I think it's going on my 280 ackley.

So are these scopes seconds or slight blems and thats why they are such a good deal? I was under the impression that they were new first quality scopes. Has GAP replaced any under warranty or is the MFG the only one offering relief?

So are these scopes seconds or slight blems and thats why they are such a good deal? I was under the impression that they were new first quality scopes. Has GAP replaced any under warranty or is the MFG the only one offering relief?
They are new first quality...and yes it goes back to manufacture,..

The good deal is available since these are being discontinued in favor of the LRTS.

After reading through these comments, I looked to see if my arrow was straight after receiving my scope. The arrow aligns with the turret 0 hash mark, but the numbers are off by about .5-.75 mils as you can see in these pictures. The vertical rings of the LT104 accentuate this. The turret clicks align with the hash marks. I would probably check to see if this is the case for everyone else.

I'll probably send this back to Bushnell on this one. The QC on this last batch of LRHS is disappointing, as I've been a big proponent of their DMR2. I'm sure that Bushnell's customer service will make it right though.
IMG_20180910_094241.jpg
IMG_20180910_094312.jpg

Are you all using the standard Bushnell Warranty contact information or is there a better way to get in touch for these off axis issues?

I was planning on calling on Monday. Some things are better in writing, but I feel this is probably best resolved through a conversation.

After reading through these comments, I looked to see if my arrow was straight after receiving my scope. The arrow aligns with the turret 0 hash mark, but the numbers are off by about .5-.75 mils as you can see in these pictures. The vertical rings of the LT104 accentuate this. The turret clicks align with the hash marks. I would probably check to see if this is the case for everyone else.

I'll probably send this back to Bushnell on this one. The QC on this last batch of LRHS is disappointing, as I've been a big proponent of their DMR2. I'm sure that Bushnell's customer service will make it right though.View attachment 6944609View attachment 6944610

Mine were like yours. 1 just like it and the other off by at least .1 mil. Call the customer service number in the book. They are aware of the issue and this thread. They will fix it. Sure it sucks but they are fixing it and covering shipping.

Damnit i never noticed this until i read this thread. I have 2 from the "first" clearance a few months back. Both are offset on the 0 marking on the scope body

Attachments

• 20180914_181130.jpg
    20180914_181130.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 139
Anyone have any feedback from Bushnell yet on the progress? I'm on the cusp of ordering another optic just in case mine doesn't return quickly. I've got a hunt scheduled in 3 weeks and a new rifle that needs set up.

Bushnell kept my LRHSI and sent me an LRTSI G3. I'm actually slightly disappointed about that surprisingly. I really liked the HSI's reticle. I guess it's not a bad deal, but I'd rather have had mine repaired and sent back to me. No comms from them aside from an email with the shipping label. No tracking on return shipment, which I guess isn't really necessary but it makes it seem like they were too busy to communicate. I was expecting a different package, and bam - scope in the mail. Glad I was home to pull it off the porch...

Overall, I guess I paid 800 bucks for a 1500 dollar scope in the end, so I should have little to complain about. The LRTSI is okay, it just doesn't really fit the hunting optic purpose as well.

I might buy one hoping for the problem if they are replacing them with lrtsi. Both nice scopes, but I prefer the lrtsi reticle.

I had a LRHS 3-12 fog up on me after being underwater when my brother flip his packraft with my rifle in it the spring on a Kodiak brown bear hunt. They replaced it promplty with a 3-12 LRSTi. I just like the G2H reticle a lot better for actual hunting so I sold that scope.

I might buy one hoping for the problem if they are replacing them with lrtsi. Both nice scopes, but I prefer the lrtsi reticle.

It appears that they are out of stock, or at least GAP removed them from the site.

Bushnell kept my LRHSI and sent me an LRTSI G3. I'm actually slightly disappointed about that surprisingly. I really liked the HSI's reticle. I guess it's not a bad deal, but I'd rather have had mine repaired and sent back to me. No comms from them aside from an email with the shipping label. No tracking on return shipment, which I guess isn't really necessary but it makes it seem like they were too busy to communicate. I was expecting a different package, and bam - scope in the mail. Glad I was home to pull it off the porch...

Overall, I guess I paid 800 bucks for a 1500 dollar scope in the end, so I should have little to complain about. The LRTSI is okay, it just doesn't really fit the hunting optic purpose as well.

I really hope Bushnell has the sense to call me first if they plan to send a different scope.

Last edited:

Was it the FDE LRTSi 4-18x?

I received the following update from Dan this morning. FYI, I asked about the FDE LRTSi and he said they were not available, so black it is.

Good morning,

I just wanted to give you an update regarding the Long Range Hunter you sent in. I was misinformed by my repair guys, and the necessary tools and components to correct the misaligned turrets are not here/available in our US lab. All affected scopes will have to return to Japan to correct the issue. Estimated total time for repairs is 8-10 weeks.

If you’re not married to the G2H reticle, I can have yours exchanged for the tactical version, the LRTSi w/ G3 reticle, and out the door within 72 hours.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I apologize for all of the inconveniences incurred regarding this.

All best,

I received the following update from Dan this morning. FYI, I asked about the FDE LRTSi and he said they were not available, so black it is.

Good morning,

I just wanted to give you an update regarding the Long Range Hunter you sent in. I was misinformed by my repair guys, and the necessary tools and components to correct the misaligned turrets are not here/available in our US lab. All affected scopes will have to return to Japan to correct the issue. Estimated total time for repairs is 8-10 weeks.

If you’re not married to the G2H reticle, I can have yours exchanged for the tactical version, the LRTSi w/ G3 reticle, and out the door within 72 hours.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I apologize for all of the inconveniences incurred regarding this.

All best,

I received the same as well this morning. I'd prefer to keep the LRHSi, but I don't know that I want to wait another 8-10 weeks. I was actually wanting to put it on my Dad's rifle as a suprise.

Dave

I will trade you. I still have a LRHSi brand new in the box.

Thanks for the offer, and for those who sent similar in PM's. I think I'm going to have them fix mine, and look for someone selling one so I have a second LRHSi while I'm waiting. I should have bought two when I had the chance.

Dave