• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP on a Blustery NE Florida day

kheuertz

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 7, 2008
Jacksonville, Florida
On a windy, cold Northeast Florida day...my GAP keeps making me smile

IMG_0200.jpg

...three rounds from my .308 GAP rifle at the 100 yard range just for fun!...JaxOps

Re: GAP on a Blustery NE Florida day

I know what you mean, mine makes me smile every time I pull the trigger. Great shooting!!

This was with a factory load...Federal Gold Medal Match, 168 grain Sierra Matchking. I haven't started reloading yet but when it shoots this well with factory loads, why bother. I usually can find the FGMM on sale. The last time I found it at Cabela's for $19.98 for 20 rounds.

I am saving my brass for when I do reload. Have Fun!....JaxOps

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bruno86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It gets cold in Florida? News to me lol. JK, nice group! </div></div>

About a week ago it got down to 30 degrees at night in Naples, FL.

Cold not like Pennsylvania but "damp, off the ocean, cuts right through you" COLD...and being down here too many years kind of wus to the cold, HA

Wait. So you missed the target completely 2/3 times? :-D

Made the hole a little more ragged than I wanted...( In my dreams, more luck than skill but still fun!)... JaxOps
IMG_0204.jpg

...added the tape measure for comparison today.

GAP sure did their part and now I just have to keep practicing...Someone has to do it and it might as well be me. I want one of their gas guns too and I hope the March bonus comes through.

I was at BSF Sunday. I was doping a new 260 load Chad developed for me. It was 0-25 from left to right, and vice versa
smile.gif

It was a great day of practice. Chad's load is like shooting a laser. You had your hands full with a 308. Well done!

Looks nice, Where you shootn in Jax. I was just down at ACSR today shooting on the 200 for a bit

I go to St Augustine for short range. And Bradford Sportsmans farm for up to 850 yards.

80% of my rifle shooting is at BSF, it is an easy 1 hour drive for me. 100 and 200 get kind of boring vs 500+

Nice group! What will it shoot in a 10 round continous string? I assume not much bigger, but I am curious....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I go to St Augustine for short range. And Bradford Sportsmans farm for up to 850 yards.

80% of my rifle shooting is at BSF, it is an easy 1 hour drive for me. 100 and 200 get kind of boring vs 500+ </div></div>

I just started going to Volusia for their 1K shoot, Let me know some time you go to ACSR

1k in Volusia County? I'm sure glad you mentioned that.
Is the range in New Smyrna at the club? That would beat the drive to Manatee by hours!

Shoot at Gateway. Only have up to 200 yard range so would like to try further.

Oh, by the way, only had 4 rounds with me this day. One for the cold bore shot and the rest for the main target....next time will be the five shot group...JaxOps
IMG_0204.jpg