• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

GAP Production Rifle

The first dozen or so are finished and customers should be getting calls starting Monday. The rest are all in production and will be finished in batches throughout the next couple weeks. Customers who added accessories or cerakote will have the gun finished in order, but adding stuff on will add some time to the order to just in pulling the parts, different packaging, adding flush cups adds a couple days, drilling the t nuts for arca rails will add a couple days that kind of thing. These things are on schedule to be finished in April as promised.

20200318_145557.jpg
20200318_145557.jpg
20200318_145625.jpg
20200318_145607.jpg
20200318_145453.jpg

looks like a good lookin rig, especially for the price and not bad on wait times.

Anyone else order the gt? I couldn’t help myself since I already have a creed.

hopefully they offer a 6.5cm in the future.
If they did this in the next year, they'd have a guaranteed purchase right here. I want a GAP something bad, but I can't justify paying over $4k for what should be a $2.5k gun.

Reactions: DOA and Thecelt
Got my tracking number today. Will be here next Tuesday and then I get to wait an extra ten days, because people always buy guns in the heat of passion and forget that they have (large number here that I won’t share) guns sitting at the house already. I guess you can only commit a crime with a new gun in the people’s republic of CA.

then you will get delayed on the 4473 since so many people are buying guns now. I think every 4473 this week has come back delayed.

I just sent in my FFL info & completed the payment. assuming the world doesn't continue to spiral into madness...
this whole experience with GAP has been quite excellent. now if only I had my scope & some ammo...

I picked mine up at the FFL today. first impression is really positive.
waiting on scope & ammo now...
and I need to figure out what to do about my bipod. I have a pair of atlas V8s that mount to pic rails, but my GAP was built with an ARCA rail so I need to replace the pic clam with the proper piece to mount to the area 419 ARCA adapter. Or, I could splurge and buy a super CAL. :)

Reactions: Sinned
Still waiting no phone call yet ordered 1/22...... but I did add flush cups/ arca rail/thumb screw cheek riser.

Mine just got delivered to my FFL. Will do the paperwork tomorrow.

Waiting also. Called Monday to see if it would be ok to go ahead and pay the rest so they aren’t waiting on me for anything. Didn’t get anyone so left a voicemail for Jeremy but haven’t heard back. Hopefully they’re all healthy and not affected by this covid junk.
Have a 525i and Gen2 PST sitting on the shelf waiting for this rifle.

Last edited:
I picked mine up at the FFL today. first impression is really positive.
waiting on scope & ammo now...
and I need to figure out what to do about my bipod. I have a pair of atlas V8s that mount to pic rails, but my GAP was built with an ARCA rail so I need to replace the pic clam with the proper piece to mount to the area 419 ARCA adapter. Or, I could splurge and buy a super CAL. :)
If you got the 419 kit the arca clamp that comes with it will bolt straight to an atlas.

I don't see how the atlas will bolt to the 419 rail - my atlas has the non-QD pic rail setup (BT10 V8 Atlas) not the no clamp interface (BT10-NC V8)

what I have:
bt10-v8-atlas-bipod.jpg

what I think I need:
bt10-nc-v8-atlas-bipod.jpg

are the mounting plates on atlas bipods interchangeable? (I'm getting very off topic in this thread, sorry for that)

Reactions: phlegethon
Ok, that atlas is the only one that wont directly work. You will need a small piece of pic rail to bolt to the arca plate. The second pic is the qd atlas with the qd taken off which is different than the screw model.

I just ordered an Atlas CAL bipod with the correct connector and some seekins rings to replace the spuhr mount that didn't work for me.

Very nice! I am jelly. Can't wait for mine.

Does anyone know if GAP is still up and running? Seems like they were planning on it from a Facebook post on 3/19 but I've gotten radio silence from them last couple weeks.

last I heard that some folks were working from home, but others were still in the shop. they were deemed a critical business and an exception was made for them.

They would be considered essential via DHS CISA classification. Doesn’t mean folks don’t get sick or other issues don’t pop up. Hope none of those things but haven’t seen or heard anything from them in a couple weeks as mentioned so was asking.

Looks like they just got in the next batch of actions for these. I'm thinking April 30 at the very earliest.

If anyone is interested, the total weight as seen is 15 pounds. Harris Bipod, Burris xtr ii 5-25 and seekins low rings. Empty accurate 5 round mag and Burris 34mm scope level.

All the Actions are here and barrels are chambered. They are getting spun and marked and assembled Monday. If yours is getting paint, an ARCA rail or flush cups they are being done and will probably be a couple weeks behind. We have several guys out, none are sick but some guys cant risk it. We only have one sales guy in the office right now and he is swamped so if you call leave a message or better yet leave an email and we will get back to you. We are doing our level best to have these out by the end of April, but please bear with us as these are interesting times and we are still in lockdown until early May at the earliest. I can't check status on individual guns, but we are getting several done every day.

All the Actions are here and barrels are chambered. They are getting spun and marked and assembled Monday. If yours is getting paint, an ARCA rail or flush cups they are being done and will probably be a couple weeks behind. We have several guys out, none are sick but some guys cant risk it. We only have one sales guy in the office right now and he is swamped so if you call leave a message or better yet leave an email and we will get back to you. We are doing our level best to have these out by the end of April, but please bear with us as these are interesting times and we are still in lockdown until early May at the earliest. I can't check status on individual guns, but we are getting several done every day.
Any chance for 6.5cm in the future?

10 more 5 shot groups today averaged .91 inches @ 100 yards. wind was gusting and it wasn't my best day.
surprisingly the 4 groups of Hornady black printed the 2 best groups of the day and the smallest average, but not by much over the 4 groups of Hornady ELD match. The 2 groups of Federal/Berger were among the worst.

I can say there won't be a .223 version, I can't say one way or the other on the 6.5 creed. The volume of parts we ordered in one shot are why we can build these for the price we are selling them for. A different barrel would basically double the amount of guns we would have to build. The only one that knows if we will offer a 6.5 is George, and he is focused on getting the current run done right now.

I would definitely be in for a 6.5 creed model. Or would buy one of these right now if there happens to be a cancelled order. Local KC here.

I would definitely be in for a 6.5 creed model. Or would buy one of these right now if there happens to be a cancelled order. Local KC here.
Agreed.
Just chiming in again. I'd buy right now if a 6.5CM version was available.
I'd even pre-order a year out for the same price as the 6mm ones.

Mine shipped today. Looking forward to getting it out to the range after seeing these promising reports.

My hat is off to GA Precision for kicking ass and getting these out despite the world falling apart.