• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gap grind 2020

Northfl

Keepin the lights on
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2018
Jax fl
Who is planning on going and where will you be traveling from??
i am going to try and get to it.
coming from florida.

Thats kind of why i posted this. Maybe someone from your area is planning to attend. I thought about flying into nashville and renting a jeep, since its a 11hr drive for me. But the damn flights are all layover flights and still 5 hrs or so anyways so may as well drive. Then dont have to worry about flyin with weapons and such.

Reactions: The Durk
Yeaaaa I have a 9k rig, I really don’t want to trust it to the TSA. I don’t even trust them to handle my clothing.

I’m either gonna attend this or the kestrel match a couple weeks later in Florida. The grind would probably benefit me more since I’m not very good, but the one at Altus isn’t far from the beach and the wife would be more likely to go to it lol.

Saw the kestrel one also. Lot closer for me for sure. Still 4 or so hour drive

If we go to the kestrel match it lines up with my work schedule so I don’t have to use vacation. I think we would probably pull the camper down and stay somewhere for the week

Mine also. If everything goes as planned it will be my 4th prs match. Of course thats if everything goes as planned so far. Just contributing to the prize table as i have no expectation of even placing above dead last

I will say that if the grind is anything like the prs match I shot a couple weekends ago at k&m you guys will have a blast. I literally was lost like last years Easter egg and there were so many guys willing to help me without me even asking. Guys we’re giving my tips and pointers on stances and everything. It was awesome.

Reactions: miscexpense
I
I will say that if the grind is anything like the prs match I shot a couple weekends ago at k&m you guys will have a blast. I literally was lost like last years Easter egg and there were so many guys willing to help me without me even asking. Guys we’re giving my tips and pointers on stances and everything. It was awesome.
have generally found that to be true from the shooting community. I have only shot one other discipline but them folks were helpful as well. Just look at what happens here on this site. Tons of information. Hope to see a bunch of folks from here shooting there as well. Be good to put some faces with names

Not sure where i will stay just yet. Will be in panama city beach when regs opens so hopefully will get the alarm i have set and get in

Just registered as an individual pro. This will be my first Gap Grind, and I am super excited. I do feel bad for my amateur though, as this is my first season in PRS/NRL and while I was supposed to have 5 matches under my belt by the Grind, I will only have one. Thanks COVID.

Just barely got in. Was 3 ind am spots. But got in

I’m somewhat bummed that we won’t find out our teams till September. I was hoping to be able to have more time to train, coordinate, and develop rapport with my amateur.

I am signed up. From Durham, NC. Shooting with a buddy from Hickory. Wife is also going and shooting. She is shooting with a friend from Sanford.

Have a room booked at days in up in jackson. Plan on leaving florida round midnight or so wed night before. And gettin in to jackson some time round noon , 1:00. Just relax till friday

I'm coming in from central VA. Going to stop with my brother in Asheville the night before, then go on to Finger TN the next day. Should arrive with plenty of time for check in and tune up on Friday.

Was my first match last year as an AM. Great time, well run. Didn’t know my pro partner prior but he was a solid guy and really helpful. I didn’t know anyone in my squad either but you quickly find everyone likes to shoot and likes to talk about shooting.

COF a little overwhelming at first just based on the packet, but once you get to each stage you have plenty of time to get your range card set up and figure out how you want to run the stage and watch other people.

The drive down from Jackson is not bad at all, in the early morning it’s about ~35 mins. Plenty of parking available once you get to the range.

Looks like a good hide turn out. Room already booked in jackson. Days inn. turns out it will be my 6th prs match. Still suck though

Reactions: mountainman308
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to swing going this year. I definitely plan to attend it next year for sure. I’m hoping my boys will be old enough that my wife can rope them in by herself

Teams email came out the other day. I reached out to my pro but there is some confusion going on that should be squared away pretty quick i hope
Shooting my first 2day this weekend The mpa summer shootout. Gonna be a hot one for sure.

Got linked up with my amateur as well. He seems like a good guy. We are shooting an outlaw match this weekend to get to know each other and our shooting/communication styles.

I'll be there. I shot with my pro earlier this year, and we're shooting one later this month too.

Super excited about the GAP Grind and meeting new to me shooters.

Where can one find squadding info. I havent heard anything yet about the pro pairing confusing.

As an am. Figured i wouldnt be able to see it anyways till it is finalized.

I jumped in with the people I wanted to shoot with, then laughed as I watched everyone else in the other squads play musical chairs.
I was hoping to see a Miculek, Danny Horner, Philip Velayo, or another top shooter on the list, and squad with them. No such luck. I did squad with the Hornady team though, so I am excited to see what I can learn from the pros.

Your pro can send you a screenshot or something to show you the squad you're in, but it'll only show the pros.
I’m not even sure of my pro just yet. I am paired up with one that is also paired already with a team.
they said they were pretty sure that i was paired up with their son but havent heard back just yet

I was hoping to see a Miculek, Danny Horner, Philip Velayo, or another top shooter on the list, and squad with them. No such luck. I did squad with the Hornady team though, so I am excited to see what I can learn from the pros.

You're one squad over from me, actually. Bryan Yueng from Team GAP is in your squad, too, and he's a damn good shooter, as well as an all around good guy - and he's hilarious.

I’m not even sure of my pro just yet. I am paired up with one that is also paired already with a team.
they said they were pretty sure that i was paired up with their son but havent heard back just yet

If you shoot me a PM with the name of your pro, I can tell you what squad they are in.

You're one squad over from me, actually. Bryan Yueng from Team GAP is in your squad, too, and he's a damn good shooter, as well as an all around good guy - and he's hilarious.

Thanks for the intel, glad to hear we have a good guy and talented shooter. I'll keep an eye out for Bryan. My Am has a GAP rifle, so I'm sure he'll be thrilled to shooting with a GAP team member.

Looking for a spot if anyone wants to sell theirs.

Ok so I got verification of my pro and squad. Cant wait til october. In squad 14

Anyone staying up in jackson?? I have a room booked but now reading some bad reviews about it. Looking for another in case i have to check out of this one early. I generally stay at a days inn , And have pretty good luck with them being clean and what not. But the reviews on this one are all over the place. Have a call into the sherrifs dept there to check on crime rates in The area as well. If it were just me i would be ok but the wife and daughter are coming along on this one as well

I'm going to bivouac on the K&M property if anyone else wants to add their tent/trailer/RV to Camp Lowlight/ Fort Sniper's Hide. Thought about the hotels, but with the virus still out there and the beautiful weather in the forecast, the great outdoors are calling my name.

Reactions: Northfl
If the wife and yungin werent goin i would probably do the same thing. But getting them to tent it up is like locating a truck load of primers right now. Impossible!!!!

Anyone staying up in jackson?? I have a room booked but now reading some bad reviews about it. Looking for another in case i have to check out of this one early. I generally stay at a days inn , And have pretty good luck with them being clean and what not. But the reviews on this one are all over the place. Have a call into the sherrifs dept there to check on crime rates in The area as well. If it were just me i would be ok but the wife and daughter are coming along on this one as well

staying at the quality in Jackson. it has a pool. I like pools

staying at the quality in Jackson. it has a pool. I like pools
I have one in the back yard i hardly ever get in. The wife and daughter love it. I just work on it and clean it.
spoke with a leo at the local pd he said that the area behind the days inn was a bar/club and the riffraff usually ends up there on the weekends. Just booked at the marriot east a little ways